3 srar WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama over UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 3 srar WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama over UGA

Herchel
01-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Waiting for the Bama Bump in 3.2.1... :raz:

planetalker
01-03-2016, 02:12 PM

Who cares how many stars he has. If Saban is willing to make him one of this year's 25, then obviously he's a 5-Star to him.

BigBamaFan
01-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Who cares how many stars he has. If Saban is willing to make him one of this year's 25, then obviously he's a 5-Star to him.
Yeah im with you knowing how we have recruited if the guy makes that cut he can ball

planetalker
01-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Well? Did he get another star?

Herchel
01-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Well? Did he get another star?
It's early yet. He will be a 5 star in February. He is currently .8823 on 247.
BTW, I wasn't knocking him. We recruited him as well.

Dawg in Dallas
01-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I took it as a knock on the recruiting services, if anything...

planetalker
01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Kind of a sideways slap at Alabama though. Like Alabama somehow finagled the Recruiting Class rankings by "bumping" the ratings of all of their recruits. If he signed with SC he was a 3 star, but if he signed with Alabama he was a 4 or 5 star??? Maybe it is actually a compliment though. The recruiting services think the kid is a 3 star but if Saban thinks he's a 5 star then maybe he really is a 5 star. haha!

Dawg in Dallas
01-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Kind of a sideways slap at Alabama though. Like Alabama somehow finagled the Recruiting Class rankings by "bumping" the ratings of all of their recruits. If he signed with SC he was a 3 star, but if he signed with Alabama he was a 4 or 5 star??? Maybe it is actually a compliment though. The recruiting services think the kid is a 3 star but if Saban thinks he's a 5 star then maybe he really is a 5 star. haha!

It doesn't just happen to Bama recruits.

I don't think anyone questions the quality of talent on the Bama roster.

Herchel
01-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Kind of a sideways slap at Alabama though. Like Alabama somehow finagled the Recruiting Class rankings by "bumping" the ratings of all of their recruits.
I didn't realize you were unfamiliar with the Bama Bump. Bama doesn't finagle anything. When a recruit commits to Bama, their ranking usually improves. It's the services doing this, not Bama.

planetalker
01-04-2016, 03:10 PM
I didn't realize you were unfamiliar with the Bama Bump. Bama doesn't finagle anything. When a recruit commits to Bama, their ranking usually improves. It's the services doing this, not Bama.

No I haven't heard of the Bama bump. I wonder what the cause/effect of the "Bama Bump" is?