Auburn vs UAB [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Auburn vs UAB

xAuBuRn
11-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Should be a fun game. I will be at the game...

Sweet 16 team who returns their top 6 or 7 scorers.

Going to be a tough game.

xAuBuRn
11-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Auburn will be without 4 of their top players:

Danjel Purifoy- NCAA has not cleared him yet... They have had 3 months you got to make a decision. Most talented player on the roster.
New Williams- out another couple weeks.
Tahj Shamsid-Deen- good chance at starting shoulder injury probably 2-3 weeks.
Bryce Brown- Played in two summer leagues. Coach asked him to play ONE game when he did not know he could not. ONE game suspension by NCAA.

kentubbybasketball
11-13-2015, 04:08 PM
The NCAA does have several sports so it does take a lot of time to clear some kids. I've been frustrated before with this.
.I know UAB made the NCAAT last year but they had a good conference t our eh week and that why. Auburn should roll. No answer for Canty.

xAuBuRn
11-13-2015, 04:25 PM
The NCAA does have several sports so it does take a lot of time to clear some kids. I've been frustrated before with this.
.I know UAB made the NCAAT last year but they had a good conference t our eh week and that why. Auburn should roll. No answer for Canty.

I doubt it. I hope you are right. We are a 2.5 point favorite at home for a reason.

Dawgilicious
11-13-2015, 05:24 PM
UAB has a real solid club. jerrod Hause has something good going at UAB....Just ask Iowa St how good they are. I think AU wins the game, but i wouldnt be shocked if it is close

kentubbybasketball
11-13-2015, 06:48 PM
I doubt it. I hope you are right. We are a 2.5 point favorite at home for a reason.
If Auburn loses this game they shouldnt be in the postseason, and I have them in so maybe I'm high on Auburn. UAB was terrible last year in a weak CUSA and benefited from the tourney being in their backyard. Auburn is better. Didn't UAB win last yr btw? Revenge game.

This is one of the beat games tonight. I also like the Baylor game.

AlienBeans
11-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Auburn will be without 4 of their top players:

Danjel Purifoy- NCAA has not cleared him yet... They have had 3 months you got to make a decision. Most talented player on the roster.
New Williams- out another couple weeks.
Tahj Shamsid-Deen- good chance at starting shoulder injury probably 2-3 weeks.
Bryce Brown- Played in two summer leagues. Coach asked him to play ONE game when he did not know he could not. ONE game suspension by NCAA.

That is NOT accurate information on Purifoy. The NCAA cleared him a long time ago, otherwise he wouldn't be taking classes and practicing. This has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is the testing center for the ACT holding this in limbo. They felt there was a significant enough difference in his scores from the two times he took the ACT to raise a flag and look into it. It definitely shouldn't be taking this long to come to a conclusion though.

xAuBuRn
11-16-2015, 11:27 PM
That is NOT accurate information on Purifoy. The NCAA cleared him a long time ago, otherwise he wouldn't be taking classes and practicing. This has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is the testing center for the ACT holding this in limbo. They felt there was a significant enough difference in his scores from the two times he took the ACT to raise a flag and look into it. It definitely shouldn't be taking this long to come to a conclusion though.

Yep my bad. I remember reading that. I thought we looked pretty good vs UAB. We made the plays when they needed to be made. I think we have 3 good rebounders this year (Harris, Bowers, Spencer). We had one last year. That will be big in SEC play. Crowd was electric. I have a feeling we may have a poor showing tomorrow. Colorado is another quality opponent and we will need to play better to get a win than we did vs UAB. I think we have the depth that we have not had in a long time. I still think we probably make the NIT and if we catch a few breaks will make the NCAAT. We will probably need a relatively deep run in the SEC tourney again.