Illinois fires HC Beckman 1 week before season starts [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Illinois fires HC Beckman 1 week before season starts

Storm
08-29-2015, 12:18 AM
wow......internal investigation basically led to discovery of Beckman encouraging/forcing players to lie to training staff about injuries, making them play through concussions, and so on.

Yikes

IllinoisDawg63
08-29-2015, 12:56 AM
Need to fire the AD too....they're just plain **** anymore. Unbelievable that they hold out this long to fire him 1 week before the season. Only Illinois!!!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

MKfromPA
08-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Totally gross. I think the university made the right decision. There is no room for this in sports, particularly college sports where young kids are still growing and developing.

scgamecock312
08-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Totally gross. I think the university made the right decision. There is no room for this in sports, particularly college sports where young kids are still growing and developing.

I'm not saying it is right, but I would guess this happens more than we think.

MKfromPA
08-31-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm not saying it is right, but I would guess this happens more than we think.

Yes. It just so happens the coach was caught here. I believe there needs to be a greater level of effective communication for this type of matter. The coaches or personnel who violate the ethics need to be disciplined accordingly.

deterp
08-31-2015, 11:20 AM
Between the athletics and the school administrators, UIUC has become a black mark on universities.
I really can't believe the AD didn't know what was happening. The days of Gunth are long gone.

IllinoisDawg63
08-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Between the athletics and the school administrators, UIUC has become a black mark on universities.
I really can't believe the AD didn't know what was happening. The days of Gunth are long gone.
Flagship University is just as much a joke as our state politics. Might just as well resort to hiring the Zooker back.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk