Pure class from Cutcliffe to Pitt RB James Connor [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Pure class from Cutcliffe to Pitt RB James Connor

Dawgilicious
09-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Connor tore his ACL and Duke HC David Cutcliffe took the time to send him a letter wishing him well.

https://twitter.com/JamesConner_/status/643783765043642368/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We need more of these sportsmanship qualities in college football

Storm
09-16-2015, 08:31 AM
I think this happens more than we think.

Back during the Rich Rod era, there was player for Michigan, Elliot Mealer, who's brother was in a serious car crash. He was going to play for UM but the crash left him paralyzed and they said he would never walk again. Rich Rod and his strength coach Mike Barwis honored his scholly and worked PT with him until he was able to walk out on his own power an touch the banner at a game.

Jim Tressel wrote a personal letter to Elliot, who was starting at the time of UM, to congratulate him and his family for his brothers accomplishment. Pretty cool.

Dawgilicious
09-16-2015, 09:45 AM
I think this happens more than we think.

Back during the Rich Rod era, there was player for Michigan, Elliot Mealer, who's brother was in a serious car crash. He was going to play for UM but the crash left him paralyzed and they said he would never walk again. Rich Rod and his strength coach Mike Barwis honored his scholly and worked PT with him until he was able to walk out on his own power an touch the banner at a game.

Jim Tressel wrote a personal letter to Elliot, who was starting at the time of UM, to congratulate him and his family for his brothers accomplishment. Pretty cool.

Oh I am sure it does. I just think with all of the negative things out there now (Domestic assault,arrests,etc) it is good to see these things and bring them to light

Just Some Hog Dude
09-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Connor tore his ACL and Duke HC David Cutcliffe took the time to send him a letter wishing him well.

https://twitter.com/JamesConner_/status/643783765043642368/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We need more of these sportsmanship qualities in college football

He should have sent him some money instead. I am sure he is a multimillionaire.

Dawgilicious
09-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Why would he send him money. That would just be dumb

Just Some Hog Dude
09-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Why would he send him money. That would just be dumb

Words are cheap. If he really cared he would send him some money. Looks like he is just trying to get some good publicity for himself and fool dopes like you.

Dawgilicious
09-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Yeahhhhhh...exactly what he is doing.....I guess idiots like you will believe that. It would be dumb and stupid for a head coach of an ACC opponent to send him money, plus its an NCAA violation.

Sad when a man takes time out to send well wishes to a guy who ended his season via injury. If words are so cheap then why didn't you send him a letter? I guess that makes you extremely cheap then

MKfromPA
09-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh I am sure it does. I just think with all of the negative things out there now (Domestic assault,arrests,etc) it is good to see these things and bring them to light

Yes, and that is why stories like this are reported few and far between.

Classy move by Cutliffe.

Bama_Man
09-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Coach Cut seems to be a great person truly, I hope he has success in whatever he does. He has brought Duke back up to the Spurrier-level in terms of their on the field product.

MKfromPA
09-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Coach Cut seems to be a great person truly, I hope he has success in whatever he does. He has brought Duke back up to the Spurrier-level in terms of their on the field product.

He certainly has brought Duke up. Isn't it incredible how bad the program was before he arrived? They were the laughing stock of the ACC for years!!