Report: Labissiere ruled eligible by NCAA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Report: Labissiere ruled eligible by NCAA

XPS
10-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Mike Weaver, Mike Weaver
Skal Labissiere during the University of Kentucky mens basketball media day at the Joe Craft Center practice floor in Lexington, Ky., on Wednesday, October 14, 2015. Photo by Mike Weaver
Big Blue Nation can collectively exhale.

close ad
UK freshman forward and top projected 2016 NBA Draft pick Skal Labissiere was granted NCAA eligibility on Friday, per a Yahoo report.
The NCAA had been looking into Labissiere's relationship with his guardian, Gerald Hamilton. The big man came to the United States after an earthquake ravished his native Haiti in 2010. He played for Reach Your Dream Prep, a team affiliated with Hamilton's nonprofit, after being ruled ineligible at two Memphis-area high schools.
Labissiere has been practicing with the team.
Coach John Calipari grew agitated with questions regarding Labissiere's eligibility at last week's SEC basketball media day.
“Everything is good to go,” Calipari said before referring back to the school’s policy not to comment on a player’s eligibility until the first game. “There’s probably 50 players that have a review. Last year, we had five players have a review; a couple of them got cleared the week before the game.
“Every year we’ve been here, players go through the review. You won’t believe this: It’s always the best players who go through the review. I think my team will be fine and you guys will figure it out when we go out the first day and everybody’s got uniforms. You’ll know, ‘Ah, they must’ve been cleared.’ ”
UK will not comment on player eligibility until the season-opener, per a university spokesman

GR8NESS
10-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Damn Calicheati paying off the NCAA.

XPS
10-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Damn Calicheati paying off the NCAA.

I'm so glad they didn't punish the kid because of his greedy handler .