Tyndall out at UT [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tyndall out at UT

Angry Ant
03-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Can't say I didn't see this coming

kentubbybasketball
03-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Obviously UT had to get out while they could. Luckily for them the violations were at USM and not UT. They had an easy way out. You hate to see anybody lose his job, but the fact that assistants had already been fired, it seems somewhat fair that he would have to face the music as well. The fact that UT fired Pearl for having had his own NCAA issues (and lying about them), it's no shock that they cut ties here.

Man, so many SEC jobs have come open. 3 out of 14, and who knows about Florida and Kentucky possibly coming open (not sure how legit all that speculation is, but the NBA can be enticing).

Bubba
03-27-2015, 09:35 AM
:rotf:

Herchel
03-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Three coaches in three years.

kentubbybasketball
03-27-2015, 12:08 PM
It'll be four in four years now.

Angry Ant
03-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Four coaches in four years is a one way ticket to bottom of the barrell

Herchel
03-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Here is a possible replacement.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-head-coach-Rick-Barnes-not-expected-to-return-36439238

Angry Ant
03-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Steve Lavin is free...

Herchel
03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Steve Lavin is free...
So are Jirsa and Felton.

VandyChuck
03-27-2015, 06:57 PM
I heard Darrin Horn is possible...That would probably satisfy both UT and their rivals. Squeaky clean, yet completely non-threatning.

SkyAntoine
03-27-2015, 07:38 PM
I heard Darrin Horn is possible...That would probably satisfy both UT and their rivals. Squeaky clean, yet completely non-threatning.

I hope he stays with the SEC network. No one from Lexington should be seen in penitentiary orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VandyChuck
03-28-2015, 12:30 AM
I hope he stays with the SEC network. No one from Lexington should be seen in penitentiary orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one from Lexington should be seen, PERIOD.

Dawgilicious
03-28-2015, 12:55 AM
Why hire him? Did they not do their due diligence on him before offering?

Lavin would be a great hire for them, idk what they do though

kentubbybasketball
03-28-2015, 07:00 AM

What I'm hearing:
Michael White: had demands last yr that weren't met but is sorta rebuilding at LA Tech now. Speaking of LA Tech, what about Tyler Summitt? I know he's too young and wants to coach women, but who knows down the road?

Steve Prohm: recruits TN well

Seth Greenberg: my darkhorse. He may want in coaching again I hear

Buzz Wiliams: would've been tops at Texas if it came open the last three years, now I'm not sure, likely wants out at VA Tech

Tad Boyle: former asst under Jerry Green; speculation he wanted job last yr

Tim Miles: perhaps the closest to Pearl in terms of personality

Rick Byrd: is he too old? 61? Only coach in the state of TN in the NCAA field this yr

Rick Barnes: knows the region from Cleveland

Bobby Hurley: could be a major player at St. John's first tho

kentubbybasketball
03-28-2015, 07:04 AM
Why hire him? Did they not do their due diligence on him before offering?

Lavin would be a great hire for them, idk what they do though

What do you mean? Of course they did their due diligence. USM gave him a huge endorsement when UT contacted them to speak with Tyndall last year. At the time of getting him USM didn't know about the issues, how would UT have found out. When the news broke in November, that's when everybody else found out. I'm not here to defend UT, but in this case it seems necessary. During the hiring process Tyndall told Dave Hart that he had learned from his violations at Morehead St. Hart didn't expect to see violations at USM also.

georgiaguy31015
03-28-2015, 06:34 PM
I think Barnes would be a good hire for Tennessee if they can get him.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 03:52 PM
Seems like Barnes is official now.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2015, 03:57 PM
After Tubby left UK, Barnes was on my short list of coaches I wanted. This is a huge hire for Tennessee. It's been the best hire in the SEC this offseason, pending what Bama does (with Marshall potentially).

CentralMSDawg
03-31-2015, 10:51 PM
After Tubby left UK, Barnes was on my short list of coaches I wanted. This is a huge hire for Tennessee. It's been the best hire in the SEC this offseason, pending what Bama does (with Marshall potentially).

I thought that any coach that got fired from his last job was a suspect hire? I mean that is basically what you have been saying in the Howland thread for the last week. This hire is on par with Howland at MSU and with Marshall if he goes to Bama. I don't think any of the three would be better than the other.

kentubbybasketball
04-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Barnes wasn't fired for being pr×ickly. That's all I'm saying. As i said in the Howland thread, I'm not commenting on MSU, because will just bring race into it.

Wave&Dawgs
04-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Who has brought up race k-tub? You'd be well-advised not to go around putting words in people's mouths.

TexasFight
04-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Rick Barnes got fired because he couldn't get the job done. He's good enough to recruit well, win some games, get you into the NCAA Tournament and see the occasional deep run. That's good enough for Tennessee basketball, but not for Texas; especially with the talent we had this season. It was time to move on, just as it was with Mack Brown.

msudawg4life
04-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Barnes has gotten to the dance more consistantly then Howland has throughout his career. I think Howland has gotten deeper then Barnes has though...I guess there's a tradeoff in there somewhere. Both recruit well...we will see how it goes for both UT and MSU. I think it's a great hire for UT though....find it ironic he left UT for another UT. Good poll questions....color wise was is a good tradoff up or down when compairing the two oranges.

Herchel
04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Barnes has gotten to the dance more consistantly then Howland has throughout his career. I think Howland has gotten deeper then Barnes has though...I guess there's a tradeoff in there somewhere. Both recruit well...we will see how it goes for both UT and MSU. I think it's a great hire for UT though....find it ironic he left UT for another UT. Good poll questions....color wise was is a good tradoff up or down when compairing the two oranges.
I had a Tee shirt, "Rednecks turn orange in the fall".

kentubbybasketball
04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Who has brought up race k-tub? You'd be well-advised not to go around putting words in people's mouths.

Play dumb if you must. I already know what you said in the rep, you pretty much told on yourself. IT was about race, and you know it.

deterp
04-01-2015, 04:01 PM
You guys need to go read hornfans.

kentubbybasketball
04-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Coach Smart is a great coach, and it would be great for Texas to get him. If you're going to fire Barnes you better get a homerun like this. I just hope Texas is ready to have him only for a few years. Hopefully, UK will come calling when Cal is done in a few years..
The coach matters so much more in college sports. Shaka is a celeb coach, and he has an identifiable style.