Ohio St v VA Tech [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ohio St v VA Tech

Subrookie
09-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Halftime now. I thought the buckeyes were going to run away with this one when they went up 14-0, but the Hokies have done a great job getting back in this one to lead 17-14. I'd love to see them pull off the upset tonight.

Dawg in Dallas
09-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Go VT.

Subrookie
09-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Ohio St's qb looks really slow.

TexasFight
09-07-2015, 10:35 PM
That was an incredible run by Braxton Miller.

Storm
09-07-2015, 10:46 PM
congrats on fuking it all up, subrookie. Don't you know anything about thread curses?

Subrookie
09-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Yep all my fault :) That run by Miller was something amazing though.

ugabrad
09-07-2015, 11:56 PM
I got home from work in time for the VT onside kick at 1"40 something left. I hear that they lost their QB to injury..

Djshockley3
09-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Braxton is a monster.

Storm
09-08-2015, 12:42 AM
I got home from work in time for the VT onside kick at 1"40 something left. I hear that they lost their QB to injury..

VaTech was leading at halftime, then the QB went down and they didn't score in the second half until a late garbage time TD. Would have liked to see how a healthy team played them all the way.

osu has nothing but scrimmages now until they play sparty. Their schedule is a joke.

ugabrad
09-08-2015, 01:12 AM
I just saw highlights on sports center. It looks to me like osu was targeting the VT qb. He was hit hard on the throw that setup the TD for the lead and then pile driven on the play in the third quarter where his collarbone was broken.

Naval Aviator
09-08-2015, 02:45 AM
OSU has nothing but scrimmages now until they play sparty. Their schedule is a joke.

OMG! You are right! What a joke!

Djshockley3
09-08-2015, 03:23 AM
VaTech was leading at halftime, then the QB went down and they didn't score in the second half until a late garbage time TD. Would have liked to see how a healthy team played them all the way.

osu has nothing but scrimmages now until they play sparty. Their schedule is a joke.

Big 10 is a joke, that's why.

Dawgilicious
09-08-2015, 07:58 AM
The game def changed when Brewer got injured. Man he was railed on that play too.

People seem to always discredit Minnesota....Just ask TCU how tough Jerry Kill's team is. PSU will not be a walkover either (Yes, I know they lost to Temple- but they always play OSU tough) and Maryland could give them a game. People complained about their schedule last season, but all they did was win the games after losing to VT

Storm
09-08-2015, 12:43 PM
The game def changed when Brewer got injured. Man he was railed on that play too.

People seem to always discredit Minnesota....Just ask TCU how tough Jerry Kill's team is. PSU will not be a walkover either (Yes, I know they lost to Temple- but they always play OSU tough) and Maryland could give them a game. People complained about their schedule last season, but all they did was win the games after losing to VT

and that's why I'm starting to not care about scheduling cupcakes. If you win all your games, and you're a top tier school, you are not going to get shut out of the playoffs.

Dawgilicious
09-08-2015, 12:48 PM
and that's why I'm starting to not care about scheduling cupcakes. If you win all your games, and you're a top tier school, you are not going to get shut out of the playoffs.

I can see the argument. Thing that sucks is that you schedule those games out years in advance, thinking someone will be good and when you play them, they are not. Nothing you can do about that at all.....It is also not easy to schedule multiple "quality" teams each year. It is harder than most people would think

Storm
09-08-2015, 05:06 PM
yeah, like I think in 2022, osu has an OC schedule with both notre Dame and Texas on it. Right now that would seem like a good game with ND and crappy game with Texas. 5 years ago it would have been reversed, 5 years from now, who the hell knows

Subrookie
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Their schedule hasn't always been like that though. They do have a home and home scheduled with Oklahoma soon and Oregon St in Columbus. What the cupcake schedule does do is makes it harder for one or two loss teams to make it in the playoffs though.

MKfromPA
09-08-2015, 07:51 PM
yeah, like I think in 2022, osu has an OC schedule with both notre Dame and Texas on it. Right now that would seem like a good game with ND and crappy game with Texas. 5 years ago it would have been reversed, 5 years from now, who the hell knows

Probably within 5 years from now tOSU will cancel one of those games & replace it with a cupcake. Just ask Tennessee what happened.

WouldE
09-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Or you can be ranked in the top 5 and schedule cupcakes like FCS Appalation State, then lose and be completely embarrassed.

ugabrad
09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Appalation State? Is that a school for Madison Avenue firms?

SCgamecock2988
09-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Appalation? Really? Wow.. that's embarrassing.

Storm
09-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Meh, at least Lloyd avoided punching the other teams player because they were losing.

Bama_Man
09-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Dude, Dawg, Penn State sucks. Temple sacked Hackenberg 10 times, Ohio State might get 20. MSU is the only team with any shot at all at beating them.

Subrookie
09-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Minnesota could give them a game. But, the talent pool isn't very deep in the Big 10.

Dawgilicious
09-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Dude, Dawg, Penn State sucks. Temple sacked Hackenberg 10 times, Ohio State might get 20. MSU is the only team with any shot at all at beating them.

I didnt really imply that they were good.....but some teams play you well no matter the record (i.e. Vandy vs those top UF teams for example). Plus, that was the 1st game of the season. Things can change quickly after one game. Hard to right a team off as terrible when its one game. We will see how it goes, but this comes up every year with them......They don't play anybody.....well if people feel that way then when they get the game vs them they should beat them, but that didnt happen last year so its hard to say they are overrated,etc.....

TexasFight
09-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Appalation? Really? Wow.. that's embarrassing.

He wrote "Appalachian" like he was trying to create a new word. Is "appalation" what happens when you use too many mobile apps in one day?

Storm
09-10-2015, 11:20 AM
I didnt really imply that they were good.....but some teams play you well no matter the record (i.e. Vandy vs those top UF teams for example). Plus, that was the 1st game of the season. Things can change quickly after one game. Hard to right a team off as terrible when its one game. We will see how it goes, but this comes up every year with them......They don't play anybody.....well if people feel that way then when they get the game vs them they should beat them, but that didnt happen last year so its hard to say they are overrated,etc.....

This is true. Look at what Brady Hoke did every year against osu. He was a terrible coach, as it is now obvious, but somehow managed to beat osu once, and was a play or two away from beating Urban twice in three seasons. There are just some games you get up for.

That being said, I will enjoy watching osu destroy the Pedsters.

Bama_Man
09-10-2015, 01:43 PM

I dont believe OhioState is overrated at all, in fact JSHD thinks I believe tOSU invincible. I don't, but I do realize they are clear and away the best team in the nation right now.

But let's not get carried away, Bama had them last year :) 21-6 at one point, tOSU converting five 3rd downs of 15+ yards, etc... and only lost by one TD after Sims started throwing those picks.

WouldE
09-10-2015, 02:41 PM
It'll be tough in the playoffs for Ohio State to repeat....even getting to the playoffs isn't a given.

Penn State usually is a tough game, it took OT to beat them last year - and they'll be improved by time they play OSU. Michigan State will probably be pretty good. Minnesota isn't bad. Michigan will be a battle @ the big house. Then the B1G championship, assuming OSU wins the east. Everything else looks like a breeze, but you never know...OSU has a huge bulls eye, everyone is looking to take them down.

Storm
09-10-2015, 08:20 PM
I think they've had a bullseye on them since Urb took over, and they've done pretty well. B1G is lot easier than the SEC though. I can see why his "heart troubles" have subsided now. LOL