#1 overall DT Rashan Gary [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : #1 overall DT Rashan Gary

Storm
07-22-2015, 09:07 AM
He's in no rush to make a decision, but the #1 overall recruit is coveted by pretty much every school in America. He hasn't announced a top school list, but according to 247 he's "WARM" on:

Michigan
Alabama
Auburn
Clemson
Georgia
osu
Ole Miss
Penn State
VaTech

He's a Jersey Boy and Harbaugh just landed like 3 kids from Jersey. Crystal Ball is currently on Michigan, but he just had a visit to Georgia and rated the experience a "10."

Whoever lands him, he's an instant impact type of player, from what I've read.

Herchel
07-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Looks like his mom is the key.

Storm
07-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Michigan also hired his old football coach too. It's a new era in Ann Arbor.

Dawgilicious
07-22-2015, 10:25 AM

Is that what it is? LOL

xAuBuRn
07-22-2015, 11:59 AM
I think it is Michigan or a SEC school. Auburn had been trending some until there were two Crystal Ball picks for Michigan the past couple days. I think Michigan probably leads at the moment.

Storm
07-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Is that what it is? LOL

Yeah, as in no more sitting on the sidelines thinking they are entitled to everything. An article just came out where a 5th year senior who left the team after Harbaugh came on board said

"Coach Harbaugh told all the 5th year seniors they would have to audition for a job. I didn't know if I wanted to audition or not."

That right there tells you the mentality of Michigan football the last 4 years under Hoke. They wanted everything handed to them, and basically got it. Players could choose to either practice or spend time watching film some days.

They were soft.

But as for Gary, I think the product on the field will go a long way. Much like Deshawn Hand, if Michigan would have won 8 or so games, he probably chooses UM over Bama. So they have to be somewhat successful this season.

Storm
07-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Is that what it is? LOL

Yeah, as in no more sitting on the sidelines thinking they are entitled to everything. An article just came out where a 5th year senior who left the team after Harbaugh came on board said

"Coach Harbaugh told all the 5th year seniors they would have to audition for a job. I didn't know if I wanted to audition or not."

That right there tells you the mentality of Michigan football the last 4 years under Hoke. They wanted everything handed to them, and basically got it. Players could choose to either practice or spend time watching film some days.

They were soft.

But as for Gary, I think the product on the field will go a long way. Much like Deshawn Hand, if Michigan would have won 8 or so games, he probably chooses UM over Bama. So they have to be somewhat successful this season.

Herchel
07-22-2015, 03:19 PM
If I had to rank Gary's leaders, it would be:
1. Michigan
2. Auburn
3. Bama
4. UGA

zud the hut
08-14-2015, 05:50 PM
He came with his mom on the second visit in a month to LSU...

Storm
08-14-2015, 11:33 PM
what did they think? I haven't seen any reports about it

zud the hut
08-15-2015, 06:32 AM
The reports are that Gary loved LSU. He brought his mom back for a second visit. They are saying that LSU is a real threat.

I don't know if you have been following LSU recruiting but LSU has the #1 class for most of this year. LSU has always recruited good but the arrival of Coach O has kicked it up a notch. He pulled in guys like this when he was at USC.

Herchel
08-15-2015, 06:33 AM
what did they think? I haven't seen any reports about it
LSU even rolled out the president for Gary.

lbzdually
10-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Watching Gary now on ESPN and he is as good as advertised. I thought Trenton Thompson was better than him watching highlights, but I have to say he is as good or better live.

xAuBuRn
10-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Watching Gary now on ESPN and he is as good as advertised. I thought Trenton Thompson was better than him watching highlights, but I have to say he is as good or better live.

Yea. Michigan is getting a good one.

Storm
10-24-2015, 04:42 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Would love to get him, but we've been burned before at the last minute.

lbzdually
10-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Did anyone notice Gary's coach was wearing a LSU hat?

Storm
12-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Heard there was an incident during Gary's visit to Ole Miss a couple weeks ago. Apparently he and his mom got separated. She tried to get to where he was but didn't have the proper credentials. She was eventually shoved by an Ole Miss security guard.

She said "despite that, the visit was great." :lol: Gonna go ahead and cross them off the list.

Had a great time at the Iron Bowl from what I hear as well.

Storm
12-06-2015, 09:48 PM
247$--Harbaugh Stays Honest With Nation's #1 Player Rashan Gar
Rashan Gary's mother blasts Will Muschamp

Rashan's mother calls Will Muschamp a "pure liar" and says Alabama nor Georgia has contacted them regarding the coaching changes.

Ouch....

ugabrad
12-06-2015, 10:36 PM
"Rashan's mother calls Will Muschamp a "pure liar" and says Alabama nor Georgia has contacted them regarding the coaching changes. "

I don't know about the altercation with Muschamp, but Smart was only hired today so if she were being realistic about her expectations she shouldn't have expected any contact before today.

Storm
12-07-2015, 08:28 AM
I think she means they weren't contacted to let them know coaching changes were happening maybe? Do schools let their recruits know if they are firing a coach or their coach is leaving for another job? I think that's what she is upset with. Harbaugh and Durkin let Gary know that he Durkin was leaving before the announcement was made.

2008 National Champions
12-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Well isn't that convenient? Lol

With all the crazy NCAA rules you would think there would be a rule against that.

ugabrad
12-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Well, considering that the UGA assistants learned about the coaching change from the press, what should she expect? I think that some recruits/parents of recruits have a little too high opinion of their importance in life's scheme. Hopefully her son is better grounded than that.

Storm
12-07-2015, 12:15 PM
"Rashan's mother calls Will Muschamp a "pure liar" and says Alabama nor Georgia has contacted them regarding the coaching changes. "

I don't know about the altercation with Muschamp, but Smart was only hired today so if she were being realistic about her expectations she shouldn't have expected any contact before today.

It's not reflecting bad on Georgia, if that's what you're thinking. She's quoted as saying Muschamp sat in her home a day or two before he took the job and swooned them on how much they loved Auburn and were there for the long haul, then bailed a day later.

Storm
12-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Well isn't that convenient? Lol

With all the crazy NCAA rules you would think there would be a rule against that.

Partridge had originally resigned as HC to take a job with Rutgers. That job fell through for some reason and Michigan offered him a job. Good timing for UM.