Old recruiting tactics die hard [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Old recruiting tactics die hard

HIGHTIDES
04-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Muschamp and Auburn, still telling kids they aren't good enough to play at Alabama, so hey, come to Auburn!!

"After Marshall’s comments in March about the Tide, Muschamp quickly reached out to him.

“He said he knows that’s my dream school, but just look at it,” Marshall said. “He said they recruit everyone in the country, but some don’t play. He said if I come to Auburn I’m going to have a chance to start my freshman year."

xAuBuRn
04-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Sometimes what the coach says and what the kid thinks he says are two different things. If that is exactly what Muschamp said it is true. Alabama has a lot of depth on the DL. We lose a lot next year assuming Adams and Lawson go to the NFL which I think they will. It is no secret anyone following his recruiting that he really wanted the bama offer. He grew up a bama fan I am pretty sure. Sometimes what is the best fit and where you want to go are two different things. I am not saying the best fit is Auburn. That is something that Marshall will need to decide. His parents are pro Auburn, and Auburn has lost several recruits lately because the parents wanted bama, but the kid wanted Auburn. You lose some and you win some. If I was a recruit that had any offer in the country I think my 16-17 year old self would of probably found the best fit, and not just chose Auburn because I was a fan. These kids are making huge decisions, and they need to do what is best for them. I think this is a simple case where Marshall's parents think he fits Auburn better for a whatever reason, but Marshall always "dreamed" of playing for bama. There is nothing wrong with that.