Do You Want Kentucky To Go Undefeated? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want Kentucky To Go Undefeated?

SkyAntoine
03-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Simple question. Yes or no??

VandyChuck
03-31-2015, 02:33 PM
I almost converted to Catholicsm if that tells you anything...And I'm not even all that religious.

Herchel
03-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Yes...

Dawg in Dallas
03-31-2015, 02:59 PM
I won't answer that poll question given the options. :lol:

But yes, I would like to see them finish this out.

TexasFight
03-31-2015, 03:16 PM
I did until Michigan State's Cinderella run. I'd like to see Izzo win another championship.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 03:24 PM
I won't answer that poll question given the options. :lol:

But yes, I would like to see them finish this out.

Haha. The options kinda give you no choice unless you love or hate UK.

To answer the question, yes, I want UK to go undefeated. Maybe I'd think differently if it were UNC or something with a chance to do something historic, but as a college basketball lover, I'd like to say that I'd be able to appreciate and respect what UNC was doing if it were them, and I can't stand UNC normally.

Naval Aviator
03-31-2015, 03:43 PM
Yes! Absolutely!

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 03:49 PM
IU's undefeated 1976 team is voting "yes!"

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/31/indianas-1976-undefeated-team-is-rooting-for-kentucky-to-go-40-0/

Really Big Bama Fan
03-31-2015, 03:51 PM
Yes, but Rupp's Runts will always be my favorite Kentucky team.

Bama_Man
03-31-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I do. Just because of how bad it would piss off Duke and UNC fans. To see an SEC team be the team to go undefeated and win it all would be hilarious.

xAuBuRn
03-31-2015, 04:39 PM
I do not like Duke or UNC. I would like to see MSU win it all, but Kentucky would be my 2nd choice.

msudawg4life
03-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Withouth a doubt...I can see them 15-20 years down the road getting together when the last team get a loss toasting like the Undefeated Miami Dolphins team does.

Dawg in Dallas
03-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Big difference is that the 1972 Dolphins are the ONLY team to ever go undefeated in the NFL.

Dawgilicious
03-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Well MSU isn't winning it if they play UK. Just isnt going to happen. Idk what Duke fans you speak with but the bulk dont really care about going undefeated. The end result is more important than going undefeated...lol

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Yes, but Rupp's Runts will always be my favorite Kentucky team.
Many fans agree on this.

AlienBeans
03-31-2015, 09:14 PM
absolutely NOT. hate duke, north carolina, kentucky, uat and florida. Go wisconsin...and Go Michigan State.

MKfromPA
03-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Yes, I want Kentucky to go undefeated.

This UK team is a special one. They are playing and coaching very hard and I'd like to see all of that culminate in a perfect season and National Championship. Plus, Jon Calipari is a Western PA guy & I don't really care for any of the 3 other schools in the Final Four.

GO 'CATS!

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Ked, you're a closest UK fan anyway tho. Lol. We'd accept you in big blue nation.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 09:36 PM
absolutely NOT. hate duke, north carolina, kentucky, uat and florida. Go wisconsin...and Go Michigan State.
If you hate big time winners, how do you like Michigan St?

Wave&Dawgs
03-31-2015, 10:24 PM
This might seem like an odd answer, but yes I would like to see them go 40-0, but I was also really pulling for Notre Dame to pull off the upeset. I love seeing history, such as teams going undefeated, but I also love seeing huge upsets. So if Kentucky runs the table, I will definitely enjoy it. But if a game is close, I will probably be pulling for the upset. So I guess I won't be mad either way.

SCgamecock2988
04-01-2015, 03:51 PM
No offense to UK fans but I think it'd be hilarious if Kentucky goes 39-1. I actually have a financial interest in all of this as well though; if Duke win two more games I get $300.

SCgamecock2988
04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I do. Just because of how bad it would piss off Duke and UNC fans. To see an SEC team be the team to go undefeated and win it all would be hilarious.

There's SEC basketball teams then there's Kentucky, let's be honest here.

Bama_Man
04-01-2015, 06:32 PM

I hate that argument. In the past 20 years, Florida has as many national titles as UK (both have two).
In football, its not Alabama and everyone else, so in basketball it shouldnt be UK and then everyone else.

kentubbybasketball
04-01-2015, 07:12 PM

Sure UK has more national titles in the past 20 years than any other SEC program (2 for us, 2 for Florida), but how does that really matter at the end of the day. UK is as much SEC basketball as South Carolina is.

kentubbybasketball
04-01-2015, 07:26 PM
I don't begrudge any SEC fan for not rooting for UK by the way. I don't root for SEC teams either other than Georgia and Ole Miss. There's times I've rooted for MSU and Arkansas also. Now, I gotta root for Tennessee some because who doesn't like Rick Barnes. That's Cal's bestie. Billy Kennedy used to caoch in this area at Murray State, so I like TAMU some too, but I'm not going around rooting for SEC teams either. So I get it.

ALA2262
04-02-2015, 11:31 AM
I did until Michigan State's Cinderella run. I'd like to see Izzo win another championship.

I'd like to see Izzo at Bama. If you are going to offer Izzo money to Marshall, why not offer Kryzewski money to Izzo? Doubt if Michigan State would even try to match that.

ALA2262
04-02-2015, 11:38 AM
NB4 being accused of hijacking the thread, I'll answer the question with my poem.

The Tide is red

The Cats are blue

Both are #1

And always will be too!

kentubbybasketball
04-02-2015, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see Izzo at Bama. If you are going to offer Izzo money to Marshall, why not offer Kryzewski money to Izzo? Doubt if Michigan State would even try to match that.

Whew. That is shooting for the stars. I think you can argue Izzo's the best coach in the country. Certainly nobody is better than him. I think for a guy like that no amount of money will be enough.

Kentucky was going to go after Izzo when we got Calipari, but Michigan State was still playing in the NCAAT and we wanted to make a quick hire. Cal's team was out in the Sweet 16 and Izzo's ended up going the next weekend to the final four, because of a surprising upset over Louisville. My point is UK was going to go after Izzo, and I don't even know if he would have accepted our job.

The caution with Izzo is that his AD, Hollis, is his best friend from back in college. It'll be tough to pry him away from up there.

msudawg4life
04-02-2015, 04:39 PM
I think it would be awesome to have Izzo in the SEC...but no way would Bama have a chance...Marshall said he was waiting for a top 10-12 school to make him an offer so if someone like him was to say that I'd think it would be a VERY slim chance someone like on Izzo would jump at Bama. What about Izzo to Florida if Billy D was to end up taking a coaching job in the NBA??

kentubbybasketball
04-02-2015, 04:48 PM
My friend thinks somehow Billy ends up at Indiana next year????

Izzo is 60. At this point he won't leave for anything for no amount of money unless we're talking maybe $10 or $15 million I'd imagine.

msudawg4life
04-02-2015, 05:32 PM
If you are right about Izzo and leaving because of age then Florida is prob out of the question....Coach K makes up over 7 million a year...which I believe is the highest paid coaching salary in all of college sports. I just don't see him getting in the 10-15 mill a year range..that would be crazy.. Indiana?? Interesting thought/dream....I think if Billy D goes anywhere it will be the NBA just cuz I think he's the kind of guy who wonders if he has what it takes to coach at the next level.

kentubbybasketball
04-02-2015, 05:39 PM
That's my point. Nobody is going to offer Izzo that kind of money. Doc Rivers doesn't even make that kind of money.

NCMISSSTFAN
04-02-2015, 10:25 PM
My favorite non SEC team is probably Duke, because of Coach K and because I've been living here now for 12 years.....I would love to see a Duke-UNC final. It would be one of the best NCAA final games we have seen in years IMO. Plenty of NBA talent on both teams and two legendary coaches. Out of the 2, I'd personally probably pull for Duke.....but I am a UK fan and also wouldn't mind seeing History being made.

MKfromPA
04-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Good luck tonight, Kentucky! Do your best against Wisconsin. :cheers:

AlienBeans
04-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Thank you Wisconsin. Now, beat the **** out of duke. I HATE DUKE with a passion....

Dawgilicious
04-05-2015, 12:52 PM
awwwww...you hate Duke......That is original.....I guess 16 Final Fours and 4 national Titles make people hate you

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2015, 01:12 PM
It's a badge of honor. People don't hate sucky teams. All the people cheering about UK losing says more about them than the program at the top. I mean, I have a thread addressed to me about what happened to UK? Lol..... ummmmmm, I think we got outscored.

Dawgilicious
04-05-2015, 01:35 PM
I mean, I wanted UK to lose, but after the game I came and praised them and thanked them for the season they provided. I was one of the few that didnt take shots at you guys or the team....lol

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2015, 01:51 PM
It is what it is. Some people can't help themselves. It's the "price" of success. People dislike your team and you. All I know is I'd rather be Kentucky than some of these other SEC teams (Florida notwithstanding). I look forward to the pursuit of 40-0 and a 9th national title with next year's group. The fact that we can even say that eats at people.

End of the day, that is why I respect you. We never see eye to eye, but I respect the way you go about your business (even with the juvenile insult of the other thread about still being mad about the loss... what would you expect?). Too many people here are irrelevant and not worth even addressing in posts, because not only do they not understand basketball but they only post when your team loses. Then they want to make Andrew Harrison and Trey Lyles out to be scum when they act the way they do.

TexasFight
04-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I don't dislike Kentucky, kentubby. I like most of the Kentucky posters on the board. Brummett is my dude and I used to like XPS before he turned into Mini-Kentubby.

I just don't like you. You are an annoying, arrogant pr!ck. You seem to believe you have some sort of prodigious basketball mind and that you know better than everyone else. You are the antithesis of what I like in a person. I'll take every opportunity to rub it when it comes to you.

By the way, I'll wear my impending infraction with honor.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm not even sure how to comment on what you're saying, because I don't know about you and you don't know about me. I have never even talked to you. You've never once asked me about my life or asked me anything about me, so the opinion you've formed could be misguided based off your own bias. Again, I don't know you so I'm not sure what your problem is with me. I've got several friendships with people from this board outside of the talks and discussions here. We talk about our lives, religion, our jobs, and families. Those people know who I truly am, and I value their opinions of me, because they've taken time to get to know me. They all like me, so I don't sweat it much that you don't, because again you simply don't know enough about me to say one thing or the other. Not everybody is going to be liked by everybody. As long as I'm not cheating on my taxes and breaking laws, I'm okay with you not liking me I suppose. You're judging a book by its cover, and that's your own issue; again, you have nothing to dislike me about and if you did, you could address it with me. You never have to my knowledge.

If I thought I was the end-all, be-all basketball mind, I would have pursued professional opportunities to be a basketball writer that have been presented to me. Instead I've chosen to stay here, because I enjoy talking hoops with the poeple here (who want to talk hoops). I don't have all the answers. I enjoy reading what GD88, NC, Storm, GM32, XPS, Dawglicious, MK, etc have to say. I don't know more about basketball than any of them. They all challenge my way of thinking and it's greatly appreciated. It's why I keep coming back here year after year.

I can't make someone like me when their mind is already made up. I assume you're mad or feel the way you do because of the quotes in my sig. First, I never said those things about myself. Secondly, it's all a joke. They are there tongue in cheek, just as everybody's sigs have things about their programs and themselves that are braggadocious. It's a message board. People are silly on here.

As far as you rubbing something in, your comments are not enough to make me angry or hurt my feelings or whatever. Thus, you rubbing it in (which is childish in its own right) are not even effective. We don't know each other enough for me to take it as anything less than a grain of salt. That said, I've contemplated leaving this board for a while now, so you might just get your wish. If I don't leave though, I will treat you with nothing but respect from here on out, because my actions toward you can't be dictated by how poorly you treat me.

HunkerDown
04-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I didn't even know they were undefeated till I was filling out my brackets. I hadn't watched a basketball game this year. I'm about to win 2 of my 4 brackets.

Dawgilicious
04-05-2015, 11:38 PM
I didn't even know they were undefeated till I was filling out my brackets. I hadn't watched a basketball game this year. I'm about to win 2 of my 4 brackets.

I hate people like that..lol...but congrats

Dawgilicious
04-05-2015, 11:40 PM
It is what it is. Some people can't help themselves. It's the "price" of success. People dislike your team and you. All I know is I'd rather be Kentucky than some of these other SEC teams (Florida notwithstanding). I look forward to the pursuit of 40-0 and a 9th national title with next year's group. The fact that we can even say that eats at people.

End of the day, that is why I respect you. We never see eye to eye, but I respect the way you go about your business (even with the juvenile insult of the other thread about still being mad about the loss... what would you expect?). Too many people here are irrelevant and not worth even addressing in posts, because not only do they not understand basketball but they only post when your team loses. Then they want to make Andrew Harrison and Trey Lyles out to be scum when they act the way they do.

I got ya. We don't have to see eye to eye all the time, prob never will, but at the same time it helps to have great convos and be able to bounce things around. I wasn't trying to make anything negative, just saying with all UK put in, it would be hard to not still be upset, cause I am the same way. You stick with your guys through it all so that is def respectable

HunkerDown
04-06-2015, 12:00 AM
I hate people like that..lol...but congrats

Me too :D

Dawgilicious
04-06-2015, 03:20 AM
Me too :D

Crazy how the ppl that dont watch basketball win the bracket challenges...lol

Storm
04-06-2015, 07:59 AM
I wanted to see them go undefeated just because it hasn't been done since the 70's. Would have been cool to see history.

I definitely don't want to see Vitale go all Dook Boner on us now though. So go Wisconsin

gatormaniac
04-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Sorry to see UK come up short, but I have many friends who hail from Wisconsin, so I was very happy to see the Badgers win. Obviously, a great season for UK but, I'm sure, a lot of disappointment for the team and their fans. Gotta hand it to the Badgers. They did what around 30 teams couldn't.

HunkerDown
04-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Glad Duke won because Packers fans are dbags. And they usually root for Wisconsin.

Storm
04-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Wisconsin losing probably makes UK's loss sting even more. They didn't even lose to the eventual champs.

kentubbybasketball
04-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Wisconsin losing probably makes UK's loss sting even more. They didn't even lose to the eventual champs.

Not at all. Many people want the team you lost to, to lose. It depends on your perspective. To me, our loss has nothing to do with Wisconsin (or even Duke). it stings because we had a chance to go 40-0. Just a 4 minute laspe. Duke winning or Wisconsin winning wouldn't have made it sting any more or any less.

In time, we will look back on this season as the success that it was, Storm. I'm not sure you ever get over any season-ending loss. They all sting. Think about to two years ago when you lost to Louisville.

Storm
04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
That stung less because we lost to the champions :lol:. I just watch the Kansas game whenever I want a pickmeup.

GatorMan32
04-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Guess I'm too late to vote.