Shot Clock Change [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Shot Clock Change

kentubbybasketball
05-15-2015, 06:47 PM
There's a proposal for a 30 second shot clock, which isn't surprising. Hopefully, it'll make the game more fun. Allow players to foul less since they'll have to defend for smaller stretches hopefully. Last time the shot clock changed an SEC team won the national title. Maybe we'll have the same fortune this time. (Last year it was a 35 second shot clock, but in our game with Wisconsin in the final four, they were getting shot clocks longer than even that).

Herchel
05-16-2015, 08:55 AM
I like moving the restricted area to four feet. It will unclog the lane.

GoDores
05-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Love going to 30 seconds. Worked well in the NIT.

There is also another rule change proposal that allows a media timeout to be used if a team calls a timeout within 30 seconds of a scheduled media timeout. That will prevent a team timeout followed by 5 seconds of action and then another media timeout. I've wanted this changed for years. I thought it'd never happen though with sponsors and $$, but happy to see the effort being made.

Storm
05-16-2015, 02:45 PM
^ that would be awesome.

kentubbybasketball
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Women already have the media TO rule too.

kentubbybasketball
05-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I see the reason for it (preventing gamesmanship) but I hate the rule that I get to choose your foul shooter if your guy can't shoot them. What sense does that really make?

Kudos on not reseting the timer on ten second calls should a timeout be called.

I don't like eliminating coach's ability to call timeouts in live balm action. I know the game is complained as being over coached but these are amateur players, not pros.

dnmuga93
05-18-2015, 10:01 AM
They also changed the number of timeouts from 5 to 4 with 3 carrying over to the 2nd half.

ugabrad
05-18-2015, 03:25 PM
"I see the reason for it (preventing gamesmanship) but I hate the rule that I get to choose your foul shooter if your guy can't shoot them."

This sounds like an unscrupulous coach would send someone out to flagrantly foul and knock the opponent's best foul shooter out of the game. Then he can choose their worst shooter.

In other words, I don't like this change.

Bama_Man
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
"I see the reason for it (preventing gamesmanship) but I hate the rule that I get to choose your foul shooter if your guy can't shoot them."

This sounds like an unscrupulous coach would send someone out to flagrantly foul and knock the opponent's best foul shooter out of the game. Then he can choose their worst shooter.

In other words, I don't like this change.

Agreed. I LOVE the rest of the changes, making the shot clock 30 seconds, widening the lane, less time outs, doing the media timeouts like in the women's game, and moving back the three point line, they would all improve the college game and make it more watchable.

joehogjoe
05-19-2015, 07:52 PM
wish they would change the 10 second to 8. De-emphasize hand checking to increase scoring

batmanthelegend
05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
I like these changes just to bad my team won't be a factor to enjoy these rule changes in March. This is what happens when your staff is to busy on twitter, golfing, eatin BBQ and hangin out at the beach instead of recruiting.

joehogjoe
05-21-2015, 08:52 AM
I like these changes just to bad my team won't be a factor to enjoy these rule changes in March. This is what happens when your staff is to busy on twitter, golfing, eatin BBQ and hangin out at the beach instead of recruiting.get a fing clue. Next seasons recruiting will be epic.

batmanthelegend
05-22-2015, 08:44 AM
get a fing clue. Next seasons recruiting will be epic.

What makes you think that? It's like this every year early...ohhhhh look who Anderson and his buddes are in after...then we fall to the side pretty quickly with all these dudes. This staff cant compete. Anderson and his staff got to have that time playing golf and on twitter bud, cant be recruitin!