Kentucky players and entering the NBA this year [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky players and entering the NBA this year

batmanthelegend
03-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Just wondering from you Kentucky folks, whats the word around who is possibly leaving to head to the draft this year? Any word?

MissKitty
03-16-2015, 12:07 PM
I do believe there will be quite a few. Here's my thinking as of now. This always changes as the tournament ends.

Willie
Karl
Booker
Aaron
Andrew

Bama_Man
03-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Id say
WCS (lottery)
Towns (#1 or 2 pick)
Booker (top 5)
Both Harrison's

possibly Lyles (because of his potential as a stretch four) or Ulis.

kentubbybasketball
03-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Just wondering from you Kentucky folks, whats the word around who is possibly leaving to head to the draft this year? Any word?

There is no word. Nobody's talking about it, because they are focusing on this tournament. Who knows how it all shakes out? I couldn't begin to give an educated guess since there are no public feelers. Anything I would say would be speculation. Based off how things typically go, I'd say Karl Towns is the one guarantee, followed by Trey Lyles. Everybody else is a crap shoot. Willie seems to be in no rush. He asked his grandmother if she'd be mad if he never played in the NBA. He's got a lot of interests. The twins seemingly want to go, but they aren't guaranteed first rounders IMO yet. Booker is a first rounder, so he probably would be pushed to go by Cal. Booker needs to strike while the iron is hot. If he comes back, people might start harping on his lack of lateral quickness. People pick you apart when you become a sophomore, so he might need to strike while the iron is hot, although I'd love to have him return. Dakari Johnson is a big question mark. He's a late first round type guy. If he came back he could solidify his spot.

As an aside, I hope Derek Willis doesn't transfer out. He says he's not contemplating it.

Bama_Man
03-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I heard them talking on ESPN today about this.

Towns is at worst the #3 pick if a team takes Okafor and Munday ahead of him (I doubt it, no way I would take Munday or Okafor ahead of Towns).
WCS is a top 7 pick.
Booker is a potential lottery pick.
Trey Lyles is also a fringe lottery pick.
Lee is also a potential first rounder
The Harrison's are mid-late first round picks at best, I dont see their value getting much higher. I could see Johnson, Alex P., and maybe the Harrison's all return.

kentubbybasketball
03-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Lee is not a first round pick.

Luckily we got the next wave coming in with Skal Labissiere, Isaiah Briscoe, Chris Matthews, and company. The more guys we lose, the more great recruits we get. It's a win, win. We get elite players and we have more of them to love, because they rotate in and out of the program quickly.

MissKitty
03-16-2015, 09:14 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Trey comes back. He was injured early and then he got sick.

If he comes back he'll be a lottery pick next year.

batmanthelegend
03-17-2015, 12:46 AM
If there is a mass exodus (5-6 dudes) you guys will be down next year....your incoming class isnt as great as normal and when you guys don't have any experience you seem to struggle.

kentubbybasketball
03-17-2015, 06:37 AM
How could we be up? We are undefeated. We are going to be down naturally. This class is far from finished. We will return at least 3 or 4 guys btw.