Stanford v. Iowa [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Stanford v. Iowa

GDawg88
01-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Can the "Big Ten is good" meme please end? Stanford up 38-0 early in the third quarter. For those keeping score at home, the East and West champs of the Big Ten have been outscored 76-0 this bowl season.

Subrookie
01-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Incredibly boring game. The first time all bowl season I get to watch a whole game kid free and this is what I get to watch.

Herchel
01-02-2016, 07:24 AM
First time I have seen McCaffrey. He is for real.

Dawg in Dallas
01-02-2016, 07:25 AM

No kidding, he is incredible.

Subrookie
01-02-2016, 09:50 AM
What was the record he set? First guy in Rose Bowl history to do 100/100 rushing/receiving? Guy is a great player. Is his dad Eddie McCaffery?

Dawgilicious
01-02-2016, 11:01 AM
What was the record he set? First guy in Rose Bowl history to do 100/100 rushing/receiving? Guy is a great player. Is his dad Eddie McCaffery?

Yep. He also broke the all-purpose record set by Jared Abbrederis a few years ago. His brother is a WR at Duke and he has 2 younger brothers that are top players in Colorado HS football. Eddie was a t the game yesterday

scgamecock312
01-02-2016, 12:13 PM

This is probably why he didn't win the Heisman. If this is the first time you have seen him play, can you imagine the so called called voters probably not staying up to watch him as well?

ugabrad
01-02-2016, 01:35 PM
This is probably why he didn't win the Heisman. If this is the first time you have seen him play, can you imagine the so called called voters probably not staying up to watch him as well?

That does tick me off... if they are given the responsibility of the Heisman vote, then they should stay up to watch all contenders play. To be fair, however, Henry did carry the 'Bama offense in sooo many games. Still, I think that McCaffrey was the better player this year.

Bama_Man
01-02-2016, 03:54 PM
It was a close race and Henry had his best run to end the season. I see the argument for either guy, but Henry winning is far from a travesty.

Herchel
01-02-2016, 04:20 PM
It was a close race and Henry had his best run to end the season. I see the argument for either guy, but Henry winning is far from a travesty.
I thought Henry was the 3rd best RB in the SEC. That doesn't mean he didn't deserve the Heisman. McCaffrey is fun to watch.

Subrookie
01-02-2016, 04:42 PM
If you're a good enough player you'll get votes even if you play on the west coast. It's not like we've never had a Heisman won by someone in the PAC-12. Leinert and Bush won back to back not all that long ago.