SEC Media Preseason Poll [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : SEC Media Preseason Poll

GoDores
10-21-2015, 10:01 AM
I just already know it's going to be a fun year around here. :towel:

Predicted Order of Finish
PLACE SCHOOL POINTS
1. Kentucky 406
2. Vanderbilt 357
3. Texas A&M 344
4. LSU 333
5. Georgia 266
6. Florida 258
7. South Carolina 204
8. Mississippi State 203
9. Ole Miss 184
10. Auburn 168
11. Arkansas 118
12. Tennessee 86
13. Alabama 85
14. Missouri 33

scgamecock312
10-21-2015, 11:15 AM
PJ Dozier time!

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 11:59 AM
No surprises.

Cal should be coach of the year. If you're picked first with the youngest team, you deserve it if it pans out like that.

VandyChuck
10-21-2015, 12:00 PM
If Vandy can rebound the ball and show some toughness, they'll certainly be deserving of that rank. I think they're the best outside shooting team in the conference (if not the nation). Damian in the middle with four 40 percent + 3 pt shooters around him should be fun.

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 12:50 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Florida does. Michael White has a great chance to do better than Billy D managed to do last year. I think Devin Robinson is going to show why he was a top 20 recruit this year, and putting him alongside DFS might give them the best forward tandem in the league.

The UK starting lineup will be interesting. Briscoe seemingly won't start, because he defers to Ulis too much. That'll give us a potent scorer off the bench. He seems like a mix between Chauncey Billups and Manu Ginobli to me, which is appealing to me.

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 01:19 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Florida does. Michael White has a great chance to do better than Billy D managed to do last year. I think Devin Robinson is going to show why he was a top 20 recruit this year, and putting him alongside DFS might give them the best forward tandem in the league.

The UK starting lineup will be interesting. Briscoe seemingly won't start, because he defers to Ulis too much. That'll give us a potent scorer off the bench. He seems like a mix between Chauncey Billups and Manu Ginobli to me, which is appealing to me.

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm interested in the media's reaction to Damian Jones saying he is going pro after this season. UK players say that before the season and they are considered selfish, thinking about themselves over the team. Interesting to see what comes of this. Personally, I think Jones is doing the right thing, I'm just tired of the media's hyprocisy... (i.e. one and done is okay now that Duke is doing it).

NCMISSSTFAN
10-21-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm interested in the media's reaction to Damian Jones saying he is going pro after this season. UK players say that before the season and they are considered selfish, thinking about themselves over the team. Interesting to see what comes of this. Personally, I think Jones is doing the right thing, I'm just tired of the media's hyprocisy... (i.e. one and done is okay now that Duke is doing it).

Malik Newman and Ben Howland have both basically said that Newman will be a one and done. I personally don't mind it, its kinda what college basketball has become and Cal has shown on more then one occasion that you can win with talented youth. But your right, some people look at it as a player being selfish but I don't see it that way. I would encourage any kid with the talent to go after one year.

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 05:04 PM
My point tho is where were people saying this when it was John Wall? Now it's fashionable yet Cal gets no credit for being ahead of the curve? That's unfair.

What changed to make it acceptable other than the fact that "golden boy" Coach K gas latched on. I guess the true credit is in flattery and imitation since that's what Howland, K, Self, etc are doing.

VandyChuck
10-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Everyone knew Jones was going after this year regardless. Would be silly not to. Glad to get the official decision out of the way before season starts.

Dawgilicious
10-21-2015, 08:10 PM
It is still dumb and still doesn't help the NBA game, but i don't see it changing anytime soon. Duke really only recruited one player that was considered one and done when the seasons started: Okafor. But, Jones and Winslow played so good down the stretch that their stock rose so much they were pretty much forced to go out. K doesn't like the one and done, but he recruits guys that fit his style as well as his team off the court and it has happened that a few have been one and done. Hell, he had a one and done well before Kyrie left school anyways

kentubbybasketball
10-21-2015, 09:17 PM
It is what it is. Cal doesn't like the rule ever. He's been very vocal about that. We're about kids proceeding on, and the fact that our guys have the highest percentage in the league and we're graduating our guys even after their one and done seasons, I don't see how it's dumb. However, that's not the point anyway. The point is Cal and UK get criticized deeply for recruiting these guys and getting them ready for the NBA quickly (Devin Booker wasn't supposed to be one and done). But, since when is preparing somebody for the NBA quickly ever a dumb idea if that's what the kid wants for himself. It's dumb to suggest otherwise. Coach K would be the first... err second coach to admit that based off what he's doing.

IF it's socially acceptable now, it should have been when John Wall and those guys were doing it six years ago.