Scout's updated top 25 class rankings [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Scout's updated top 25 class rankings

NCMISSSTFAN
05-09-2015, 04:11 PM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/story/1544933-updated-2015-top-25-class-rankings?s=136

#3 Kentucky
#5 LSU
#8 Texas A&M
#15 Mississippi State
# 24 Florida

People are talking bad about UK but they still bring in a top 5 class regardless, I personally like Briscoe. LSU is probably the surprise of the year in terms of recruiting in the SEC IMO. Texas A&M brings in a solid class, I believe Stansbury had alot to do with that, he has always been able to recruit. Obviously adding Malik Newman put MSU in there but the sleeper in the class may be 4* Quinndary Weatherspoon, he was named the 2nd best player in Mississippi behind Newman and can really shoot. As usual Florida brings in a solid core as well which should help White.

kentubbybasketball
05-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Who's talking bad about UK. I know X has but that's somewhat understandable. As i said in another thread. We have the best player in the class. UK'S doing fine and our class might not be over. I'd like a another wing player but more than that a backup center. I think Kentucky will be okay. We have a guard dominant class. Ball handling should be a strength with Ulis being here too.

Florida may have some changes to their class. I think you need to give Avery Johnson some credit for TAMU'S class also. He helper build an AAU pipeline with all those guys from TX like Hogg, Thomas, Davis, and Gilder. Wonder how that shifts with Avery at Bama now???

Vandy and Auburn have classes that would be ranked if you did a top 30 and maybe should be ranked within 25.

NCMISSSTFAN
05-10-2015, 01:45 AM
The media in general had been hard on Cal for not closing in on some of those late top recruits.

NCMISSSTFAN
05-10-2015, 01:45 AM
But the class is still great regardless

kentubbybasketball
05-10-2015, 06:34 AM
It's a sign of the expectations that Cal has risen this program to that this class would be considered a failure by the media. Consider that TAMU is being lauded for their class as is LSU and both are ranked lower than UK's.

XPS
05-10-2015, 08:13 AM
But the class is still great regardless

UK needed a small forward,power forward and a shooting guard. I'm not big on Jr college players so I'm not expecting much from the one UK signed. UK went from the deepest team since the 96 UK team to a team with little depth especially quality depth. The returning players minus Tyler Ulis played very little minutes. Who knows how Alex P will return from being injuried, this team has a lot of questions marks and is one major injury away from the NIT like the 13 team when Noel got hurt. Also there have been many say UKs number 1 recruit will never play college ball.

NCMISSSTFAN
05-10-2015, 09:07 AM
XPS you sound pretty frustrated with this class and team. As KT said, I guess its the prior tradition Cal has started that makes you guys feel that way. Most teams would love to have that roster full of McDonalds All Americans. There is still alot of talent at UK though. What player are you talking about that might not play?

XPS
05-10-2015, 10:02 AM
XPS you sound pretty frustrated with this class and team. As KT said, I guess its the prior tradition Cal has started that makes you guys feel that way. Most teams would love to have that roster full of McDonalds All Americans. There is still alot of talent at UK though. What player are you talking about that might not play?

Skal the number 1 recruit in rivals and scout. His handler is a piece of sh!t and could cost him his eligibility.

GatorMan32
05-10-2015, 11:17 AM
If we keep our signees and nobody transfers, White will inherit one of the better situations a new coach can take over. Francis and Robinson will need to contribute some outside shooting though.

kentubbybasketball
05-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I tend to think when you don't appreciate things it gets worse personally. Some UK fans haven't learned from complaining about Tubby leading to the G disaster. Same thing happening now. Not a better time to be a UK fan. Nobody is going to feel sorry for UK and nobody should.

XPS
05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Kt, I ask you, are you satisfied with the class? Are you concerned at all about next year's team.

Just for the record UK can't do any better then Cal and I'm very happy with him. My complaint with Cal is I think he is sending and encouraging players to the NBA when they are not ready just to keep the come to UK and play one year and go straight to the NBA hype alive.

kentubbybasketball
05-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Yes, I am happy. Of course things could be better. I'm not immune to the fact they could be much worse too tho.