Michigan/Mich st [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/Mich st

lbzdually
10-17-2015, 06:52 PM
These refs are truly horrific. If at least one isn't fired after this game, something's wrong. Michigan player got thrown out for targeting after a MSU lineman blocked him into the QB.

WouldE
10-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Hahahhahahhahhahhahahaha

WouldE
10-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Little brother!!!!

Bama_Man
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
That was an incredible ending.

lbzdually
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
OMG what a play to end it.

TexasFight
10-17-2015, 07:29 PM
I probably shouldn't laugh at Meatchicken after the special teams blunders that cost us against Cal and Okie Lite, but I can't help myself. lololololololololol

Bama_Man
10-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I probably shouldn't laugh at Meatchicken after the way we lost against Cal and Okie Lite, but I can't help myself. lololololololololol

Yeah those Texas losses were cringe worthy, but that loss has to take the cake.

TexasFight
10-17-2015, 07:38 PM
So, it has to be asked:

Appalachian State or Michigan State? The Appalachian State loss will live in infamy forever, but this one has to be worse for Michigan fans, right?

Bama_Man
10-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Yes, I hope so. I dunno tho, the Michigan fans really thought they had a good team in 2007 (IIRC?) and then to lose to ASU was pretty bad

But all we've heard is how Michigan is back, how they are gonna be the best team in college ball, how Harbaugh is Jesus, etc... and to lose to Sparty at home is killer. And in that fashion, wow. No offense to Storm, but the more arrogant Michigan fans have to be drowning in tears right now.

WouldE
10-17-2015, 07:58 PM
I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks Michigan.

The media talking up Michigan and their 3 shutouts every chance they get, talking up Harbaugh for his every action, just getting done showing jerkoff Desmond Howard with his big stupid smile and giving thumbs up, then talking about genius Harbaugh and his 4 hour practices to close games out this year, THEN......

xAuBuRn
10-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Yes, I hope so. I dunno tho, the Michigan fans really thought they had a good team in 2007 (IIRC?) and then to lose to ASU was pretty bad

But all we've heard is how Michigan is back, how they are gonna be the best team in college ball, how Harbaugh is Jesus, etc... and to lose to Sparty at home is killer. And in that fashion, wow. No offense to Storm, but the more arrogant Michigan fans have to be drowning in tears right now.

Most Michigan fans I have talked to said that 8 wins they would be happy before the season started ( have two grads at my office). After the last couple games they said the sky is the limit. This is a game they should of won.

Bama_Man
10-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Most Michigan fans I have talked to said that 8 wins they would be happy before the season started ( have two grads at my office). After the last couple games they said the sky is the limit. This is a game they should of won.

Havent you got tired about hearing how Michigan had three straight shut outs and how they were gonna beat tOSU and be a playoff team?

xAuBuRn
10-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Havent you got tired about hearing how Michigan had three straight shut outs and how they were gonna beat tOSU and be a playoff team?

I never heard that. I heard they were a team on the rise with a great coach which they are.

Bama_Man
10-17-2015, 08:43 PM
You must be lucky, I heard that over and over again that UM was going to run the table, beat tOSU, win the B10, and make the playoff and that Harbaugh was already the best CFB coach.

WouldE
10-18-2015, 06:36 AM
One great thing about this play: it was so incredible that it will be played over and over and over for decades. It will be like the Stanford band play and the Flutie hail Mary play.

Our grandchildren will know about this play.

Storm
10-18-2015, 05:10 PM
^^^ The play is laughable, but not nearly as bad as watching App St block that field goal. It took a fluke play to lose the #7 team in the nation. Not that big of a deal really, other than simply losing the game.

Considering 3 shut outs hadn't been done by any team in over a decade, there was a reason everyone was talking about it.

UM needed 10 yards to win and they couldn't do it. It was a ****ty way to end the game, but if winning on a fluke play makes that POS Dantonio feel like he can skip the post game hand shake and talk sh1t to the fans on his way out of the stadium, then so be it.

Feel bad for the punter, but UM is definitely trending in the right direction. The team is light years ahead of where I thought they would be after 7 games. With 2 losses coming to top 10 teams, I don't know how anyone can be disappointed by the season at this point.

WouldE
10-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Storm, hope this wasn't you.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.edwards.3304/videos/10206677670154213/?pnref=story

Bama_Man
10-18-2015, 05:26 PM
But does the shut out streak really mean anything when you are shutting out BYU (without Taysom Hill), Maryland (who fired their coach) and Northwestern (who just got steamrolled by Iowa)?

Its impressive, and UM is trending in the right direction, but some of the asinine UM fans talking about how they were winning the B10 and making the playoff was pretty over the top.

Plus its not been THAT long, 20 years, when Kansas State shut out three straight opponents. Impressive nonetheless, but not like an all-time record.

GDawg88
10-18-2015, 07:22 PM

Let's be honest, though: Michigan really won that game for all intents and purposes. It goes in the record book as a loss, and it will forever stick in the craw of UM fans, but it doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is working miracles. I'd be pissed off if I were a Michigan fan but as optimistic as ever about the future of the program.

Bama_Man
10-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Let's be honest, though: Michigan really won that game for all intents and purposes. It goes in the record book as a loss, and it will forever stick in the craw of UM fans, but it doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is working miracles. I'd be pissed off if I were a Michigan fan but as optimistic as ever about the future of the program.

How? They did not win the game, they managed to lose it in the most embarrassing way ever. I don't disagree that Harbaugh is turning UM around fast, but MSU beat them fair and square. They took advantage of a huge UM mistake and won it in the end.

I'm not saying JH is not doing a great job in Michigan, but they are not an elite team and they will not win the B10 this year or compete for a title. FWIW, late in that game, I thought D'Antonio out coached him in the final quarter. All he had to do was leave his QB in the game and have him run backwards and fall, there was no need to even bring the punter on the field. And I think working miracles is quite a leap, Hoke had brought in a lot of very, very good players (like Peppers) and there was top shelf talent on that team but Hoke could not coach for ****.

Storm
10-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Moral victories are like kissing your sister.

Yeah, something that hasn't happened in like 20 years definitely isn't worth talking about. :facepalm:

lz2112
10-18-2015, 08:15 PM
This is just hilarious.

https://youtu.be/00GFTWwlSIg

Bama_Man
10-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Moral victories are like kissing your sister.

Yeah, something that hasn't happened in like 20 years definitely isn't worth talking about. :facepalm:

Not when its against bad teams it isn't. Itd be different if UM had shut out high powered offenses, but beating those three teams are nothing to write him out

Storm
10-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Two of those teams were in the top 25. Just saying.

Just go back and look at your own schedule. It's very difficult to have a clean sheet in college football these days. Even crappy teams can get lucky and find the endzone. Teams like:

Middle Tennessee
Southern Miss
Western Carolina
Colorado State
Georgia State
FAU
Kent State
Georgia Southern

All teams I assume most would agree are bad teams without "high powered offenses." Yet over the past 5 seasons, they all put up points on Bama.

Not sure why you're so hell bent on saying it's not a big deal. It obviously was because it doesn't happen very often. But I'm sure you'll be much happier with the Michigan coverage this weekend. You'll get to see a ton of highlights of a fluke play that cost us a win. Hope you enjoy it.

Bama_Man
10-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Two of those teams were in the top 25. Just saying.

Just go back and look at your own schedule. It's very difficult to have a clean sheet in college football these days. Even crappy teams can get lucky and find the endzone. Teams like:

Middle Tennessee
Southern Miss
Western Carolina
Colorado State
Georgia State
FAU
Kent State
Georgia Southern

All teams I assume most would agree are bad teams without "high powered offenses." Yet over the past 5 seasons, they all put up points on Bama.

Not sure why you're so hell bent on saying it's not a big deal. It obviously was because it doesn't happen very often. But I'm sure you'll be much happier with the Michigan coverage this weekend. You'll get to see a ton of highlights of a fluke play that cost us a win. Hope you enjoy it.

Because Bama pulls their starters in the third quarter and does not worry about records like that.

I'll take being in the top 5 in total defense for like 6 years straight over three straight shut outs of teams like Northwestern (who Iowa just shut out), Maryland and BYU.

Storm
10-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Michigan is a top 5 defense, and I suspect will continue to be now that we have a real coach. Not all of us have been blessed with NFLU like you guys have there :lol:

dnmuga93
10-20-2015, 03:02 PM
How? They did not win the game, they managed to lose it in the most embarrassing way ever. I don't disagree that Harbaugh is turning UM around fast, but MSU beat them fair and square. They took advantage of a huge UM mistake and won it in the end.

I'm not saying JH is not doing a great job in Michigan, but they are not an elite team and they will not win the B10 this year or compete for a title. FWIW, late in that game, I thought D'Antonio out coached him in the final quarter. All he had to do was leave his QB in the game and have him run backwards and fall, there was no need to even bring the punter on the field. And I think working miracles is quite a leap, Hoke had brought in a lot of very, very good players (like Peppers) and there was top shelf talent on that team but Hoke could not coach for ****.

Your scenario could have cost Michigan the game. Remember, they were up 2; a FG beats them. The ball was at midfield. If the Michigan QB runs around and falls down, he likely leaves time on the clock with MSU inside FG range. He can't run back and take the safety either; that ties the game.

Bama_Man
10-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Your scenario could have cost Michigan the game. Remember, they were up 2; a FG beats them. The ball was at midfield. If the Michigan QB runs around and falls down, he likely leaves time on the clock with MSU inside FG range. He can't run back and take the safety either; that ties the game.

I thought it was 24-21? If not, then you are right. How much time is on the clock? If its under ten seconds, I would have my RB take the snap and just take off running, its easy to waste ten seconds.

Dawg in Dallas
10-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I thought it was 24-21? If not, then you are right. How much time is on the clock? If its under ten seconds, I would have my RB take the snap and just take off running, its easy to waste ten seconds.

And then get outside the tackle box and throw the ball out of bounds.

Storm
10-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Sparty's FG kicker is terrible. That's why they went for it earlier in the game when in FG range. Even extra points are an adventure.

After watching the replay a couple times, a lot of responsibility should fall on the coaches. Sparty had a full punt block on, yet Michigan was NOT in max protect. Even if Blake caught it cleanly there was a good chance it was getting blocked. Someone should have audibled into max protect.

Bama_Man
10-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Didnt UM have a timeout left? Why not call it and get the right protection on the field?

Storm
10-20-2015, 11:21 PM
No. They took their last TO with ten seconds left.