How about UW beating up on Sark last night! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : How about UW beating up on Sark last night!

Dawgilicious
10-09-2015, 10:40 AM
2 Losses for USC now and they play Utah next. At least we don't have to hear about USC in the playoff this season........Kudos to lose UW kids for going on the road and getting a win. Good chunk of those kids were recruited by Sark

dnmuga93
10-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Utah looks very impressive.

Let's see how they do against Cal with a bullseye on them.

Dawgilicious
10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Yeah that Utah-Cal game should be very good

Bama_Man
10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
I was impressed by how physical UW was, Chris Peterson has them on the right track, I think he is a better coach tactically than Sark.

Utah looks like the team to beat in the PAC-12, Wilson is hell on opposing defenses and Utah always has a nasty defense and one of the best homefields in football.

MKfromPA
10-10-2015, 09:17 AM
USC is overrated as usual. Nothing new there. Great win for UW and Coach Peterson on the road in conference. I do not believe this game will lead UW into anything spectacular, but it was a solid performance.

I'm not sold on Utah just yet. Tonight against California will tell me more. Oregon is not their typical selves this year. Michigan is a better team than when the Utes played them week one. However, it's a big game for them. Next week too at home against ASU.

Herchel
10-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Seven Win Sark.

Subrookie
10-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I was impressed by how physical UW was, Chris Peterson has them on the right track, I think he is a better coach tactically than Sark.

Peterson is a great coach. There was a lot of buzz around town after Thursday's win. I agree with you, he will probably do much better at UW than Sark ever could. Don James did such a great job of building that program the folks around here are starved to have a relevant team around again.

Subrookie
10-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Probably deserves it own thread but Sark is now on an indefinite leave from the program. All sorts of stories are coming out about him being an alcoholic, drunk at games, smelling like booze on the charter plane, and huge expenses at bars he charged UW for when he was here.

Herchel
10-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Haden got word that he wasn't at practice. That's when he went on indefinite leave.

Bama_Man
10-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Haden got word that he wasn't at practice. That's when he went on indefinite leave.

I read that he showed up to practice in no shape whatsoever to coach (too drunk) and Haden came down and told him to leave and promoted the QB coach to interim HC.

With all the new stories coming about him being drunk on the team plane and possibly on the sideline against ASU, his ass should be gone for good immediately.

Subrookie
10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
I'd also heard he showed up drunk or at least had been drinking prior to practice. The AD told him to leave. Even with professional help this is the kind of thing that could be a career ender. I guess his drinking problem has been somewhat of an open secret for years. I could see USCs AD getting a lot of blame for not fully vetting him now.

Bama_Man
10-12-2015, 03:58 PM
I'd also heard he showed up drunk or at least had been drinking prior to practice. The AD told him to leave. Even with professional help this is the kind of thing that could be a career ender. I guess his drinking problem has been somewhat of an open secret for years. I could see USCs AD getting a lot of blame for not fully vetting him now.

Agreed, Haden will (and should) receive some blame here for not going into enough detail before hiring him to coach at one of the biggest programs in the country. If his drinking was this big of an issue, there surely had to be signs of this before he left UW and came to Southern Cal.

The UW folks have to be delighted right now, not because Sark has a drinking problem, but because he ran off and left the program he was building to go join USC, and now UW is in much better shape with Peterson at the helm and Sark is now going to be unemployed.

Dawgilicious
10-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Agreed, Haden will (and should) receive some blame here for not going into enough detail before hiring him to coach at one of the biggest programs in the country. If his drinking was this big of an issue, there surely had to be signs of this before he left UW and came to Southern Cal.

The UW folks have to be delighted right now, not because Sark has a drinking problem, but because he ran off and left the program he was building to go join USC, and now UW is in much better shape with Peterson at the helm and Sark is now going to be unemployed.

UW was not crying when Sark left, believe me. They dont call him "8 and Sark" for nothing. He needs help and this is above anything related to football

Herchel
10-12-2015, 04:42 PM
He gone.

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2015/10/sarkisian-terminated-as-usc-football-coach.html

Dawgilicious
10-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Yep, knew that was coming.....

Subrookie
10-12-2015, 05:10 PM
It's too bad his personal life is such a disaster right now. I always liked Sark going back to when he was QB at BYU and they beat K State in a bowl game. I'll never forget the on field back and forth he had with Chris Canty, but that doesn't excuse how he's acted publicly since he was with the Huskies.

I'm surprised that someone with such an obvious problem to the people around him could get away with how he was acting for so long. Some ex Husky players are being pretty open discussing his alcoholism.

Subrookie
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM
UW was not crying when Sark left, believe me. They dont call him "8 and Sark" for nothing.

Here I disagree. There were a lot of Husky fans that supported Sark up until he left. He was much more highly regarded even after he left for the US job than Willingham would ever be. It's not like Husky fans could complain about how Sark was doing seeing how Willingham was fired after going 0-12 his last year.

Dawgilicious
10-13-2015, 02:25 PM
I guess we have different Husky fans. Many of them I know were tired of the 8-4 seasons when he had all these NFL players. Granted he didn't go 0-12 like Ty, but Ty wasn't pushing out all these NFL guys either

Subrookie
10-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Interesting the stuff coming out here now that his problem is out in the open. Some ex-Husky players are now saying he was intoxicated in the locker room and bragging about sleeping with Erin Andrews. Pretty low class and I'm surprised that kind of information was kept on the down low.