Mississippi State faces Miami in Puerto Rico Shootout [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State faces Miami in Puerto Rico Shootout

XPS
07-14-2015, 02:54 PM
First-round matchups for the 2015 Puerto Rico Shootout are set, highlighted by Mississippi State facing Miami on the tournament's first day on Nov. 19.

Texas Tech will play Utah, Butler will face Missouri State, and Minnesota will play Temple in other first-round games, multiple sources told CBSSports.com. Second-round matchups will occur the very next day when the winner of the Mississippi State-Miami game will take on the winner of the Texas Tech-Utah game. The winner of the Butler-Missouri State game will take on the winner of the Minnesota-Temple game.

The tournament championship will be played Nov. 22

Exact times for first-round games are still yet to be determined.

Mississippi State will feature former UCLA coach Ben Howland in his first multi-team event since taking over in Starkville as well as freshman Malik Newman, who was arguably the top guard in the Class of 2015. Miami, Utah, and Butler and all considered potential 2016 NCAA Tournament teams.

NCMISSSTFAN
07-15-2015, 08:37 AM
Pretty good field, these are the type games we need to win this season if we want to play in the post season.

SCgamecock2988
07-15-2015, 01:14 PM
They announce these things really early... I'm ready for football and we're discussing who teams are going to be playing in basketball in late November/December?

XPS
07-15-2015, 03:11 PM
They announce these things really early... I'm ready for football and we're discussing who teams are going to be playing in basketball in late November/December?

That's what we discuss on the basketball board.

Dawgilicious
07-15-2015, 03:13 PM
That's what we discuss on the basketball board.

LOL....Skal wants to transfer to UGA

Wave&Dawgs
07-16-2015, 10:19 AM

This is the basketball forum, dude. Feel free to find your way to the football forum if you'd rather discuss that right now.

SCgamecock2988
07-16-2015, 10:27 AM
I realize it's the basketball forum, but it should be dead in July.

LOL