3 Arkansas players arrested on Forgery Charges [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Arkansas players arrested on Forgery Charges

Dawgilicious
07-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Arkansas basketball players Anton Beard, Jacorey Williams and Dustin Thomas have been arrested. According to the Washington County Sheriff’s office, they have a court appearance scheduled from Friday morning to face one charge each of forgery.

The arrest stems from a series of incidents this weekend, where the three players were caught on surveillance camera using counterfeit bills, according to a police report. All three were caught using counterfeit $20 bills to purchase goods, while Beard got change for six counterfeit $50 bills and three counterfeit $100 bills, according to the report.

“We have become aware of a pending legal issue involving three men’s basketball student-athletes,” the school said in a statement. “The student-athletes have been suspended indefinitely from the men’s basketball program. Our continued expectation is that our student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.”

Beard, a sophomore point guard, averaged 5.7 points in just under 19 minutes last season. Williams is a senior forward that averaged 4.8 points off the bench. Thomas transferred into Arkansas this offseason after spending his first two seasons with Colorado.

kentubbybasketball
07-23-2015, 09:24 AM
When you're in a position of relative celebrity I don't understand why you go to this level to obtain something. What is worth your reputation and potentially a scholarship?

leland5
07-23-2015, 12:34 PM
The best to these young men.

Just Some Hog Dude
07-23-2015, 05:08 PM
When you're in a position of relative celebrity I don't understand why you go to this level to obtain something. What is worth your reputation and potentially a scholarship?

What, UK players don't hang out with underworld figures like our basketball players?

DBS
07-23-2015, 06:53 PM
well, it gives something for people to talk about

Bubba
07-23-2015, 09:24 PM
We just can't have nice things

SCgamecock2988
07-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Why would you leave Colorado for Arkansas? Only explanation is that guy has to be from Arkansas.

MKfromPA
07-24-2015, 10:45 PM
These kids, what a bunch of idiots.... :facepalm:

Dawgilicious
08-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Jacorey Williams has been dismissed by Arkansas:

Arkansas announced on Wednesday that Jacorey Williams has been dismissed from the program stemming from a series of incidents this offseason.

Williams was one of three players that was arrested and charged with forgery stemming from a series of incidents where the players were alleged to have been caught using counterfeit money. He was also linked to a pair of assaults that happened two weeks apart. He is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and, 13 days later, knocking out the bouncer that tried to separate the two of them as retaliation.

Williams has not been arrested for either assault.

“Members of our program carry a responsibility to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the expectations we have established for our student-athletes both on and off the court,” head coach Mike Anderson said.

“We wish him the best as he pursues his future away from Razorback Basketball.”

kentubbybasketball
08-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Look I'm all about second chances, but I don't see how Mike Anderson could have done anything else in this case. I applaud him for what he's done here, especially in Williams' case. I would imagine that Anderson and the Arkansas program aren't completely cutting him lose, like they'll help him get counseling and/or find another school, but I don't think he could stay on with the program given the situation and water under that bridge.

joehogjoe
08-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Look I'm all about second chances, but I don't see how Mike Anderson could have done anything else in this case. I applaud him for what he's done here, especially in Williams' case. I would imagine that Anderson and the Arkansas program aren't completely cutting him lose, like they'll help him get counseling and/or find another school, but I don't think he could stay on with the program given the situation and water under that bridge.good post. Discipline before victories

MKfromPA
09-02-2015, 08:22 PM
good post. Discipline before victories

That's right and the way it should be. No matter the player(s) in trouble.