Davion Curtis commits to UGA! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Davion Curtis commits to UGA!

Dawgilicious
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Another weapon for Eason next season:

Davion Curtis (Temple, Texas/Temple) committed to the Bulldogs over Kansas State and Oregon State, even though he has yet to step foot on campus at Georgia.

"I have a great relationship with Coach Mark Richt and Coach Bryan McClendon," Curtis said, on ESPN Central Texas radio Monday. "We don't even talk about football, we talk about life. Coach McClendon says I have an opportunity to come in and contribute as a freshman. Coach Richt was ecstatic, because they have not recruited anyone out of Texas in awhile."

Bulldogs receivers coach Bryan McClendon is determined to make sure five-star quarterback commitment Jacob Eason has several deep targets to throw to, and the 6-foot, 185-pound Curtis is one of the more explosive athletes in the Lone Star State.

On a team that featured two running backs that rushed for over 1,700 yards (Oklahoma State signee Jeff Carr and juco signee Marques Hatcher) and a quarterback who ran for 878 yards (Tulsa freshman Chad President), Curtis was still able to reel in 44 passes for 996 yards and 13 touchdowns, over 22.6 yards per reception. Curtis was named to the Texas Sports Writers Association Class 5A all-state team as an honorable mention.

During track this spring, Curtis posted a 10.72 100 time and was part of a 4x200 relay team that took third in the UIL 5A State Championships.

With Curtis now in the fold, Georgia has 15 commitments for the 2016 class.

Herchel
08-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Curtis is a burner. He is a 3 star because he is running track, not competing in the Underwear Olympics. I expect more schools to come calling now. Maybe he will get the Bama Bump. :)

Dr.SwineSmeller
08-07-2015, 12:59 AM
He is going to sign with Arkansas.