Vandy has a chance to make some noise in Maui. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vandy has a chance to make some noise in Maui.

XPS
07-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Looks like the bracket has leaked a little early. Per Andy Katz (ESPN), Vanderbilt will play St. John's in the opening game and will be in the opposite bracket as Chaminade. Here's how it breaks down:

Side A:
Kansas
Chaminade

UCLA
UNLV

Side B
Indiana
Wake Forest

Vanderbilt
St. John's

kentubbybasketball
07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Yeah Vandy stacks with that field. I think Kansas is being undervalued. They could win another national title this year. They have two PG'S and a bevy of bigs. Some great wings. Great coaching, too. Plus they have championship winning experience from this summer.

GoDores
07-28-2015, 05:36 PM
I just refreshed my memory with the way too early offseason top 25 predictions for next year. A lot of places have Kansas top 5. A lot have IU top 20, some have Vandy top 25.

It would look like the expected semis would be Kansas vs. UCLA and Vandy vs IU. Kansas would have to be the favorite but there's probably a 95% chance the winner is one of those 4. Wish I knew more about St. John's, doesn't seem like too much is expected from them next year though.

They don't seed, but I'd suspect this is how the bracket was seeded:
1- Kansas
2- Indiana
3- Vandy
4- UCLA
5- UNLV
6- St. John's
7- Wake
8- Chaminade

XPS
07-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Vanderbilt might be the sneakiest Top 25 team in the country. The 2014-15 Commodores fell off everyone's radar after an awful 11-10 start, after which they finished the SEC 8-2 and -- with three freshman guards and a future pro big (Damian Jones) in the starting lineup -- finished in the top 20 nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency.

kentubbybasketball
07-29-2015, 11:45 AM
St. John's isn't even 6th best in that field imo. Although Wake won't be much they will be better. St. John's has turned over virtually the whole roster entirely including the staff. This strikes me as one of those years that Chaminade might not get 8th place.