Joe the Hogs???? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Joe the Hogs????

XPS
04-09-2015, 08:34 PM
What's the word on Portis and Qualls and how big of a loss do you think Madden will be????

joehogjoe
04-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Depending on who you talk to Portis and Qualls will return, the next guy says they will leave. I don't know. I do know that we will know by next Tuesday. If they stay I expect really good things. Portis is a dedicated player who will take the way the season ended personally and turn it into something positive. Qualls could work on his game. He's improved greatly, but there is more he can do regarding his ballhandling and vision.

XPS
04-09-2015, 08:48 PM
If they stay the Hogs will be SEC favorites.

joehogjoe
04-09-2015, 08:50 PM
well be favorites for 2nd place. UK will be favored for the top spot.

Bubba
04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
They come back ino

Madden is not a big loss. Being rid of madden automaticaly improves our lost ball/turnover margin.

joehogjoe
04-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Technically that is incorrect. Ky had a 2 to one assit to turnover ratio. Madden will be a loss no doubt. He was very good at the end when Beard stopped showing up the last 6 games. Still we'll gain Whitt who is better than Madden.

Bubba
04-09-2015, 09:14 PM
I hated madden. Regardless of that turnover stat, his assists weren't as good as his turnovers were bad. He just seemed to always turn it over when we didn't need to.

joehogjoe
04-09-2015, 09:16 PM
i know you hated him but he was way better than you gave him credit. But his time is over and I'm excited about the new kids

Bubba
04-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Hooray for new kids!

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Portis is gone. Qualls will return.

Bama_Man
04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Portis is gone. Qualls will return.

Link? Is this for sure or your guess?

kentubbybasketball
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM
If they stay the Hogs will be SEC favorites.

Hard to argue with that. They'd be better than us in November for sure but I think we'd be ranked higher based off March 2016 projections.

joehogjoe
04-11-2015, 03:59 AM
Link? Is this for sure or your guess?its his guess. right now all the "speculation" is they are staying.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Link? Is this for sure or your guess?

It is pretty much the consensus take around here. No official word, but Portis continues by all expert accounts to go 12th to 15th. That is a miilie and a half. His mom wants him to get his degree is the only factor, but that would take two more years, and that just ain't happening for now. A degree can come later.

And on Qualls, word is he is drooling over being the SEC's most watched player next season. He has little reason not to come back in comparison.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-11-2015, 11:06 AM
its his guess. right now all the "speculation" is they are staying.

Marcus Elliot is dead set Portis is gone. I'm with Marcus on this one.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Hard to argue with that. They'd be better than us in November for sure but I think we'd be ranked higher based off March 2016 projections.

Kentucky will start the year ranked 1st or 2nd. Arkansas may be as high as 8th to start the season if both Portis and Qualls indeed return. Regardless, Kentucky will still be the media favorite to win the SEC. I'll bet the pig farm on that one.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-11-2015, 11:21 AM
What's the word on Portis and Qualls and how big of a loss do you think Madden will be????

Madden is no factor.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Madden is no factor.

He was a starter so I disagree. Beard will probably do well. Nick Babb has left the program so the Hogs might add another point guard here.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Marcus Elliot is the biggest PIECE OF SHT in Arkansas sports radio.

joehogjoe
04-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Marcus Elliot is dead set Portis is gone. I'm with Marcus on this one.

Really Marcus was unsure yesterday.

I went to college with Marcus. He's a good guy. Known him since the 80's.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Really Marcus was unsure yesterday.

I went to college with Marcus. He's a good guy. Known him since the 80's.

Day before yesterday he was sure he was gone.

That is cool that you went to school with Marcus.

I hope Portis stays like everyone else. But it is hard to turn away first round status. Not to mention it isn't even smart to turn it down. One injury away from a downgrade in draft order.

joehogjoe
04-12-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't know where you've heard it was a consensus. It's probably closer to a consensus that he will stay.

While I was at Fayetteville I went to school with Sidney, Reed, Kleine, Billy Ray, and the Bazz. I knew Billy Ray be a use we often played video games togetber.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-12-2015, 07:29 PM
I don't know where you've heard it was a consensus. It's probably closer to a consensus that he will stay.

While I was at Fayetteville I went to school with Sidney, Reed, Kleine, Billy Ray, and the Bazz. I knew Billy Ray be a use we often played video games togetber.

I'm just gonna hold my breath and hope he stays. I won't be completely surprised, but my gut feeling is he is going to take the money. Then again, the fact he hasn't already announced is a good sign I think.

I liked Billy Ray Smith... Sr and Jr. I remember Billy Ray Sr playing for the Packers when we were just little kids.

kentubbybasketball
04-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Seems like the SEC Player of the Year Bobby Portis is leaving. Couldn't be happier for him. Of all the non-UK SEC players, he might be my favorite. Ever since I read up on his home life and the trouble his mother and he went through, I've had an appreciation for him. I hope he has a very prosperous career, and continues to change the dynamics of his family history! What a great young man.

Tyler Ulis for SEC Player of the Year now!!!!!!

HogFan4Ever
04-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Portis is gone, being reported on ESPN as well. He is one of my all time favorite Hogs and he will be greatly missed!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/story/_/id/12689767/arkansas-razorbacks-forward-bobby-portis-going-nba

Just Some Hog Dude
04-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Portis is gone, being reported on ESPN as well. He is one of my all time favorite Hogs and he will be greatly missed!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/story/_/id/12689767/arkansas-razorbacks-forward-bobby-portis-going-nba

Wow, big mistake but good luck to him. I actually think Qualls is more ready for professional basketball.

XPS
04-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Who fills in for Portis?

Bubba
04-14-2015, 07:48 PM
nobody to fill in for Portis. i doubt we can replace his scoring ability, but we for sure can get stronger down low.

its never a bad decision to opt for guaranteed millions. but it was a bad decision based on not being ready to play. i love him, but hes gonna get abused for a few years in the league.

hawgwild
04-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Good for him, for selfish reasons it would of been nice to have him back but I think he's ready. I think his NBA game will be similar to Aldridge.

joehogjoe
04-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Seems like the SEC Player of the Year Bobby Portis is leaving. Couldn't be happier for him. Of all the non-UK SEC players, he might be my favorite. Ever since I read up on his home life and the trouble his mother and he went through, I've had an appreciation for him. I hope he has a very prosperous career, and continues to change the dynamics of his family history! What a great young man.

Tyler Ulis for SEC Player of the Year now!!!!!!

He made the right decision. Now his Mom will be taken care of by this honorable young man.

joehogjoe
04-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Who fills in for Portis?He will be replaced by committee. Moses, Thompson, and Kapita will have to play big.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
nobody to fill in for Portis. i doubt we can replace his scoring ability, but we for sure can get stronger down low.

its never a bad decision to opt for guaranteed millions. but it was a bad decision based on not being ready to play. i love him, but hes gonna get abused for a few years in the league.

He is not even going to get drafted.

Bubba
04-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Goodbye Qualls....

domino effect.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Goodbye Qualls....

domino effect.

I was right on Portis and wrong on Qualls.

I'm not convinced Qualls will get a draft number in the NBA. If I had to bet right now, I'd bet he winds up in Europe. His talents are still just a little raw for the NBA stage.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-16-2015, 05:15 PM
I was right on Portis and wrong on Qualls.

I'm not convinced Qualls will get a draft number in the NBA. If I had to bet right now, I'd bet he winds up in Europe. His talents are still just a little raw for the NBA stage.

He has got a better chance than Bobby.