Ohio State oversigned by two and have apparently processed [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State oversigned by two and have apparently processed

Herchel
07-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Mirko Jurkovic, JR. He is apparently headed to Athens. His dad played for ND. 6'-5", 275# OL.

Storm
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Originally committed to Nebraska.

took a visit to osu and immediately decommitted

committed to osu a short time later

tried to enroll but couldn't get in, apparently

Herchel
07-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Originally committed to Nebraska.

took a visit to osu and immediately decommitted

committed to osu a short time later

tried to enroll but couldn't get in, apparently
UGA and OSU are almost identically ranked for academics. Methinks the Urban myth oversigned. Correction, I know he did. Jurkovic wasn't going gray shirt or prep. There is no bigger weasel than Urby. I tried to tell GMan, but he just wouldn't listen. :)

Herchel
07-06-2015, 05:51 PM
UGA and OSU are almost identically ranked for academics. Methinks the Urban myth oversigned. Correction, I know he did. Jurkovic wasn't going gray shirt or prep. There is no bigger weasel than Urby. I tried to tell GMan, but he just wouldn't listen. :)

Ranking of all universities, including private, Ivy League, etc.

Ohio State
Pepperdine
Tulane
SMU
Syracuse
Uconn
BYU
Clemson
UGA

Don't tell me he couldn't get in OSU. He was processed.

scgamecock312
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Academic issue. ND said no as well.

Storm
07-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Notre Dame wanted him to go to Holy Cross first, then transfer to ND. Hard to put this all on Urb when you have two different schools not letting him right in.

Djshockley3
07-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Academic issue. ND said no as well.

Sure....

Dawg in Dallas
07-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Glad to have him, regardless of how it happened.

scgamecock312
07-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Sure....

No one is saying it is a bad thing.

Every report I have seen is saying that. His parents don't seem to be denying it either.

Herchel
07-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Ohio State stated that Jurkovic Jr. was not able to qualify academically, but other reports say he was late qualifying and became a victim of “roster management;” so, the Buckeyes could make the 85 scholarship limit by August set by the NCAA under bylaw 15.5.6 for all Division 1 FBS football programs.

Herchel
07-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Notre Dame wanted him to go to Holy Cross first, then transfer to ND. Hard to put this all on Urb when you have two different schools not letting him right in.
There is a huge difference in the academics at ND and OSU.

"
They were the first school that I reached out to and they tried to get me in, but they wanted me to Holy Cross route and go in January to Notre Dame," Jurkovic said. "I talked slightly to Florida, and they said they could take me. Purdue and Indiana said they could take me, but once Georgia put on the hard pressure, I just talked to Georgia." -

Dawg in Dallas
07-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I don't think the issue at ND was academic, just not having available room - which is why they wanted him to go to Holy Cross for a semester.

Storm
07-07-2015, 09:25 AM

what article is that quote from?

Herchel
07-07-2015, 12:04 PM
what article is that quote from?

https://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1780791

Dawgilicious
07-07-2015, 12:11 PM
If he was late qualifying then OSU did what every other school would do and that is have a backup plan in case. It happens a lot when a kid is late to qualify. Teams aren't going to sit around and wait to see if you qualify. What is the point of saying he didnt qualify anymore? Fans are just going to accuse you of over signing anyways....lol

Storm
07-07-2015, 01:17 PM
So after saying "I didn't get accepted to osu because of their high academic standards," he then tries to get into Notre Dame. :lol: Kid sounds like a genius

dnmuga93
07-07-2015, 02:53 PM
So after saying "I didn't get accepted to osu because of their high academic standards," he then tries to get into Notre Dame. :lol: Kid sounds like a genius

He was a legacy at ND; I expect certain things are viewed differently under those circumstances.

Herchel
07-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Like I said, it wasn't academics.
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/07/16/new-former-ohio-state-football-signee-recaps-official-visit-to-uga/

(A source told the AJC this week that Jurkovic “was not an academic casualty” with the Buckeyes).

Storm
07-18-2015, 08:16 PM
a source told the reporter doing the story for the hometown paper of the school he's now going to. So basically we'll never get the real story. Hope he works out for UGA though, I love seeing osu miss out on talent. That's the most important part to me :lol: