Arkansas versus Kentucky, SEC Tourney finale. David and Goliath. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas versus Kentucky, SEC Tourney finale. David and Goliath.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Kentucky is 33-0. A great team worthy of all its accolades. Arkansas is 26-7, a blue collar team that has to scrap fro everything. Kentucky has 9 McDonald's All Americans, Arkansas has one. No one on Arkansas team would likely start for Kentucky. Arkansas does has the Sec Player of the year in Portis, and the most explosive athlete in the SEC, in Qualls. Kentucky has Freshman of the year and most likely the First pick in the lottery in Towns, and the Defensive player of the year, in Stein. The depth of Kentucky is their biggest strength. Wave after wave just wears a team down while the massive height along with athletic play of the big just overwhelms teams. Kentucky should win but sometimes what should happen doesn't. Still it's two proud programs on a hell of a stage. Should be fun.

MissKitty
03-14-2015, 09:05 PM
It will be interesting that's for sure. On KSR they said some of the Arkansas team ran over to the UK tunnel talking trash as UK was leaving the court.

Apparently Portis got his wish by getting another shot at Kentucky.

Let's hope these guys just play ball tomorrow. It doesn't sound like they like each other very much.

We don't need any issues going into the NCAA.

SCgamecock2988
03-14-2015, 10:26 PM
I want 7OT like that Arkansas/Kentucky football game back in the day.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 10:28 PM
It will be interesting that's for sure. On KSR they said some of the Arkansas team ran over to the UK tunnel talking trash as UK was leaving the court.

Apparently Portis got his wish by getting another shot at Kentucky.

Let's hope these guys just play ball tomorrow. It doesn't sound like they like each other very much.

We don't need any issues going into the NCAA.

We heard it was UK trash talking the Hogs.

Also heard that UK fans are referring to the Hogs as the Ferguson on college basketball. Not sure what that means?.

I just want a fun game. If UK beats us because they are better that's cool. If Hogs pull off a miracle even better. Just no injuries. It was no fun seeing Madden get injured in the first half and poor Georgia is like a trauma ward.

MissKitty
03-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Some people are idiots. I'm with you Joe, I hope for a hard fought, injury free game.

I don't understand why the Arkansas team would run over to the UK tunnel.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 11:31 PM
It makes no sense since they had to focus on a good Bulldog team.

It will be a great #1 vs a very good #2. The odds are in your favor.

Bubba
03-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm ready for our 2nd chance. We swept them last year with the same teams.

Anything is possible.

I would be thrilled with a win tomorrow and a 1 and done in tournament.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 12:07 AM
I think both teams have more wins in them.

Dawgilicious
03-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Not really the same teams...lol...But Arkansas has to hit outside shots and cant turn it over like they did the 1st game

MissKitty
03-15-2015, 12:25 AM
You can't be serious Bubba. Ya never want to be one and done.

I do believe it'll be a battle and it's gonna be fun. If we are going to lose,I hope it's tomorrow. Of course I don't want to lose at all. But if we have to lose one better now than later.

Dawgilicious
03-15-2015, 01:40 AM
You can't be serious Bubba. Ya never want to be one and done.

I do believe it'll be a battle and it's gonna be fun. If we are going to lose,I hope it's tomorrow. Of course I don't want to lose at all. But if we have to lose one better now than later.

Well any loss after tomorrow and its season over so u def want to lose tomorrow if you are gonna lose

SkyAntoine
03-15-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm sure the Hogs were being mean to our wholesome, God-fearing boys. Good over evil. Go Cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba
03-15-2015, 08:50 AM
No I'm serious. Make the tournament 1& done who cares. Although it would be disappointing to have beaten UK then lose to a scrub I would take it.

A win vs this years UK for the sec championship would be historic.

A loss in round 1 is what everyone expects anyway. Outside of Arkansas. Whether they lose or not. I'd take the SEC Championship win instead.

XPS
03-15-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm ready for our 2nd chance. We swept them last year with the same teams.

Anything is possible.

I would be thrilled with a win tomorrow and a 1 and done in tournament.

Same teams???? So Booker, Towns, Ulis and Lyles are sophomores.

batmanthelegend
03-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Ahhh here we are. Arkansas Vs. Kentucky. SEC Finals. 2 best basketball schools/basketball fanbases. Just like it should be!

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 01:03 PM
No I'm serious. Make the tournament 1& done who cares. Although it would be disappointing to have beaten UK then lose to a scrub I would take it.

A win vs this years UK for the sec championship would be historic.

A loss in round 1 is what everyone expects anyway. Outside of Arkansas. Whether they lose or not. I'd take the SEC Championship win instead.
I don't expect a one and done. I expect to go deep
Why do you continually discount this team?
I got my Reds on.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Jacorey is a surprise starter.

Stein is tall.

GDawg88
03-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Is Arkansas really analogous to David in this matchup? They're one of the top 20 teams in the country. It's more like Shaq vs. Goliath.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 01:36 PM
So far a different game than in Lexington

XPS
03-15-2015, 01:58 PM
So far a different game than in Lexington

No injuries so far I'm happy.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 02:27 PM
No injuries so far I'm happy.

Just pride. I'm having to replace some casing around my backdoor and I'm in between doing that and the game.

they just showed b actress Ashley Judd.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Uleys to Harris please sir sit on my face.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Poor Mike Slive looks like he's near the end. He's got that cancer hair and the bad color like my mom.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Too many bigs. Just great big men.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Another wcs over the back knocks Harris to the ground no call.

XPS
03-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Joe I did find myself laughing that Towns is double teamed but the SECPOY is played man to man.

XPS
03-15-2015, 03:09 PM
That was clean

xAuBuRn
03-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Joe I did find myself laughing that Towns is double teamed but the SECPOY is played man to man.

Towns is the better player no doubt. I do not know if Joe would agree with that or not, but Portis deserved the SECPOY. He had the stats to back it up.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Town will be the #1 pick. But for the season Bobby deserved his POY.
WCS deserves TMVP.

UK can win the triple crown. SEC, SECT, and NCAAT.

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Really XPS what does Towns being double teamed have anything to do with him and Portis. We lack the depth and players UK so we play how we must

Bobby may well be back next season.

XPS
03-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Town will be the #1 pick. But for the season Bobby deserved his POY.
WCS deserves TMVP.

UK can win the triple crown. SEC, SECT, and NCAAT.

Maybe Joe a lot of great teams waiting.

MKfromPA
03-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Congratulations on the win & SECT title, Kentucky! :cheers:

Best wishes in the NCAAT.

Herchel
03-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Congrats on the win.

MissKitty
03-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Good luck in the NCAA, I'd love for the teams to meet in the FF

joehogjoe