Kansas might be the worst team in the history of the Big 12 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kansas might be the worst team in the history of the Big 12

Subrookie
10-10-2015, 01:38 PM
0-5 and getting trucked by Baylor 52-7 in the first half. I don't see them winning a game this year. Not going to lie. I love it.

Dawgilicious
10-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, to be fair (and I know it is hard for you since you hate them..lol) they have FCS numbers on this team. Weis basically killed them with all the JUCO guys and the scholarship numbers on this team are so low. They have 64 scholarship players, that is less than PSU had when they were sanctioned.

Based on roster projections, it will likely take Kansas another two recruiting classes to rebuild its scholarship numbers back toward the max of 85 — and some close to the situation say it may take three. It’s a dire situation — especially for a program that has employed four head coaches in six years. But Barnett, who faced a similar rebuilding job at Northwestern, said the numbers issue may not be as bad as it appears on the surface. Most programs, Barnett suspects, only operate with around 78 or so scholarship players.

Subrookie
10-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Sure put me against Barnett, who is a Mizzou guy... I don't disagree they may turn things around long term and that the cupboard is bare, but I haven't seen a team this bad since maybe an early '90's Iowa State team before we took on the Texas teams as the Big 8.

Naval Aviator
10-11-2015, 11:21 AM
I saw the halftime score and almost laughed out loud! I knew you and all the Mizzou folks were getting a kick outta that.

You guys have had this going on since Quantrill road the plains and burned Lawrence to the ground.

MKfromPA
10-11-2015, 12:14 PM
I agree KU is one of the worst FBS teams in 2015.

This game was 7-7 about 5 minutes in. Then early in the second quarter Baylor was up 31-7. I feel bad for KU. 7-8 years ago they were competitive, ranked, and playing for the B12 championship. It's amazing how this program has taken a nosedive. Almost unreal, considering they are a Power 5 school. Wow.

Subrookie
10-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I think they probably regret firing Mangino now. I don't feel bad for them since they are KU and it's not in my DNA to feel bad for them. But, it is amazing how far that program has fallen in such a relatively short period of time.

Subrookie
10-17-2015, 05:33 PM
They were a 30+ underdog today against Tech and only lost by 10. That I guess is a win. I can't remember the last time Mizzou had a stadium that empty though. I bet they only had 10k people at the game today in Lawrence.

LSUTigers1404
10-18-2015, 03:17 AM
It still amazes me that Kansas spent time ranked #2 and played in the Orange Bowl in 2007. How did that even happen?

MKfromPA
10-21-2015, 07:54 PM
It still amazes me that Kansas spent time ranked #2 and played in the Orange Bowl in 2007. How did that even happen?

Todd Reesing was their QB. Gosh, it does seem like ages ago.

KU went all downhill after the allegations under Mangino came out. The program has not been the same since.

Subrookie
10-22-2015, 11:14 AM

Mizzou fans are still mad they went to the Orange Bowl in 2007 over us. We beat them when they were ranked #2, won the Big 12 North and played Oklahoma in the B12CG. Then they got picked over us to go to a BCS bowl and we ended up in the Cotton. For me and a lot of other Mizzou fans that started the conversation about leaving the conference. It's also why we're surly when we get picked for a lesser bowl over a team with a worse record during bowl season.

GR8NESS
10-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Didn't they WIN the OB too?

Kentucky was ranked 7th.
USF was ranked 2nd.
Cal was ranked 2nd.

What a season.

MKfromPA
10-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Didn't they WIN the OB too?

Kentucky was ranked 7th.
USF was ranked 2nd.
Cal was ranked 2nd.

What a season.

IIRC, KU beat Virginia Tech, so you are correct.

Subrookie
10-24-2015, 11:40 AM
They're a 32+ point underdog today. This is mid-80's Kansas State bad.

Subrookie
10-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Lost by 48 to Oklahoma State today. Since Missouri lost today I take pleasure in the Jayhawks suffering.

MKfromPA
10-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Lost by 48 to Oklahoma State today. Since Missouri lost today I take pleasure in the Jayhawks suffering.

KU will be extremely lucky to win a game this year. Their remaining schedule is vs. OU, at Texas, at TCU, vs. WVU, and vs. Kansas State. Yikes.

SCgamecock2988
10-25-2015, 09:23 AM
I wish we could play Kansas.

Subrookie
10-25-2015, 01:12 PM
KU will be extremely lucky to win a game this year. Their remaining schedule is vs. OU, at Texas, at TCU, vs. WVU, and vs. Kansas State. Yikes.

Many of the Big 12 previews I read before the season picked KU to go winless this year. They shouldn't even charge at the gate for people to watch the team.

Dawgilicious
10-26-2015, 10:35 AM
I mean it is hard to keep harboring on this, but they dont even have an FBS roster right now. They have less scholarship players than most FCS teams right now. The Juco overhaul has hammered that program. It will take time for him to turn it around

Subrookie
10-26-2015, 02:12 PM
I see the reasons they're bad and that things can only get better from here but it's not like KU has been a good football program recently anyway. I'm not advocating any coaching change just enjoying this dumpster fire of a season they're having.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Cute Baby Tiger, shut the heck up about Kansaw. Nobody in the glorious S-E-C cares about that pitiful program that you consider a rival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qZfZjUzSE

Heck, I doubt a hundred people in Kansaw even care about them.

Subrookie
10-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Things boring enough in Fayetteville that you have to complain in the non-SEC football forum? If it makes you feel better we have a bigger rivalry with Georgia now than Arkansas IMO.

MKfromPA
10-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Things boring enough in Fayetteville that you have to complain in the non-SEC football forum? If it makes you feel better we have a bigger rivalry with Georgia now than Arkansas IMO.

I think we'll have a competitive game this year. Our defense isn't looking too hot. Confidence boosting opportunity this weekend against UT-Martin.

SCgamecock2988
10-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Arkansas is going to smoke Mizzou...

I think both Mizzou and SC finish 4-8 (1-7). Mizzou has the fortune of beating us head to head and therefore won't finish in 7th place.

Subrookie
10-31-2015, 05:42 PM
KU getting smoked by OU now 38-7 at the half.

I mean it is hard to keep harboring on this, but they dont even have an FBS roster right now. They have less scholarship players than most FCS teams right now. The Juco overhaul has hammered that program. It will take time for him to turn it around

After giving it some thought, I think you give them more credit than they deserve. Beaty didn't inherit a team that was as bad as Snyder did in 89. That K State program was in a terrible place when Snyder came on and won 1 game in his first year, 5 his second and had a winning record in his third year. That coming from a program that was known as one of if not the worst in D1 football. Not one that played in the Orange Bowl as recently as '07. KU shouldn't be bad enough to lose to S Dakota State.

Arkansas is going to smoke Mizzou...

I think both Mizzou and SC finish 4-8 (1-7). Mizzou has the fortune of beating us head to head and therefore won't finish in 7th place.

Let's keep it on topic.