2015-2016 season predictions..... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 season predictions.....

msudawg4life
11-06-2015, 04:36 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on the top 2 teams in the East and West this year? Who will be a suprise team in each division? Who will be the letdown team in each division?

GoDores
11-10-2015, 02:01 PM
For the record, the divisions have been scrapped. I personally think it will be a race between Vandy and Kentucky. I'm not buying LSU, unless Simmons is the next Lebron.

SCgamecock2988
11-10-2015, 02:26 PM
I think I finally have a decent distraction from football (aside from Premier League of course).

xAuBuRn
11-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I like Kentucky to win the SEC by at least two games. Vandy and LSU will fight for second.

kentubbybasketball
11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
I think Kentucky has the best coach and the best talent in the league (only Hall of Fame coach and the most acclaimed talent by recruiting sites), so I'd have to go with Kentucky to win the league. I'm intrigued to see what comes of our frontcourt. That's the weakest part of our team, but those guys have some obvious talent. Our goal of winning a national championship seems to be realistic, as nobody this year is going to be too far ahead of the pack IMO. We're in the pool of teams that can win it all, which would account for a 5th final four in 6 years.

I like TAMU to maybe finish right behind Kentucky. I'm not sure why Vandy and LSU are any more trendy to finish second than TAMU is. TAMU has the most balanced depth of anybody in the league and that includes Kentucky IMO.

Herchel
11-10-2015, 03:24 PM
I think UGA will go 11-7 in the SEC and finish 5thish.

Dawgilicious
11-10-2015, 03:37 PM
For the record, the divisions have been scrapped. I personally think it will be a race between Vandy and Kentucky. I'm not buying LSU, unless Simmons is the next Lebron.

LSU has more than just Simmons....All those shooters and Quarterman really came on last year. It will be a 3 team race for the top spot. Interesting to see the UK-Vandy game this year

Herchel
11-10-2015, 03:46 PM
LSU has more than just Simmons....All those shooters and Quarterman really came on last year. It will be a 3 team race for the top spot. Interesting to see the UK-Vandy game this year
I think Jones recruits better than he coaches.

Dawgilicious
11-10-2015, 04:18 PM
They have gotten better since he got there. Guys still have to make the right plays, no matter how "great" you can coach from the sideline. In a good amount of their losses, it was more bone-headed plays than anything the coach had done. You aren't winning titles unless you have some sort of elite talent at a high position. LSU has that this season. Now, it still depends on if all of those guys mesh together and can play together

GatorMan32
11-10-2015, 07:59 PM
UF will have ups and downs. If they can hit a decent number at the line I thibk UF has a legit shot to make the tournament.

GoDores
11-11-2015, 02:17 PM

My comment about not buying LSU has more to do with their coach than their players.

Dawgilicious
11-11-2015, 02:40 PM
I mean, i guess the sport never changes, but it seems nobody ever puts anything on the guys actually on the court....you know....the ones who touch the ball every time.......You can call the perfect play or perfect defense, but if one person doesnt do their job people will come out and say the coach is terrible,etc.

I bet they are better off with Jones than the previous coaching staff

GoDores
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
We'll see. This is a big year for him. This coming season will be the 2nd time in 3 years that Jones has a top 5 national recruiting class on the floor. Right now the best he's done is 11-7 in conference, and that's over the down SEC years.

kentubbybasketball
11-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Well people say Cal just rolls the balls out too. Give me talent any day of the week over great coaching. Great players can make you a great coach. I don't know of any great coach that didn't have great talent that he at least developed.

Johnny Jones won at North Texas for crying out loud. I agree he has had some off coaching games. Auburn last year comes to mind. But get real if you think he sucks.

Bama_Man
11-11-2015, 10:33 PM
In the East, its UK and Vandy. In the West, LSU should be very good, Auburn will be better, honestly I have no idea.

Dawgilicious
11-12-2015, 07:51 AM
In the East, its UK and Vandy. In the West, LSU should be very good, Auburn will be better, honestly I have no idea.

There are no divisions anymore

Bama_Man
11-12-2015, 02:44 PM
There are no divisions anymore

He asked about the two top teams in each division, whether the conference recognizes them or not.