Thank you to Billy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Billy

GatorMan32
04-30-2015, 01:32 PM
He has given us 2 national titles, 4 Final 4's, 3 title games, 7 elite 8's. He has given us SEC titles, tournament titles and a 21-0 SEC record. He more than that gave us so many great memories and did it the right way all of the way through. He has obviously left the program so much better than he found it and wish him all of the best.

College basketball will be a little worse for this IMO, as it lost one of its great coaches and ambassadors.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Did Kevaughn Allen sign with Florida?

XPS
04-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Can't blame Billy D HOF coach will get to coach a future HOF player in Durant...

GatorMan32
04-30-2015, 02:15 PM
He will need to convince Durant and Westbrook to stay first and foremost but I cannot see that being a problem once they get to know him. I also would not be surprised to see him try to get Shyatt on his NBA staff. I hope he wins some rings there. Maybe he can get Noah to patrol the middle ;)

Allen signed. I guess it will depend on who we hire and how he feels about the hire now.

kentubbybasketball
04-30-2015, 03:20 PM
D, maybe Self, are the only guys that could've challenged K eventually for all time wins. I can understand leaving for the NBA is more important than that. No shock he's gone. He's always had the itch for the NBA. Rick Pitino said it years ago. bradley Beal said it this month, too. I think his last season really wore on him.

I hate it for our sport. He's a titan for sure. I tell you, Billy D is one coach of a rival program of ours that most UK fans liked, and it's not just because he coached at UK. He was nothing but class. I'll never forget how respectful he always was of Tubby. Just a kind person. I hope this works out for him in terms of Florida-level success. If it doesn't though and Cal leaves, who better to hire at Kentucky!

Bad timing for Florida. Shaka Smart would've been perfect. Go after Chris Mack, Archie Miller, Michael White. That would be my three.

kentubbybasketball
04-30-2015, 03:27 PM
One thing about Foley btw. He tends to make a good hire, then a bad hire, and repeat and rinse. This hire will be huge.

joehogjoe
05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Lon Kruger anyone. Jshd Kevaughn Allen did sign with the Gators. Word is he wants out and is considering Memphis St. or USF. He should stay where he is. Florida will be fine with a great class.

Dawgilicious
05-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Lon Kruger has taken 6 teams to the NCAAs....Could do a lot worse than him. Archie Miller and Chris Mack are prob at the top of the list

gatormaniac
05-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Sad, grateful, proud and, yet, excited about the future of Gator basketball. Billy laid the groundwork for his success as well as the success of his replacement, whomever that may be. He will be missed not only at UF, but in this community. Few really know what an impact he made here. Billy's a very kind and generous person and his work in the community makes him a champion professionally and privately. I am now a OKC Thunder fan.

joehogjoe
05-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Lon Kruger has taken 6 teams to the NCAAs....Could do a lot worse than him. Archie Miller and Chris Mack are prob at the top of the list

I was joking. I don't believe he is the right fit at this time. Poor Anthony Grant.

swampmonster
05-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Thank you Billy, a legendary Gator, that will
be missed. I knew it was coming one day.

How do you replace a legend?

Wish him nothing but the best.