Eason to make official visit to Florida. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Eason to make official visit to Florida.

2008 National Champions
11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
I've seen this all over twitter tonight. He's visiting tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/chiptowersajc/status/671510493081812992

Friedchickenman
11-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Interesting tidbit-due to Eason's signing of a financial aid agreement with UGA and the increased contact by UGA coaches afterwards, if Eason were to sign with another school, UGA would likely have a heap of recruiting violations on their hands.

GatorMan32
11-30-2015, 10:10 PM
All the more reason for Florida to sign him LOL

2008 National Champions
11-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Interesting tidbit-due to Eason's signing of a financial aid agreement with UGA and the increased contact by UGA coaches afterwards, if Eason were to sign with another school, UGA would likely have a heap of recruiting violations on their hands.

Please explain?

TexasFight
11-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Firing a beloved coach after a 9-3 season -- however disappointing it may have been, and I'd say a good portion can be attributed to bad luck -- is bad enough, but to lose your star recruit at the most important position on the field to your archrival because of it?

Chernobyl would be jealous if that were to come to fruition.

Friedchickenman
11-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Please explain?

Happened with LSU in March.

A recruit’s decision not to enroll at LSU after signing a financial aid agreement has the football program in some hot water.

LSU is banned from signing early enrollee recruits to financial aid agreements for the next two years, and the program will be stripped of 10 percent of its recruiting evaluation days in 2015, according to public records obtained by The Advocate.

The penalties, handed down by the Southeastern Conference and reported by the school Feb. 3, stem from a violation that occurred this fall involving an unnamed recruit.

The recruit signed a financial aid agreement with LSU, intending to enroll early in January and giving the school unlimited contact with him. But he decided not to enroll at the school. That makes at least some of LSU’s unlimited contact with the prospect illegal.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/11707183-123/records-lsu-slapped-with-recruiting

The NCAA modified the financial aid agreement (FAA) in April. It continued to allow schools “relaxed recruiting rules” for prospects who signed a financial aid agreement, but it also warned schools that they could be penalized for recruiting violations if that prospect did not eventually enroll in that school.

2008 National Champions
11-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Firing a beloved coach after a 9-3 season -- however disappointing it may have been, and I'd say a good portion can be attributed to bad luck -- is bad enough, but to lose your star recruit at the most important position on the field to your archrival because of it?

Chernobyl would be jealous if that were to come to fruition.

Lmao!

BigBamaFan
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
No way Eason stays with Georgia imo he will end up at Florida or follow Richt

JRS
12-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Lmao!

Remember, they can do better. :sarcasm:

2008 National Champions
12-03-2015, 08:50 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jacob-eason-plans-to-decommit-report-indicates/

For what it's worth...

Dawgilicious
12-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Eason will win 4 national titles and 3 heismans at UF

GDawg88
12-03-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Jacob Eason. If he comes to Georgia, great -- I hope he wins us a national championship. If he goes to UF, I hope we beat his ass the next four years. Either way, I want this saga to be over.

Djshockley3
12-03-2015, 10:29 PM
The saga? The kid has been great with his recruitment. He was all UGA until we made the dumb decision to get rid of everyone. We have another year of Lambert and nothing behind him, that's why everyone is going crazy.

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2015, 10:36 PM
The saga? The kid has been great with his recruitment. He was all UGA until we made the dumb decision to get rid of everyone. We have another year of Lambert and nothing behind him, that's why everyone is going crazy.

Well there is Ramsey. Perhaps with a better OC, we will see development at the QB position.

GatorMan32
12-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Hearing interesting things. I'll leave it at that. We will all know soon. FWIW he isn't going to Miami. Richt maybe there but that place is a crap hole. I can't see his family comfortable with that.

Djshockley3
12-04-2015, 04:48 AM
I agree with that.

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Eason is going to Athens this weekend, so the new staff (has anyone officially been hired yet?) will have a chance to keep him.

If anything the Richt firing gave him the chance to be wined and dined like most top recruits are.

I won't be surprised if he stays with his UGA commitment and likewise I won't be surprised if Coach Mac was able to flip him.

GDawg88
12-04-2015, 09:31 AM
If Eason flips I fully expect us to pursue a graduate-transfer QB who can step in and start in '16.

But I haven't given up on Ramsey either. I still think there's upside there that the right coach could unlock. Lambert is a backup, though he did go 9-2 as a starter. Maybe with a full year to learn the offense he could be OK.

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/3f6ef8ed76392aea943838d461ced270.jpg

Herchel
12-04-2015, 10:56 AM
We should know next weekend. He is attending UGA's Gala with his parents.

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 11:49 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/5418a2869b68d6a9eecf906bfc08459e.jpg

Intersting post by Franks. Does he maybe know that he'll have competition at UF because Eason may be coming, too? :) i can hope thats what this means. Lol

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 11:53 AM
We should know next weekend. He is attending UGA's Gala with his parents.

Yea it won't linger too long. If he decides to switch to UF i can understand, our coach has proven he can win even without a quarterback, we have a lot of young weapons for him to play with and we are a program on the rise.

UGA's stability under Richt is gone and it remains to be seen what the next regime will be capable of. UGA went from a sure thing to a question mark.

If he chooses UGA then he must really be in love with that school because football wise right now the Gators are the better, safer bet. :)

ugabrad
12-04-2015, 12:04 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/5418a2869b68d6a9eecf906bfc08459e.jpg

Intersting post by Franks. Does he maybe know that he'll have competition at UF because Eason may be coming, too? :) i can hope thats what this means. Lol

It looks more like a reaction to all the Eason rumors.

Herchel
12-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Yea it won't linger too long. If he decides to switch to UF i can understand, our coach has proven he can win even without a quarterback, we have a lot of young weapons for him to play with and we are a program on the rise.

UGA's stability under Richt is gone and it remains to be seen what the next regime will be capable of. UGA went from a sure thing to a question mark.

If he chooses UGA then he must really be in love with that school because football wise right now the Gators are the better, safer bet. :)

UF is his back up plan. Note that his entire family is coming to Athens next week. :)

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 01:37 PM
UF is his back up plan. Note that his entire family is coming to Athens next week. :)

That's cool. We'll see how it goes. Either he will make the right decision and play for championships or he'll go the Georgia. :raz:

dnmuga93
12-04-2015, 01:45 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/3f6ef8ed76392aea943838d461ced270.jpg

Did you really expect him to wear Georgia gear in Gainesville?

Who was the recruit that wore Auburn gear to his official at UT (or was it vice versa)? I know he got sent home early.

GatorMan32
12-04-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure who Georgia fans are trying to convince. He will go where he goes. We will see soon for better or Georgia ��

Herchel
12-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure who Georgia fans are trying to convince. He will go where he goes. We will see soon for better or Georgia ��
I'm not trying to convince anyone, just trying to quell Vinny's exuberance. BTW, Vinny, UGA has 12 SEC titles. How many does UF have? Here comes Vinny's creative accounting, 3.2.1 :raz:

Bama_Man
12-04-2015, 04:58 PM
How many does UGA have since the SEC starting having a championship game? No hating, just wondering. Is it two? s

GatorMan32
12-04-2015, 05:07 PM
I feel like UGA fans should worry Kirby Smart doesn't happen because of McGarity. Miami named Richt and UGA is wasting a lot of time.

Herchel
12-04-2015, 05:08 PM
How many does UGA have since the SEC starting having a championship game? No hating, just wondering. Is it two? s
Bama Man is helping with Vinny's creative accounting. What is the cutoff? UGA has a winning record against LSU since WWII. Should I count that?

2008 National Champions
12-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Did you really expect him to wear Georgia gear in Gainesville?

Who was the recruit that wore Auburn gear to his official at UT (or was it vice versa)? I know he got sent home early.

I don't expect anything just posting a photo that is relevant to the thread. This photo was taken in an airport, btw. And I would love to know what's in that folder. :) exciting times.

Bama_Man
12-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Bama Man is helping with Vinny's creative accounting. What is the cutoff? UGA has a winning record against LSU since WWII. Should I count that?

Um no, I was asking a serious question. Thanks for the smart ass response.

And I would say the SECCG is a pretty important part of SEC history as it gave the conference a true champion played on the field. I guess I would be defensive too if I had only won it twice.s

GatorMan32
12-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Isn't the smartass response the go to on here?

Herchel
12-05-2015, 09:40 AM
There was nothing smartass about it.

GatorMan32
12-05-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't see how UGA fans aren't at all even a little concerned that they paid out of pocket to extend his stay, changing flights, etc so he could stay at UF longer.

GDawg88
12-05-2015, 02:07 PM
I don't see how UGA fans aren't at all even a little concerned that they paid out of pocket to extend his stay, changing flights, etc so he could stay at UF longer.
Where are you seeing that UGA fans aren't concerned?

2008 National Champions
12-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Where are you seeing that UGA fans aren't concerned?

Yea the consensus among UGA fans is that they seem concerned. And rightfully so the kid has been a lock for a long time now and it is, all of a sudden, up in the air.

But you guys still have the advantage, he's been committed a long time, is still officially committed and you have what appears to be the last shot.

I think there is a 60% chance he goes to UGA. BTW did Kirby Smart officially sign or what? That could be a big deal.

GatorMan32
12-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Where are you seeing that UGA fans aren't concerned?mainly going off the replies in this thread referring to UF as a back up plan, etc.

GatorMan32
12-05-2015, 03:33 PM
UGA does have an edge but he knows Mac and Nuss better than whoever comes in as OC at UGA. UF had not stopped recruiting him.

lbzdually
12-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Yea the consensus among UGA fans is that they seem concerned. And rightfully so the kid has been a lock for a long time now and it is, all of a sudden, up in the air.

But you guys still have the advantage, he's been committed a long time, is still officially committed and you have what appears to be the last shot.

I think there is a 60% chance he goes to UGA. BTW did Kirby Smart officially sign or what? That could be a big deal.

Word is that Smart will officially become UGA coach after the SECCG. Eason's qB coach seems to think Helton from WKU will be the OC for UGA and Eason would make a good fit for that offense.

ugabrad
12-05-2015, 03:37 PM
mainly going off the replies in this thread referring to UF as a back up plan, etc.

The kid has signed scholarship papers with UGA, was planning to enroll in January and so this last minute visit to Florida is just that - a backup plan if he decides that the new coaching staff is not going to employ him in the manner he thinks most beneficial to his possible pro future. Now saying that does not mean that I am unconcerned about his flipping - I am very concerned. McGarity has handled this whole affair so poorly that I have no faith right now that everything will come out okay. If Eason does flip to Florida and ends up winning a national title or the Heisman, then I will be among those tying McGarity to the rail upon which we will ride his worthless carcass out of town...

Herchel
12-05-2015, 03:53 PM
The kid has signed scholarship papers with UGA, was planning to enroll in January and so this last minute visit to Florida is just that - a backup plan if he decides that the new coaching staff is not going to employ him in the manner he thinks most beneficial to his possible pro future. Now saying that does not mean that I am unconcerned about his flipping - I am very concerned. McGarity has handled this whole affair so poorly that I have no faith right now that everything will come out okay. If Eason does flip to Florida and ends up winning a national title or the Heisman, then I will be among those tying McGarity to the rail upon which we will ride his worthless carcass out of town...

He signed financial aid papers. That obligates UGA to him, not him to UGA. I can only go by what Eason said. Paraphrasing, He is a Dawg unless they install a GT offense. Since he said this, given his behavior for the past 18 months, I have to believe him. His HS coach says he is a dawg. Any smartass in this post?

GatorMan32
12-05-2015, 03:59 PM
I am not saying UF is the favorite. I am saying everything about the last 18 months was Richt. Now a lot depends on comfort level with the new staff. It just depends on the new staff. It's not a foregone conclusion.

Herchel
12-05-2015, 04:03 PM
I am not saying UF is the favorite. I am saying everything about the last 18 months was Richt. Now a lot depends on comfort level with the new staff. It just depends on the new staff. It's not a foregone conclusion.
I didn't say that. IMO, it went from 100% to 95%.

ugabrad
12-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Reports are that Kirby Smart has already called Jacob and is flying out here to Seattle tomorrow after his press conference in Athens. I'm crossing my fingers...

Djshockley3
12-06-2015, 11:37 PM
He needs to find a OC fast.

2008 National Champions
12-07-2015, 11:47 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/e69cfa636d3ec5af6d282a346028beb3.jpg

FWIW. ;)

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Peter Ariz, a Miami insider, is saying he is a UF lean right now. Mac still gets his in home too.

Dawg in Dallas
12-07-2015, 12:14 PM
I thought yall were done at QB. :lol:

lbzdually
12-07-2015, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=2008 National Champions;1891409][IMG]http://images.tapatalk

It's hard to beat a recruiter who is willing to swap bodily fluids to seal the deal.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 12:45 PM
It's hard to think any major program isn't introducing top recruits to coeds indirectly.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 12:46 PM
I thought yall were done at QB. :lol:If you can get Franks and Eason you go for it. Grier may never play at UF again is what I've heard. Treon is done obviously. So do the math. Whose left? Del Rio is it lol

2008 National Champions
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
If you can get Franks and Eason you go for it. Grier may never play at UF again is what I've heard. Treon is done obviously. So do the math. Whose left? Del Rio is it lol

Why wouldn't Grier play again? Unless someone runs away with the job, he's still taking part in all team activities and practicing. The only thing he will have missed is game time. While obviously a big deal, he's still a redshirt sophomore in mid October next year. We don't need to be throwing Good QB's away at this point.

2008 National Champions
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
It's hard to think any major program isn't introducing top recruits to coeds indirectly.

I dont think Jacob needs the program to get him booty. He probably goes and hangs out with whatever players he meets and hits up parties.

Djshockley3
12-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Grier and Franks, why would he wanna go to UF? We have Lambert lol he could start from day 1

Herchel
12-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Grier and Franks, why would he wanna go to UF? We have Lambert lol he could start from day 1
Franks will decommit if Eason commits to UF. I think all this will go down in a day or two, one way or another.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Franks isn't decommitting. I am confident on that. Wakulla and particularly people in his circle I have quality contacts within. He is set and doesn't care.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Why wouldn't Grier play again? Unless someone runs away with the job, he's still taking part in all team activities and practicing. The only thing he will have missed is game time. While obviously a big deal, he's still a redshirt sophomore in mid October next year. We don't need to be throwing Good QB's away at this point.If what I heard recently is correct he has been away from the team most of the time since the presser and dor anything more hit me up on FB. But I don't expect him back after this season ends.

2008 National Champions
12-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Probably because he can win the job over the summer and never lose it. If he is as good as advertised he would beat out Franks and have a huge leg up on Grier by the time he can play.

Plus we have an offensive coach and great playmakers who just need a competent QB to get them the ball.

No idea what's going on at UGA or how their offense will look.

It makes sense for Eason to explore his options since UGA fired the guy that he really wanted to play for.

Herchel
12-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Probably because he can win the job over the summer and never lose it. If he is as good as advertised he would beat out Franks and have a huge leg up on Grier by the time he can play.

Plus we have an offensive coach and great playmakers who just need a competent QB to get them the ball.

No idea what's going on at UGA or how their offense will look.

It makes sense for Eason to explore his options since UGA fired the guy that he really wanted to play for.

Who are your great playmakers?

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Antonio Callaway is a legit number 1. Lewis and Goolsby both made really nice plays in SEC action at TE you know when Treon got the ball near them. Jordan Scarlett and Jordan Cronkrite are both really good young backs. Plus the WR class were going to get by NSD is top notch. Add in some guys like Worton who were clearly underutilized because Treon sucks and there are weapons. They showed up better when Grier was in.

ugabrad
12-07-2015, 06:40 PM
I just remember seeing them drop balls thrown straight into their hands in the SECCG (thus my comment to Eason in that game thread).

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 07:11 PM
One guy did. One. Where was your commentary after Worton's TD? Even that drop Goolsby had to stretch for it but by Treon standards that's as good as you're getting. Go back to the film with Grier in and tell me everyone else doesn't look better. Hmmmm.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 07:14 PM
http://collegespun.com/acc/miami-fl/5-star-jacob-easons-quarterback-coach-i-would-be-leaning-heavily-on-florida

Nice endorsement from his coach

“It definitely left a really good, positive impression on him,” Durant said. “He liked it a lot, it’s definitely giving him something to think about. He’s doing a lot of thinking and he talked about how well they treated him there and how the vibe he got there was unbelievable. He said everyone there was behind him and he enjoyed his time there big time.”

Durant says that if he was the player, he would probably go ahead with the flip to Florida.

“If I was in Jacob’s shoes, I would be leaning heavily on Florida,” Durant said. “They have such good history with quarterbacks, plus they have McElwain and Nussmeier on the same team. That’s awesome right there, plus the quarterback competition is wide open as we can all see. That’s what I see but whatever decision Jacob makes, I’ll stand behind him.”

Djshockley3
12-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Could care less what his coach has to say.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 08:57 PM
If you say so. I'm sure he cares.

Djshockley3
12-07-2015, 10:31 PM
I am sick of talking about Eason. If he wants to go and fight for the job at UF, then go. Let Kirby know, so he can recruit another QB. We need one real bad as everyone can see.

HunkerDown
12-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Didn't Kirby fly out to see him today?

Dawg in Dallas
12-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Didn't Kirby fly out to see him today?

Yes. I wonder what he told him with respect to an OC. Smart can be the best recruiter in the world, but for a QB, I would think knowing who the OC and/or QB coach is would be a big deal...

xAuBuRn
12-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Eason may be a good QB, but part of me wants him to be a bust the way UGA and Florida acts like he is going to win them a NC next year.

GatorMan32
12-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Nobody said that but you.

swampmonster
12-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Eason may be a good QB, but part of me wants him to be a bust the way UGA and Florida acts like he is going to win them a NC next year.

I still think UF loses to Alabama, with him, but lack of QB play was glaring and obvious the final 6 games for UF.

With the right QB, I do think UF had a decent shot at a NC this season. Did you see what happened to Ole Miss when we had a decent QB?

Herchel
12-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Eason said he is still committed to UGA. I don't think that provides any clarity.

GatorMan32
12-08-2015, 07:43 AM
Yeah. He said committed but deciding. Helpful, right? LOL. That's recruiting.

ugabrad
12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
I think that they don't do a good job of teaching the language in our high schools anymore.

GatorMan32
12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
No habla Englais

GatorMan32
12-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Kirby isn't naning an OC soon apparently. Told Eason as much. Eason gets an in home from Mac and Nuss tomorrow. Decides by Wednesday next week.

Djshockley3
12-09-2015, 05:03 AM
Smh congrats.

dnmuga93
12-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Smh congrats.

I wouldn't read too much into it. He and his family will be at the Gala on their OV this weekend, so we get the last visit.

Based on what I read on DawgNation this AM, I'd say he's 3-1 or 4-1 he comes to Athens.

GDawg88
12-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Eason's all Dawg, boys. That article on DawgNation was very reassuring.

Bama_Man
12-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Smart is staying on the Bama staff until they are eliminated or win the NC.

Herchel
12-09-2015, 02:18 PM

Maybe Florida took a dive to get Eason. :)

Dawg in Dallas
12-09-2015, 02:33 PM

Yes, so?

ECDawg78
12-09-2015, 02:36 PM

4 day old news....

ECDawg78
12-09-2015, 02:40 PM
What happened to Optik around here? Did he get run off too?

Dawg in Dallas
12-09-2015, 02:45 PM
What happened to Optik around here? Did he get run off too?

no. he has been hit or miss for basically a year. I imagine as recruiting picks up, he will be back. I think for the last couple of years, he has been posting at a more recruiting intensive site, but I could be wrong.

Bama_Man
12-09-2015, 04:22 PM
4 day old news....

Yes, so?

I was responding to lbz's posts, did not scrutinize the date he posted about Smart leaving after the SECCG.

Djshockley3
12-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I talked to Optik a few weeks ago. Said he had been busy, and that this season was so rough anyway.

GatorMan32
12-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Eason is on an OV to UDub right now. He will have his inhome visit on Friday with McElwain and Nuss. They will be at his school for a big ceremony for Eason as well.

Djshockley3
12-09-2015, 08:56 PM
And he will be in Athens this weekend.

Dawg in Dallas
12-09-2015, 09:00 PM
And he will be in Athens this weekend.

If he sticks with UGA, it will be because of the relationship he has with the other players coming in - especially Ben Cleveland. It will also be because Smart is a helluva a recruiter.

I will say as anxious as I am to have Smart name a OC, I am glad he is willing to lose Eason to ensure he gets the guy he feels best about to run the offense, as the OC is more important than any single player.

At this point it seems like a very difficult choice for Eason. I think he would prefer to stick with UGA, but not knowing who the OC is has to be a big stumbling block. Neither choice will surprise me that much.

GatorMan32
12-09-2015, 09:12 PM
And he will be in Athens this weekend.True but for a short weekend if you consider it logistically. If he is with Mac and Nuss Friday and flies out Saturday and loses 3 hours, it will be little more than a day by the time he flies back Sunday. So its very interesting right now. Three teams all waiting to see what happens if UDub is a factor now. I know for both UF and UGA QB is a huge need. I am not sure what UDub's situation is.

Dawg in Dallas
12-09-2015, 09:14 PM
I would be STUNNED if he chose Washington, but if it isn't UGA, I would be happily stunned if that is the case. :)

GatorMan32
12-09-2015, 09:16 PM
If he sticks with UGA, it will be because of the relationship he has with the other players coming in - especially Ben Cleveland. It will also be because Smart is a helluva a recruiter.

I will say as anxious as I am to have Smart name a OC, I am glad he is willing to lose Eason to ensure he gets the guy he feels best about to run the offense, as the OC is more important than any single player.

At this point it seems like a very difficult choice for Eason. I think he would prefer to stick with UGA, but not knowing who the OC is has to be a big stumbling block. Neither choice will surprise me that much.

Fair assessment on Kirby's situation. He can succeed long term without any one QB but not without a good OC. And from Eason's perspective he is trying to build a long, pro career so he needs to choose based on that. Will be interesting.

lbzdually
12-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Someone has started the rumor that UK's OC is coming to UGA and bringing Towles with him, lol.

GatorMan32
12-09-2015, 09:45 PM
LOL That was dismissed pretty quickly LOL It was actually a fake account someone started.

Djshockley3
12-10-2015, 05:04 AM
True but for a short weekend if you consider it logistically. If he is with Mac and Nuss Friday and flies out Saturday and loses 3 hours, it will be little more than a day by the time he flies back Sunday. So its very interesting right now. Three teams all waiting to see what happens if UDub is a factor now. I know for both UF and UGA QB is a huge need. I am not sure what UDub's situation is.

Our situation is much worse than UF's. Just being honest. You guys have a good QB that is already a commit. We have nobody.

GatorMan32
12-10-2015, 08:02 AM
The upside in either case will be immediate competition to win the job.

Bit off topic but Treon is changing positions. I love his commitment to being a Gator. Always sad he's a good kid just isn't a good QB. Hope they find him a spot where he has a chance at the NFL. He's an athletic young man with good speed. Slot or DB could be good.

Herchel
12-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Eason's coach said he was all UGA, and that was before Smart's in-home. He said UF was a backup if UGA hired a Mumme type OC. Smart told a recruit yesterday that we will still be pro style.
If I had to make a guess, it would take something really bad for Eason to flip. He has been recruiting for UGA for 18 months, and is very close to Cleveland, Nauta, and Willie Allen. Cleveland and Willie Allen will be with him this weekend.
However, since Da'Rick I don't count them until the ink is dry.

Herchel
12-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Another point in UGA's favor. Rhyne Rankin, playboy and raconteur is Eason's host. google Rhyne Rankin's girlfriend and you will see what I mean.

HunkerDown
12-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah. He said committed but deciding. Helpful, right? LOL. That's recruiting.

Yeah wtf does that mean? hahaha.

HunkerDown
12-10-2015, 05:35 PM
True but for a short weekend if you consider it logistically. If he is with Mac and Nuss Friday and flies out Saturday and loses 3 hours, it will be little more than a day by the time he flies back Sunday. So its very interesting right now. Three teams all waiting to see what happens if UDub is a factor now. I know for both UF and UGA QB is a huge need. I am not sure what UDub's situation is.

Washington is not a factor. No way.

HunkerDown
12-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Eason's coach said he was all UGA, and that was before Smart's in-home. He said UF was a backup if UGA hired a Mumme type OC. Smart told a recruit yesterday that we will still be pro style.
If I had to make a guess, it would take something really bad for Eason to flip. He has been recruiting for UGA for 18 months, and is very close to Cleveland, Nauta, and Willie Allen. Cleveland and Willie Allen will be with him this weekend.
However, since Da'Rick I don't count them until the ink is dry.

Ah good ol DARICK. haha.

HunkerDown
12-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Another point in UGA's favor. Rhyne Rankin, playboy and raconteur is Eason's host. google Rhyne Rankin's girlfriend and you will see what I mean.

Holy bazookas.

Herchel
12-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Holy bazookas.
Rhyne will definitely show him a good time. I hope it doesn't make the tabloids.

2008 National Champions
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty certain he will stick with UGA, even though that's a little risky for him if they don't have an OC lined up. I would not at all be surprised if he is in Orange and Blue next fall, but I'm not banking on it.

xAuBuRn
12-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty certain he will stick with UGA, even though that's a little risky for him if they don't have an OC lined up. I would not at all be surprised if he is in Orange and Blue next fall, but I'm not banking on it.

So you are pretty certain he is ending up at UGA, but would not be surprised if he went to Florida? What?

GatorMan32
12-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I don't think anyone knows right now but someone will get a fantastic talent.

2008 National Champions
12-10-2015, 09:09 PM
So you are pretty certain he is ending up at UGA, but would not be surprised if he went to Florida? What?

Maybe I didnt word it right. My gut is saying he will stick with UGA.

But I think he recognizes the great opportunities he would have at UF so if he plays for the Gators it wouldnt shock me. I'm just not expecting it.

2008 National Champions
12-10-2015, 09:11 PM
I imagine UGA fans would feel a lot more certain if they had a OC. I mean, Smart can say "i'm gonna hire a pro style OC" but if I'm a kid looking to make a long and lucrative career out of this, i would feel better knowing who it is and what hos track record is, etc.

GatorMan32
12-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Exactly, something UF has to offer with plenty of experience and success on this staff.

Herchel
12-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Damn:
Rhyne may set a record.

https://twitter.com/Bigrank38/status/673367732184817664

dnmuga93
12-11-2015, 12:54 PM
UF's in home must have been last night, because the Eason clan is on a plane headed east as I type this.

HunkerDown
12-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_ 2h2 hours ago
Confirmed 5-star QB Jacob Eason and family have arrived in #Georgia. HUGE visit for Kirby Smart and the #Dawgs

GatorMan32
12-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah the info about the UDub visit and the rest was apparently off. I realized that yesterday because Mac and Nuss spent the day with him. I was just so busy with work today I was never on here to say as much.

I think Eason goes to UGA. UGA will get a special one. We have a special one in Franks and in 2017 we have another elite QB in Allen committed. All is well.

lbzdually
12-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah the info about the UDub visit and the rest was apparently off. I realized that yesterday because Mac and Nuss spent the day with him. I was just so busy with work today I was never on here to say as much.

I think Eason goes to UGA. UGA will get a special one. We have a special one in Franks and in 2017 we have another elite QB in Allen committed. All is well.

UGA has Bailey Hockman coming for 2017 and he is a top 10 QB nationally and word is UGA looks good, with maybe only UT leading for 2018 #1 player overall Trevor Lawrence from Cartersville, Ga. Lawrence is supposed to be the best QB out of HS the past 5 years or so and has played against the top Georgia talent and dominated since he was a freshman. I could actually stomach losing Eason if it meant UGA got Lawrence instead.

GatorMan32
12-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Not sure I'd go that route especially because you never know what will change between now and then. I am actually OK with losing Eason because Allen is a star and I think he might be better than any of this group. I don't want to mess with him taking 3 now. Franks could be special and take that job and run with it. Plus Trask was unselfish and did not leave his HS but he has talent. So UF, especially if Grier comes back, will have its best QB situation in a long time. Even without Eason. Not to say I would not be thrilled if he chose UF, especially if Allen stayed solid to UF. I just think he sticks with UGA as of now.

Bama_Man
12-11-2015, 09:24 PM
The upside in either case will be immediate competition to win the job.

Bit off topic but Treon is changing positions. I love his commitment to being a Gator. Always sad he's a good kid just isn't a good QB. Hope they find him a spot where he has a chance at the NFL. He's an athletic young man with good speed. Slot or DB could be good.

Mentioned in another thread that Treon could be a big time threat as an H-back like Miller at tOSU

GatorMan32
12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Possibly. Also might move to DB.

Herchel
12-12-2015, 10:44 AM
UGA hired Jim Chaney as OC today.

xAuBuRn
12-12-2015, 10:45 AM
UGA hired Jim Chaney as OC today.

Good hire in your opinion?

Herchel
12-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Just hired Sam Pittman as O line coach. That is a home run. Pittman is the best O line coach alive.

xAuBuRn
12-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Just hired Sam Pittman as O line coach. That is a home run. Pittman is the best O line coach alive.

Yep. Arkansas fans going to be mad.

lbzdually
12-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Great news Herchel!! now to get Eason locked up, then EJ Price and Willie Allen. All of them are at least 6'6" and 320. I hope the Madden kid who has been redshirted is the monster his size suggests he is, 6'7" and 345. I also hope sage Hardin has put on weight and plays at 6'6" and 320 + next year.

GatorMan32
12-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Pittman is going to be needed to help with Cheney's run first offense.

HunkerDown
That's big news. According to twitter Eason had himself a hell of a time in Athens last night lol.

GatorMan32
Great news Herchel!! now to get Eason locked up, then EJ Price and Willie Allen. All of them are at least 6'6" and 320. I hope the Madden kid who has been redshirted is the monster his size suggests he is, 6'7" and 345. I also hope sage Hardin has put on weight and plays at 6'6" and 320 + next year.

Eason is going to UGA.

GatorMan32
12-12-2015, 11:17 AM
That's big news. According to twitter Eason had himself a hell of a time in Athens last night lol.I wonder if his dad will get pissy like he did with UF when he partied at UF LOL That isn't why Eason is going to UGA, but it was funny he was mad his son partied.

HunkerDown
12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Of course he's going to party. But if I were his dad I would probably react the same way. Worried something bad could happen.

ugabrad
12-12-2015, 12:23 PM
If he is mad about that, then dad didn't do a good job of vetting either Georgia or Florida. He should have pushed to boy into going to BYU...

GatorMan32
12-12-2015, 12:26 PM
If he is mad about that, then dad didn't do a good job of vetting either Georgia or Florida. He should have pushed to boy into going to BYU...Bwahahahahahahahhaha rep coming

HunkerDown
12-12-2015, 05:33 PM
If he is mad about that, then dad didn't do a good job of vetting either Georgia or Florida. He should have pushed to boy into going to BYU...

lmao.

HunkerDown
12-12-2015, 05:34 PM
The UF fanbase is pretty funny on twitter right now. A week ago it was like "Eason is the best thing ever, we are going to murder everyone."

Now it's like "Eason's not that great."

GatorMan32
12-12-2015, 05:50 PM
There are stupid fans everywhere. Kid is great. Would have been great if he came our way. Upside with Mac is he did not do what Chump would do and put it all on one guy. He got us a star in Franks and a kid in Trask who has a huge upside. He has the physical tools to be a guy they can develop.

GatorMan32
12-12-2015, 05:52 PM
By the way its not just UF fans. UGA fans had turned on him a few days ago. I saw UGA fans calling him, effectively, an attention ***** and he should commit to the G not the R, yada yada. Stupid fans everywhere.

lbzdually
12-12-2015, 06:03 PM
By the way its not just UF fans. UGA fans had turned on him a few days ago. I saw UGA fans calling him, effectively, an attention ***** and he should commit to the G not the R, yada yada. Stupid fans everywhere.

Yeah, a friend of mine who is on Facebook, said I'm tired of this kid's drama, either commit to the G or move on." I explained the kid has every right to explore his options and that it was not fault the media has been on his story like gnats on old fruit.

ECDawg78
12-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Eason is all Dawg.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWDo3pwWUAAy7mU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV-8QWaXAAEd2Q_.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWAU22NU4AAAxiH.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWC9aM2UkAACBuq.jpg

.......maybe Mecole too!

Herchel
12-13-2015, 06:28 AM
There is no shortage of stupid people. Eason is the anti-attention *****. He committed 18 months ago, visited no other school, even when Bobo left. He has been actively recruiting for UGA. He visited UF and UW only after Richt was fired.

GatorMan32
12-13-2015, 07:44 AM
I agree. Also agree he is going to UGA. Not sure why he's bent over in front of that one dude lol

HunkerDown
12-13-2015, 01:54 PM

True that. Stupid people everywhere.

GatorMan32
12-13-2015, 02:21 PM
The worst part is our fan bases take heat for the vocal minority because they are the ones who seek out the attention for being stupid.

Herchel
12-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Eason is going to UGA.

ugabrad
12-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Has he reconfirmed?

Herchel
12-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Has he reconfirmed?

Yes..

GatorMan32
12-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah it was pretty obvious. Congrats.

Djshockley3
12-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Thank god. Now we have to get him some help.

Dawg in Dallas
12-15-2015, 04:00 PM
The biggest help came from Smart hiring Pittman - perhaps he can stay upright. As for playmakers, hopefully Cheney will utilize the TE's better than Shotty - our two returning TE's are pretty good. As for WR...well we have Godwin and....................

Djshockley3
12-15-2015, 05:07 PM
We have to bring in some talent at WR. Eason said he is already trying to bring guys in.

HunkerDown
12-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Kirby Smart tried to get WR's on Twitter today

Coach Kirby Smart ‏@KirbySmartUGA

Thrilled to hear the news! Now, who wants to catch a @skinnyqb10 (Jacob Eason) post? Better have some jets! #Squad16 #CommitToTheG

GatorMan32
12-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Is this a fair thread to ask how the hell UF and UGA ever got to such a bad place at QB and WR? I mean with all the talent in the SE, how did this happen to two of the biggest programs? I think Mac and Smart will respectively fix it fast, but the question seems valid. I thought of it seeing you guys express the same pleas UF fans have right now.

lbzdually
12-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Is this a fair thread to ask how the hell UF and UGA ever got to such a bad place at QB and WR? I mean with all the talent in the SE, how did this happen to two of the biggest programs? I think Mac and Smart will respectively fix it fast, but the question seems valid. I thought of it seeing you guys express the same pleas UF fans have right now.

I think true spread offenses are more exciting for young players right now, especially for WR's because they know they will get lots of throws their way.

GatorMan32
12-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Makes sense, especially coming from the Chump system we're transitioning from. Its just amazing with two programs that have such a rich tradition for sending guys to the NFL to be in this situation.

HunkerDown
12-15-2015, 06:56 PM
It's absolutely fair. Besides AJ Green our WR's have been garbage for a long time. We've had a few good ones here or there but no one earth shattering. Dumbest thing ever was Calvin Johnson choosing Georgia Tech over us when he had Reggie Ball throwing to him his whole college career instead of David Green, DJ Shockley, and Matt Stafford.

GDawg88
12-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Is this a fair thread to ask how the hell UF and UGA ever got to such a bad place at QB and WR?
As far as QBs go, LeMay was a huge bust, and Ramsey couldn't pick up Richt's offense. Those are two 4-star recruits who we've gotten practically nothing out of to this point.

No idea why we've struggled so much to recruit and develop top-notch receivers lately.

lbzdually
12-15-2015, 07:57 PM
It's absolutely fair. Besides AJ Green our WR's have been garbage for a long time. We've had a few good ones here or there but no one earth shattering. Dumbest thing ever was Calvin Johnson choosing Georgia Tech over us when he had Reggie Ball throwing to him his whole college career instead of David Green, DJ Shockley, and Matt Stafford.

I hope Javon Wims is what they say he is. 6'4" and supposedly plays bigger and is a bully when the ball is in the air, just goes up and takes it. I hope UGA can get Hardman and Robertson and at least one plays offense. Hardman is supposedly this year's Terry Godwin.

Djshockley3
12-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Just imagine if Richt really tried to recruit Deshaun Watson.

Herchel
12-16-2015, 06:22 AM

I have no idea. Qbs are a crapshoot. Driskell, Lemay, and Ramsey were highly recruited by everyone. Bobo and Richt have a good record developing QBs, but it didn't work.

GatorMan32
12-16-2015, 08:18 AM
That's fair. You could throw Brantley in there too. He was on everybody's wish list and bombed horribly.

HunkerDown
12-16-2015, 08:27 AM
As far as QBs go, LeMay was a huge bust, and Ramsey couldn't pick up Richt's offense. Those are two 4-star recruits who we've gotten practically nothing out of to this point.

No idea why we've struggled so much to recruit and develop top-notch receivers lately.

Wasn't Ramsey one of the top 5 QB's in the nation coming out of high school?

How bad does he have to be to get beat by Lambert?

HunkerDown
12-16-2015, 08:27 AM
I hope Javon Wims is what they say he is. 6'4" and supposedly plays bigger and is a bully when the ball is in the air, just goes up and takes it. I hope UGA can get Hardman and Robertson and at least one plays offense. Hardman is supposedly this year's Terry Godwin.

Don't know who any of those guys are but we need some good, big fast guys. We always have these tiny little WR's.

Herchel
12-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Don't know who any of those guys are but we need some good, big fast guys. We always have these tiny little WR's.
Mecole Hardman will probably be a CB. Robertson = Malcolm Mitchell.

Herchel
12-16-2015, 08:40 AM
h
ope Javon Wims is what they say he is. 6'4" and supposedly plays bigger and is a bully when the ball is in the air, just goes up and takes it
Sounds like Jonathon Rumph. :rotf:

lbzdually
12-16-2015, 11:28 AM
h
Sounds like Jonathon Rumph. :rotf:

I hope not, but that is who some have compared him to.

2008 National Champions
12-16-2015, 05:10 PM
That's fair. You could throw Brantley in there too. He was on everybody's wish list and bombed horribly.

Brantley, like Eason, was a Gatorade Player of the Year. :)