2016 TE Garrett Walston commits to UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2016 TE Garrett Walston commits to UGA

Dawgilicious
06-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Chose the Dawgs over NCSU and UNC.

247 has him as the 17th best TE in the country. "I just picked UGA," Walston told Dawgs247. "This past weekend, the visit to Georgia just blew me away. They rolled out the red carpet for us and we all felt comfortable with it. I can't wait to be a part of the Georgia football family." "They feel like I am one of the top tight ends in the country," Walston told Dawgs247 Sunday. "They did not pressure me or anything, which I really like, they just said they hope I pick Georgia and if it is, they will be super-excited."

Herchel
06-30-2015, 04:04 PM
He is the one we wanted, and is why we didn't offer Forristall.

lbzdually
06-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Where does Woerner end up then, WR?

Herchel
06-30-2015, 04:09 PM
WR. He has said repeatedly that is what he is.

Optik
06-30-2015, 05:05 PM

As a recruit? Technically. In the end, he'll be a TE. I think Davis will finish his college career there as well. More a flex TE on Davis and Woerner though, while Garrett here is more of a true TE.

Charlie has the speed and athleticism to still play WR at a high level with the size of a TE. Think of him like a bigger, white Julio Jones.

lbzdually
06-30-2015, 07:58 PM
As a recruit? Technically. In the end, he'll be a TE. I think Davis will finish his college career there as well. More a flex TE on Davis and Woerner though, while Garrett here is more of a true TE.

Charlie has the speed and athleticism to still play WR at a high level with the size of a TE. Think of him like a bigger, white Julio Jones.

I'm ready for UGA to have a true 6'4" + WR who can beat db's in jump ball situations. It seems like UGA has gotten beaten several times by these guys over the years, it's about time they had one of their own.

dnmuga93
07-01-2015, 09:14 AM
So, does this mean Isaac Nauta is no longer an option?

I know he is committed to FSU, but he's been talking up coming home to play in Athens lately.

Herchel
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
So, does this mean Isaac Nauta is no longer an option?

I know he is committed to FSU, but he's been talking up coming home to play in Athens lately.
We are recruiting him. I doubt he flips, but he is coming to Dawg Night.

dnmuga93
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm ready for UGA to have a true 6'4" + WR who can beat db's in jump ball situations. It seems like UGA has gotten beaten several times by these guys over the years, it's about time they had one of their own.

Been a while since AJ Green, hasn't it?

dnmuga93
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
We are recruiting him. I doubt he flips, but he is coming to Dawg Night.

I agree. My question was more along the lines of, Are we taking 2 TE's in this class? If not, are we telling Nauta there's no room for him if he really wants to come here?

Herchel
07-01-2015, 11:39 AM
I agree. My question was more along the lines of, Are we taking 2 TE's in this class? If not, are we telling Nauta there's no room for him if he really wants to come here?
There is no way he is told no.

lbzdually
07-01-2015, 02:15 PM
It sure seems like it. UGA has had solid receivers, but none that just make defenses have to double team constantly.