2015 SEC Tournament Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SEC Tournament Thread

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Separate threads for separate games can be made if people want to, but I'll go ahead and begin a thread for the annual showcase. The weather is supposed to be good in Nashville.

Before the day started, the locks were UK as the 1 seed, Arkansas as the 2nd, and Missouri as 14th. Things are starting to take shape with Bama knocking off TAMU and LSU clipping Arkansas.

Predictions for the champ and the tournament MVP?

MissKitty
03-07-2015, 04:45 PM
What does the bracket look like?

Djshockley3
03-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Going to try and make some games. Really hope UGA is not on UK's side of the bracket, but looks like we will be.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 05:12 PM
I was also hoping UK was not on UGA's side. But, at least we likely won't have to play UGA and LSU, since it's looking like you guys will tussle before you play UK.

Some people say the byes help, and I think they do by the semis or final. However, the team that played the day before should be in a better rhythm also.

GoDores
03-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Just bought my tickets for session 3 on Thursday: Vandy vs UT. Got 2 for $36.55 total including shipping and fees. You chew on that, Kentucky fans. :raz:

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Cool, GoDores & DJ.

Anyone else plan on attending any or all of the SECT?

Djshockley3
03-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Just bought my tickets for session 3 on Thursday: Vandy vs UT. Got 2 for $36.55 total including shipping and fees. You chew on that, Kentucky fans. :raz:

Go check out the prices for the UK sessions. Insane. I am not going to pay $250+ for a seat.

GoDores
03-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Yea. I wouldn't be going either if Vandy was in any of the Kentucky sessions. It's ridiculous.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 07:50 PM

What do you expect. It's Kentucky in a historic year, and Vandy and UT are the local teams. Good for you. Keep your coach in check this time, and Wade Baldwin for that matter, since you'll be there. :raz:

VandyChuck
03-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I ran into SkyAntione at this event several years ago.........so I won't be attending this year.

It is pretty remarkable that Vandy wrapped up the 7th seed considering their 1-7 start. Youngest team in the league finishing in the upper half of the league. Good times.

GDawg88
03-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks to Vandy knocking off Ole Miss, Georgia moves up to the no. 3 seed and will get a double-bye to the quarterfinals.

VandyChuck
03-07-2015, 11:02 PM
No problem!

GDawg88
03-07-2015, 11:06 PM
No problem!
Could Vandy play their way into some last-minute bubble consideration if they beat UT, Arkansas, and UGA/Ole Miss?

Vandy is always a contender in this tournament when it's in Nashville.

GDawg88
03-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Scratch that question on Vandy. I didn't realize their RPI was still sub-100. They'd have to win the tournament to get in the dance.

Nice turnaround to their season nonetheless.

VandyChuck
03-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Yeah screw the RPI...Our BPI is top 40 I believe.

Djshockley3
03-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Nobody wants to play Vandy right now. Appreciate the help tonight.

Dawgilicious
03-08-2015, 01:19 AM
Thanks Dores, now just go beat UK

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 07:21 AM
So UK is already in the final and Vandy is too? Guess I missed it. Lol

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Thanks to Vandy knocking off Ole Miss, Georgia moves up to the no. 3 seed and will get a double-bye to the quarterfinals.

That bottom half of the bracket loos tough, GD88. Who do you think comes out of it?

IMO, Vandy is too reliant on shooters to have their legs to get to the final, especially if they play Arkansas and have to run quite a bit back and forth.

Herchel
03-08-2015, 07:50 AM
I didn't want the double bye. I wanted the 5 seed for two tournament wins. An 8 seed in the NCAAT sucks.

GDawg88
03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
That bottom half of the bracket loos tough, GD88. Who do you think comes out of it?

IMO, Vandy is too reliant on shooters to have their legs to get to the final, especially if they play Arkansas and have to run quite a bit back and forth.
Arkansas and Georgia look like the favorites on that side, though conference tournaments are notoriously unpredictable. I'd love another crack at the Hogs.

GDawg88
03-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I didn't want the double bye. I wanted the 5 seed for two tournament wins. An 8 seed in the NCAAT sucks.
I think we could possibly move up to the 7 line by beating Arkansas and advancing to the finals. As we know, a loss to UK wouldn't hurt us.

There's still a lot to be determined vis a vis seeding. We can still play ourselves out of that dreaded 8/9 spot.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 11:25 AM
At least if you are an 8/9 seed you won't be in UK path since we are in the same conference per the selection process rules.

Herchel
03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
At least if you are an 8/9 seed you won't be in UK path since we are in the same conference per the selection process rules.
It would be tough to lose to UK four times in the same season.

Djshockley3
03-08-2015, 12:36 PM
I want the 8/9 seed. I would love just a chance to knock off a UVA or Duke. You have to play these teams at some point.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Sure, but one thing to consider is that as an 8 or 9 seed, that game against the 8 or 9 seed is tough too. Then two days later you gotta come out and play the 1 seed. That's a tough row to plow through, which is part of what made UK's run to the national championship game last year so improbable. I would much rather be a 10 seed honestly.

I've said it since the beginning of the year. My title game prediction is UK vs Duke. I think Frank Kaminsky might have something to say about it, but those two teams have the singular two best players in the country going forward in Towns and Okafor. (I will say that Trey Lyles is playing at an elite level right now; he's stretching defenses with his ability to hit that 17 foot shot). They have the two best coaches also. That's a tough combo to beat. Whoever beats UK and/or Duke in the NCAAT will have earned it. I know that's what the NCAA wants from a ratings perspective.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 12:56 PM
It would be tough to lose to UK four times in the same season.

Yeah. I can't think of many times it's happened. Duke beat Maryland four times in 2001, and Maryland was a final four team. Kentucky did it to Alabama in 1986, and we were 3-0 vs LSU that same year until they clipped us in the Elite 8. It's too hard to beat somebody four times, and somebody like Mark Fox especially since he's always trying something different.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Kentucky's first game will be either against Florida or Alabama. Clearly we'd rather face Alabama. For starters, Bama is the walking wounded. It seems like they are losing a guy to a season-ending injury by the week (sometimes two in one week). Florida on the otherhand, has the athleticism to stick with UK. Florida did a great job doubling us from behind on the baseline, so that when our posts spun baseline they met an extra defender, plus they clogged the lane.

The giant elephant in the room is last year Bama's AD put out a vote of confidence in Grant. This year hasn't been great, which is sad because Levi Randolph has put in All-conference season without much consistent help. I wonder if Grant loses to his boss and UF if he gets the axe. That's something to keep track of next week for sure.

pcgraffy
03-08-2015, 01:33 PM

A win over anyone from seed 11-14 wouldn't help UGA move toward a better seed.

The double bye is much better for UGA because it should remove any possibility of UGA taking a bad loss. Plus, it give Kenny an extra day of rest.

SCgamecock2988
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM

You don't want to have to play South Carolina again.

:)

Djshockley3
03-08-2015, 04:40 PM

We really don't.

MKfromPA
03-08-2015, 05:14 PM

We'll take you in the SECT. Make it 3 for 3, Arkansas against South Carolina. Know that! :raz:

Just playing with you. :)

In my honest opinion, South Carolina is due to upset an opponent (or two) in the SECT by virtue of the fact they've played some goods teams hard. Plus they have nothing to lose. There is more pressure on the teams trying to make the dance like Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, etc. So we'll see, but I like S.C.'s odds.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Watching Mizz out and USC right now. I'm struck by how much USC really could use this Silva kid that's coming in.

Djshockley3
03-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Mizzou is so awful.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Yeah. This was a list season for them with injuries, suspensions, and a lack of talent.

JRS
03-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Watching Mizz out and USC right now. I'm struck by how much USC really could use this Silva kid that's coming in.

We could use anyone that can score on a consistent basis.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 03:45 PM
True, I think the Silva kid is more important than Dozier, who is obviously rated higher. I think you guys have SEC level guards already. The bigs are maybe not quite as good as they need to be though.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Florida it is for Kentucky in the quarterfinals. This is our greatest rival in the SEC for sure. Hopefully, they'll be a bit tired tomorrow since they played today. I expect us to be a bit more rusty than them since we haven't played. I'd imagine this will be one of the first times in UK history that we have played the same team back to back.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Florida's guys seem to be ready based off their comments today. Devin Robinson is out for revenge on WCS after being posterized he says.

xAuBuRn
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Bye bye A&M. Another good W now we just got run the table in this tournament lulz.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 05:46 PM
TAMU might have just had their bubble burst. Luckily the last ten or twelve games isn't a selection requirement anymore for their sake. Hopefully, next year with their talent infusion they'll be much better.

I don't get how they took us to 2OT (without Jones at that), and then finished like this.

pcgraffy
03-12-2015, 05:51 PM
TAMU might have just had their bubble burst. Luckily the last ten or twelve games isn't a selection requirement anymore for their sake. Hopefully, next year with their talent infusion they'll be much better.

I don't get how they took us to 2OT (without Jones at that), and then finished like this.

Yep, they are NIT for sure. RPI went from 57 to 67.

This is the perfect example why the double bye is much preferred to getting a chance to pad your resume with wins against poor teams on thursday. The downside is huge.

As a UGA fan, we got the perfect draw from the perspective of limited downside. UGA fans should be rooting for Ole Miss tonight, imho.

Losing to Ole Miss would not hurt UGA's resume much - in fact it would secure their only Top 50 wins. UGA beating Ole Miss tomorrow would mean that UGA finishes the year with zero Top 50 wins. Obviously I'm not saying it's better for UGA to lose, but a loss to Ole Miss wouldn't do much harm, especially considering other results today around the bubble (Illinois, A&M, ODU).

GDawg88
03-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Losing to Ole Miss would not hurt UGA's resume much - in fact it would secure their only Top 50 wins. UGA beating Ole Miss tomorrow would mean that UGA finishes the year with zero Top 50 wins. Obviously I'm not saying it's better for UGA to lose, but a loss to Ole Miss wouldn't do much harm, especially considering other results today around the bubble (Illinois, A&M, ODU).
That's an interesting way of looking at it.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Perhaps the double bye is much preferred for a bubble team. Coaches like Bob Knight in the past and John Calipari would rather not play at all. There is no advantage whatsoever for Kentucky to even play in this tournament other than to try to get to the magical number of 40 games this season. Winning the tournament would put us at 34 wins and would keep confidence high, but lose, and everybody would act like the sky is falling. Two of our last 3 national title teams didn't even win the SECT. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a waste of time as some have, but there's little to no benefit, unless a loss allows you to circle the wagons, but that's still no guarantee.

GDawg88
03-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Perhaps the double bye is much preferred for a bubble team. Coaches like Bob Knight in the past and John Calipari would rather not play at all. There is no advantage whatsoever for Kentucky to even play in this tournament other than to try to get to the magical number of 40 games this season. Winning the tournament would put us at 34 wins and would keep confidence high, but lose, and everybody would act like the sky is falling. Two of our last 3 national title teams didn't even win the SECT. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a waste of time as some have, but there's little to no benefit, unless a loss allows you to circle the wagons, but that's still no guarantee.
I agree it's usually a waste of time for teams like Kentucky, but 40-0 would be iconic, like the '72 Dolphins going 17-0 or the '96 Bulls winning 72 games. I don't think Kentucky's just playing for a national championship at this point -- they're playing for their place in history.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Indeed. As you say 40-0 would be more iconic than 37-0 (which would be the total without the SECT). The risk for injury is huge also. You would hope that more of the bit players would get a chance to play also since there will be three games played in 3 days. Luckily for us we are in the top half of the draw, meaning there is more rest time than on the bottom. The fact that we have good depth will hopefully help us.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Crazy how Vandy can step out of bounds with th ball and it's not a turnover. Not even a judgement call.

VandyChuck
03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Crazy how Vandy can step out of bounds with th ball and it's not a turnover. Not even a judgement call.

Never gets old when UK fans imply bias on referees.

VandyChuck
03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
But to stay on topic, Vandy up 38-32 on UT at the half. Winner gets Arkansas.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Never gets old when UK fans imply bias on referees.
Did Jones step out of bounds? It's not a subjective thing. He either did or didn't. When the rules only apply to one school, of course the other will be down. Then the refs have the audacity to give Tyndall a warning after their mistake. Unbelievable.

XPS
03-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Jones in beast mode, damn shame the kid will never experence the Ncaa T a chance you take when signing with Vandy.

XPS
03-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Nice choke job Stallings.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 09:12 PM
What a comeback by UT. They had nothing going most of the game. I think this takes Vandy out of the NIT discussion. .500 in this SEC won't get you much.

Speaking of Jones. How did LSU let him get out of Baton Rouge?

SCgamecock2988
03-12-2015, 11:40 PM
LOL...what a crazy ending.

xAuBuRn
03-12-2015, 11:42 PM
LOL...what a crazy ending.

Yep I was laughing my ass off... And now UGA has a possible bad loss if they lose to USC they a lock even if they lose?

Djshockley3
03-12-2015, 11:43 PM
UGA is a lock...but dear god 3 losses to USC would be ugly.

That game was insane. LOL @ Marshall Henderson

SCgamecock2988
03-12-2015, 11:44 PM
3-0 vs UGA for us? God would that be sweet....

SCgamecock2988
03-12-2015, 11:46 PM
I really want a gif of Marshall Henderson's reaction after they called that last foul...lmfao.

Djshockley3
03-12-2015, 11:47 PM
USC is just a terrible matchup for UGA.

SCgamecock2988
03-12-2015, 11:49 PM
I don't expect to beat UGA a third time in one season but at least we guaranteed ourselves a winning season. Frank Martin definitely has us headed in the right direction and I can admit it took me awhile to realize that.

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sieAlRG.gif
http://i.imgur.com/KOt3B9G.gif

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 02:50 AM
Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. We will see how it goes. 3 games in 3 nights for SC, but they are playing confident

Herchel
03-13-2015, 06:34 AM
USC again. Oh nooooooooooooo!

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:43 AM
H, I would think USC's legs would be getting tired after two games already.

Herchel
03-13-2015, 07:20 AM
H, I would think USC's legs would be getting tired after two games already.
Let's hope so.

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Still can't get over that win...I mean how many times do you all think 7 combined points have been scored in the final 3 seconds of a game?

I don't think we'll beat UGA unfortunately but boy does the path to the final set up ever so nicely for us. Have already beaten UGA twice and I think we can take Arkansas on a neutral court assuming they handle Tennessee. Hey...a guy can dream...

GoDores
03-13-2015, 10:59 AM
What a comeback by UT. They had nothing going most of the game. I think this takes Vandy out of the NIT discussion. .500 in this SEC won't get you much.

Speaking of Jones. How did LSU let him get out of Baton Rouge?

Mechanical Engineering. I've heard a couple people say Jones wants to finish that degree before starting a potential NBA career. No idea if it's accurate, but potentially he could finish that degree in 3 years, which means he would have 1 to go.

Timing is right as I don't think Jones should turn pro this year, especially given what kind of team Vandy could have next year.

VandyChuck
03-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Jones in beast mode, damn shame the kid will never experence the Ncaa T a chance you take when signing with Vandy.

One of the dumbest things ever said on this board. First of all, I'm pretty sure we'll be back in the tournament next year, and second of all, I can just imagine Damian cursing himself. "Damn...never made the NCAA tournament. All I got is this stupid engineering degree from VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY...tha hell am I gonna do with this?"

Djshockley3
03-13-2015, 01:58 PM
That Henderson gif is awesome.

Storm
03-13-2015, 02:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sieAlRG.gif
http://i.imgur.com/KOt3B9G.gif

still a douche

joehogjoe
03-13-2015, 02:21 PM
They keep showing all these Kentucky women in attendance. They are all the roll in flour and look for the wet spot kind of girls. A few have established orbits.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 02:36 PM
One of the dumbest things ever said on this board. First of all, I'm pretty sure we'll be back in the tournament next year, and second of all, I can just imagine Damian cursing himself. "Damn...never made the NCAA tournament. All I got is this stupid engineering degree from VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY...tha hell am I gonna do with this?"

Fwiw, he hasn't made the NCAAT yet and who knows about next year. No guarantee. XPS might not be that far off on the NCAAT point.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 02:48 PM
UK pulling away from UF.

Can't believe that Florida will end with a losing record this year. They'll be gunning for people next year. Glad we got our licks in this year. Won't be easy next year.

joehogjoe
03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Great looking win for Goliath.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
32-0.

Lyles didn't fully committed to help D today.

WCS didn't finish as well as he can today.

Aaron played very well. Booker seems tentative lately.

Feels good to beat Florida 3 times since they are our greatest league rival ever and they beat us three times last year.

Herchel
03-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Congrats on the win.

joehogjoe
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
32-0.

Lyles didn't fully committed to help D today.

WCS didn't finish as well as he can today.

Aaron played very well. Booker seems tentative lately.

Feels good to beat Florida 3 times since they are our greatest league rival ever and they beat us three times last year.

They said he missed the last 3 games because he was sick. Still he looked pretty good.

Don't believe there is a Daniel till next season.

XPS
03-13-2015, 03:08 PM

Saying you're pretty sure Vandy will make the Ncaa T next year with Stallings as HC is one of the dumbest things you ever said. Playing in the Ncaa T is the goal of ever division 1 player Chuck and I'm sure the NIT will be less appealing. Jones= NBA bound??????

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Vandy might not make the NIT either.

Thanks H. It was tough to beat UF.

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Would be something if we could make the SECT Final... I think then we could make the NIT.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Huh. If you won it you'd male the NCAAT. Why settle for less?

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Because there's no way in hell we'd beat Kentucky in the final.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Who knows. Let's hope you get the chance to prove it.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Jordon Granger and Jordan Mickey get into a fight...Started by Granger

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Deadball Technical on Mickey, Granger gets ejected

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 04:53 PM
The Georgia-South Carolina bball rivalry has UGA leading the series 54-50... love a good UGA/USC bball game. Hope for a good, injury free game tonight. May the best team win. :cheers:

Speaking on bball stats, does anyone know a site where you can look up head to head records for any team in bball?

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 04:55 PM
The Georgia-South Carolina bball rivalry has UGA leading the series 54-50... love a good UGA/USC bball game. Hope for a good, injury free game tonight. May the best team win. :cheers:

Speaking on bball stats, does anyone know a site where you can look up head to head records for any team in bball?

You mean like 2 schools head to head, or coaches?

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 04:57 PM
You mean like 2 schools head to head, or coaches?

2 schools head to head

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
2 schools head to head

No luck, a couple that I have used in the past are dead now. The best bet is to go to whichever school you are looking for and looking at their media guide

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:35 PM
It's been a pretty exciting tournament so far.... Auburn and South Carolina in the final anyone?? lol...

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:36 PM
wouldnt that be a crazy final....lol

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Auburn can hold for the final shot!

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:38 PM
well they didnt do that...lol

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Bone headed plays here down the stretch...

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Well now they can get the final shot for a chance at OT.... lol.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Why didnt LSU foul? You know Harrell is taking the shot

BleedPurpleandGold
03-13-2015, 05:40 PM
God I hate Auburn, they will not go away!!!

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
This is insane LOL!

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
LSU should have fouled Bowers and its over

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 05:44 PM
KT Harrell is a beast.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Like a bunch of pesky ants!!!

GDawg88
03-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Auburn may have a bad record, but having a coach like Pearl makes them a threat in any game. Not surprised by this run they've gone on, though it will end against Kentucky.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Auburn may have a bad record, but I've always felt like Pearl made them a threat in any game. Not surprised by this run they've gone on, though it will end against Kentucky.

Exactly, he just has some of that mojo that everybody wants to play for

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Auburn may have a bad record, but having a coach like Pearl makes them a threat in any game. Not surprised by this run they've gone on, though it will end against Kentucky.
We Couldn't DEFEND them last time. Auburn hung 75 on us. Mason had 30 I think. I like the match up tho.

The Cal vs Pearl is isn't as venomous as it once was.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 05:58 PM
They couldnt stop you either...didnt UK score over 100 in that game?

BleedPurpleandGold
03-13-2015, 06:01 PM
This officiating is horrendous, there were 80 free throws in this game. Even still should beat Auburn easily, ridiculous.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 06:02 PM
I think LSU missed 19 FTs, thats hard to overcome

xAuBuRn
03-13-2015, 06:02 PM
How did we just win that game?

WOW.

KT Harrell is a stud.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-13-2015, 06:03 PM
I think LSU missed 19 FTs, thats hard to overcome
I agree

Djshockley3
Could LSU, Ole Miss, and A&M all not make the tourney now?

kentubbybasketball
This officiating is horrendous, there were 80 free throws in this game. Even still should beat Auburn easily, ridiculous.

It happens. They lit up UK in Rupp.

I want your take on Johnny Jones. Word is he let's the players kinda run things and has little control? He can recruit tho, which I'd more important than Xs and Os.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Could LSU, Ole Miss, and A&M all not make the tourney now?

You can see it. I can still see one of them making it, but having to start in Dayton

xAuBuRn
03-13-2015, 06:07 PM
KT not being 1st team was a shame. It may of motivated him to play like this though...

Herchel
03-13-2015, 06:08 PM
I love Bruce Pearl.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-13-2015, 06:09 PM
It happens. They lit up UK in Rupp.

I want your take on Johnny Jones. Word is he let's the players kinda run things and has little control? He can recruit tho, which I'd more important than Xs and Os.
I'm not very happy with Johny, he's a very good recruiter but his preparation and game decisions leave a lot to be desired. He reminds me so much of Dale Brown, got great players but would lose some head scratchers.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 06:12 PM
True, but some goes on the players too, but it is all a circle and comes back to the head man in charge. Now LSU has to sweat until sunday

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:14 PM
KT not being 1st team was a shame. It may of motivated him to play like this though...
What! I should've been first team. Joking. Lol

I think anytime you have guards you have a chance. It'll be interesting tomorrow. I think our guys will be motivated for Coach Barbee.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm not very happy with Johny, he's a very good recruiter but his preparation and game decisions leave a lot to be desired. He reminds me so much of Dale Brown, got great players but would lose some head scratchers.

Anybody that can coach with even slightly less players will be a challenge.

I don't get the Xs and Os issues with having Mussel man on staff who else has an NBA COY on staff.

SCgamecock2988
03-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Arkansas hasn't won a conference tournament game since 2008.... lol.

Friedchickenman
03-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Awesome win, damn work made me miss almost all of this tournament for our guys, hope a miracle happens tomorrow but if it does it will definitely be a miracle. No way these guys will have enough gas left in the tank to beat Kentucky, hopefully it will be more competitive then the last meeting though, and this run has definitely made the first season a success and is the best run in the SEC tournament that AU has had in a longgg time.

xAuBuRn
03-13-2015, 06:56 PM
What! I should've been first team. Joking. Lol

I think anytime you have guards you have a chance. It'll be interesting tomorrow. I think our guys will be motivated for Coach Barbee.

Run was fun, but it is ending tomorrow. We have maybe a .00001 chance to beat Kentucky and that is being kind. Only chance is jack up a whole bunch of threes and shoot about 50%. Granger is out now out, one of our guys that actually has height. He deserves to be out. Mickey would of destroyed him IMO if they had actually fought.

Line up will be:
C: Bowers
PF: Canada or Thompson
SG: Harrell
SG: Mason or Lang
PG: K.C.

That is not going to work vs Kentucky lulz. Bowers is probably 6'5 or 6'6 and that will be our tallest player unless Thompson or Reed is on the floor. Reed is 7'2 but has not seen playing time for a couple weeks now and just is not very good right now.

About Harrell. You lead the conference in 3 points made, 3 point percentage and PPG you should be in. He is one of the top 9 players (that is how many they put in). If they just name 5 I would of understood him being left out.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:56 PM
4 games in 4 days vs UK ' S depth will pose a challenge indeed.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Reed is just not ready to contribute this year. Too thin. Too raw. I'm surprised at how ineffective Bowers was last time vs UK.

Bubba
03-13-2015, 07:14 PM
wiping the floor with vols........

joehogjoe
03-13-2015, 11:38 PM
I missed 2/3 of the game. Had important stuff to do.

Now if Georgia and South Carolina can play to a series of OT's, 4 or 5 would be fine.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 11:50 PM
well Mann got hurt. Can we play a game without an injury? LOL

JRS
03-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Well ****. Gratz mutts.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 12:16 AM
good game SC...>Glad we pulled that one out

Bubba
03-14-2015, 12:36 AM
man oh man. i didnt wanna see UGA again... here we go...

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Arkansas looked pretty solid tonight. I guess we will see if we can beat them on a neutral floor

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 01:17 AM

Don't fear anyone.

GDawg88
03-14-2015, 01:19 AM
We're pretty beat up. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 01:22 AM

You should always expect your team to find a way.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 01:23 AM

G,

I got a question for you. Many UGA fans are saying we should sit Gaines, Mann, and Parker tomorrow to rest for the NCAAs, what do you think?

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 01:29 AM
G,

I got a question for you. Many UGA fans are saying we should sit Gaines, Mann, and Parker tomorrow to rest for the NCAAs, what do you think?

Your fans that believe that are chicken sh**. What a retarded idea. There are no guarantees to win or lose so give it all you got now.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Your fans that believe that are chicken sh**. What a retarded idea. There are no guarantees to win or lose so give it all you got now.

Oh I am totally against it, I think it is damn stupid

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:02 AM
I understand you don't play a player who might be injured or potentially injured worse. But if your guys are medically cleared and not a liability they play
I'm sure they would want to.

Djshockley3
03-14-2015, 04:31 AM
What happened to Mann? I was at the game and could not tell. Thought it was cramps.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 04:55 AM
It was weird, he came across the top of the key and went down. They kept looking at the stability in his knee

Dawg in Dallas
03-14-2015, 08:35 AM
I think Mann has a knee issue. He didn't drive once after he came back in.

dnmuga93
03-14-2015, 09:06 AM
I think Mann got hurt originally when he drove and got caught under the basket by 2 SC defenders. It happened about 5-7 minutes before he came off the floor.

He came up limping then. I also think Gaines aggravated his sore foot, but didn't look too serious. I sure would rather have had the semis at night; more rest time would have been helpful.

GDawg88
03-14-2015, 09:34 AM
G,

I think you play to win. Seeding is important, and beating Arkansas would help. Plus, you never know what could happen against Kentucky, should we make it to the final.

Bubba
03-14-2015, 09:38 AM
No fear here joe. UGa is always stout when we play. They are due an upset.

I'm confident but we better show up.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Just like he said before the game at Rupp, Pearl says Auburn has no shot to beat Kentucky. I guess that's what he has to say to the media... that's not what he's saying behind closed doors though. I'm sure of that.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Well now Cinmeon Bowers is suspended too. We have to dominate inside now. This is a game where I hope we play Lee and Johnson quite a bit to rest our other bigs. Also we can play with four guards and still have a size advantage.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:22 PM
AUBURN is too chippy. Yesterday with LSU and now Ulis is getting it with them.

The Harrisons look good. Aaron shoots well in tourneys.

GDawg88
03-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Auburn is utterly overmatched without their two big boys. They might lose by 40 today, but it's still been a special weekend for them.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Ridiculous how everything is being called a foul. Both teams are in the bonus before the 13 min mark.

If this I'd how they want to call it the SEC final will have to be played on Monday.

Love these twins!!! Auburn is doubling and tripling inside so we are making our jumpers.

Bama_Man
03-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Dakari Johnson has slimmed down quite a bit, and you can tell it has really improved his overall game. Auburn is just so overmatched, its not even funny.

Bama_Man
03-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I also believe Tyler Ulis is the best pure PG on the UK roster, and the Harrison twins might be better off playing the 2-guard in the NBA.

Bama_Man
03-14-2015, 01:39 PM
But I dont think Auburn has been the only team getting chippy, Ulis got into Harrell's face first with no provocation.

I also didnt know that UK is the second tallest team in the United States, including the NBA. Only the Trail Blazers have a taller overall roster. WOW>

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Tyler Ulis! Two straight assists to WCS! What a crossover by Ulos. Then he got an offensive reb and dish to WCS.

Love having 2 great PGs. That's been a difference today. Andrew is better but Ulis is really good also. Hawkins may have to play with Andrew's two fouls.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Auburn is utterly overmatched without their two big boys. They might lose by 40 today, but it's still been a special weekend for them.

Yeah they are overmatched. Ya'll should go as easy on us tomorrow.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Our guys can't just jog back. Come on! Compete!!!!

KAT seems off today, too

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:46 PM

KAT seems off today, too

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Man, I don't know of KAT or WCS blocker that shot but I love how Lyles converts it to pts within five seconds by running the court! I do wish only one guy would attempt that block. It leaves a potential rebound for Auburn.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Yeah they are overmatched. Ya'll should go as easy on us tomorrow.What an arrogant assumption.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Joe, you're right we still haven't beaten Auburn yet.

If Ark gers there I hope the same thing. I said UGA bc I'm talking to a UGA fan.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 01:52 PM
What an arrogant assumption.

Don't sound so surprised...lol

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Good first half from everybody besides our centers. KAT never got on track. Auburn is bringing a hoard of defenders, as many as 3 or 4 when the ball gets inside. We need to pass out of it, reverse the bal, repost, re-enter the ball inside.

Good to see WCS hitting his J today. Glad he's showing off his full game, as he said he needed to get right before this tourney.

Andrew is so important. Anybody that says he's not our top poin tguard isn't watching the game. Cal played him with two fouls for about 6 minutes and that's not something we ever do. He's just controlled teh game. His twin is shooting lights out in this tourney. He's the best tournament shooter we've had in a generation at UK.

Ulis has definitely controlled the game on defense today. He's not letting Auburn's guard turn teh corner on screens, and even without screens people can't get past him easily. Love having him here. Just another dimension, and unlike other people, I'm glad he's the biggest supporter of Andrew on this team. (He supports Andrew more than Aaron does from what Cal says).

Trey Lyles is getting posted quite a bit, and he's been our back to the basket post offense today. He's converted two and ones today.

Lee just couldn't get it going with the two quick fouls. Glad Cal put him back in at the end to say "we've got confidence in you."

Booker seems somewhat hesitant on his shots, but he'll be fine. Love the size he gives us. He (and Aaron) allow us to play smaller by putting one of them at the 3 if need be to matchup better.

HogFan4Ever
03-14-2015, 02:30 PM
What an arrogant assumption.
Maybe so, but UGA actually played UK close this year, unlike the Razorbacks. If the Hogs play UGA like they have been playing these last few games they will lose today.

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
I want to tip my cap to the Auburn Tigers on the run in the SECT they are having. Impressed by your performances in the first few rounds. I'm interested to see how the Tigers will fare against Kentucky.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
True. Arkansas is a pretty good match up for us. They wanna play fast and we don't turn the ball over, which Arkansas needs ppl to do. UGA is just tough, and Fox is a better coach. He always does something different vs us.

VandyChuck
03-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Why does WCS have to taunt the poor Auburn backup after dunking on him and being up by 25? A bit classless, IMO. Act like you've dunked before.

XPS
03-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Why does WCS have to taunt the poor Auburn backup after dunking on him and being up by 25? A bit classless, IMO. Act like you've dunked before.

Why does a Vandy fan care for is a better question????? Enjoying the game Chuck.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Maybe so, but UGA actually played UK close this year, unlike the Razorbacks. If the Hogs play UGA like they have been playing these last few games they will lose today.So what. We had won 4 of the last 5 meetings. UK had serious motivation against us. Georgia did not have quite the target.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Everybody does that, Chuck. Auburn just hasn't dunked today to prove it.

If that's your biggest complaint we are doing fine.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Why does WCS have to taunt the poor Auburn backup after dunking on him and being up by 25? A bit classless, IMO. Act like you've dunked before.He's got neck tattoos what do you expect?

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:49 PM
So what. We had won 4 of the last 5 meetings. UK had serious motivation against us. Georgia did not have quite the target.
Yeah right. Our guys respect UGA. That was our lowest % to win game. We were motivated. The fact we dominated Arkansas before that game probably helped UGA.

VandyChuck
03-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Coach Stallings would have KILLED him. Class first at Vanderbilt (in more ways than one)! YESSSIR

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:50 PM
He's got neck tattoos what do you expect?
He also donates his time visiting the sick often. Be careful who you judge. You don't know him.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Coach Stallings would have KILLED him. Class first at Vanderbilt (in more ways than one)! YESSSIR

Thats why he cussed out players???? Class... I call it trash. Don't confuse the two Chuck.

You've got former players writing books about how unclassified your program is.

Get serious.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:52 PM
That statistic was bull***j. Some retard at espn came up with that. It's was not statistically sound.

XPS
He's got neck tattoos what do you expect?

Stallings told Baldwin he was going to kill him I wonder if Stallings has a neck tattoo?

xAuBuRn
Congrats UK, just better everywhere.

This was he most fun I have had watching basketball since 99.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:53 PM
He also donates his time visiting the sick often. Be careful who you judge. You don't know him.

He has a neck tattoo, that says he has made one really bad decision. No one will ever tell him that looks lovely.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Stallings told Baldwin he was going to kill him I wonder if Stallings has a neck tattoo?He's stupid but not in the way wcs was. People will forget Stallings comments.

Bama_Man
03-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Maybe so, but UGA actually played UK close this year, unlike the Razorbacks. If the Hogs play UGA like they have been playing these last few games they will lose today.

Dude Arkansas KILLED Tenn., ran thru them like a buzzsaw. What game were you watching?

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:00 PM
He's stupid but not in the way wcs was. People will forget Stallings comments.

True because they'll be like whose Stallings? Everybody knows All-American WCS.

Bama_Man
03-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Even when making pro-UK comments I get ignored LOL, i.e. the comment about how much better a player Dakari Johnson has became since he lost the excess weight.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:02 PM
WCS has been SEC Player if the Year hood today!!

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 03:02 PM
All American?

VandyChuck
03-14-2015, 03:04 PM
WCS has been SEC Player if the Year hood today!!

He's been 'hood' alright.

He reaches double figures against a team without a player over 6'5" and he's SEC POY. LMAO.

Portis proved why he was POY yesterday.

GoDores
03-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Even when making pro-UK comments I get ignored LOL, i.e. the comment about how much better a player Dakari Johnson has became since he lost the excess weight.

Nobody wants to read pro-UK comments...c'mon now.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:12 PM
All American?

You're living under a rock if you didn't know that. Go look it up.

Plus he's on the cover of Sports Illustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best cover boy I've ever seen. Might give some of those models a run. Lol jk

Bama_Man
Nobody wants to read pro-UK comments...c'mon now.

But I am such a UK hater and so ignorant about basketball, I figured I was off someone's ignore list if I said something positive about a UK player. Guess not lol

Bama_Man
WCS deserves to be an All-American, just not SEC POY.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 03:14 PM
I wanted UK to win because of Pearl. Pearl needed to light a lot of Menorahs to have had a prayers hope.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Arkansas might be a better match up for us but I hope UGA wins right now. Class program.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 03:19 PM
A win would be nice. Can we stay healthy for the entire game>? LOL

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Cal has been to 5 SEC finals in 6 years. Too bad Nerlens Noel went down with an injury in unlucky '13. Would be a perfect streak. Cal did that with a different starting center every year too, and a different starting point guard except these last two years. Impressive coaching job.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Charles Mann with another bump one minute in.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 03:47 PM
and Marcus Thornton goes down..jesus

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
UGA's offense has been lackluster so far. The lineup of guys in there may not be used to playing together honestly. Fortunate to only be down 3.

What does Gaines is available for emergency situations mean? There's a chance to play for a title on the line. This is emergency.

xAuBuRn
03-14-2015, 03:56 PM
UGA's offense has been lackluster so far. The lineup of guys in there may not be used to playing together honestly. Fortunate to only be down 3.

What does Gaines is available for emergency situations mean? There's a chance to play for a title on the line. This is emergency.

Both Arkansas and UGA do not have much of a chance vs Kentucky. Yes, the game will be much closer than the Auburn game. I would never root against my team, but if I was an Arkansas or UGA fan I would not mind losing today.

Herchel
03-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Both Arkansas and UGA do not have much of a chance vs Kentucky. Yes, the game will be much closer than the Auburn game. I would never root against my team, but if I was an Arkansas or UGA fan I would not mind losing today.
UGA played them pretty tough both times.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Luckily for us we will have Trey Lyles this time. The first time he had strep throat. The second time UGA rendered him useless, so he basically didn't play then either.

XPS
03-14-2015, 04:32 PM
according to Thomas Beisner, the Arkansas players rushed to UK’s tunnel to talk trash to Kentucky as they left the court today.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:19 PM
according to Thomas Beisner, the Arkansas players rushed to UK’s tunnel to talk trash to Kentucky as they left the court today.
Doesn't surprise me if it's true.

Storm
03-14-2015, 05:20 PM
That's a pretty smart thing to do......smh

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Well storm, when you know better you can do better.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
I didn't realize everybody else has 27 titles, while UK has the other 27. Let's hope for #28 for Big Blue.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 05:35 PM
according to Thomas Beisner, the Arkansas players rushed to UK’s tunnel to talk trash to Kentucky as they left the court today.bull sh**. According to my sources the UK players were trash talking the Hogs that UGA would win.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 05:39 PM

KAT seems off today, too

Man you got it wrong again. 1 vs 2 tomorrow. Win or lose Hogs get one more chance.

Everyone expects UK to win tomorrow. We'll almost everyone

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:40 PM
X, this is our last game that we could lose and still be okay. Better to lose or not?

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
It you guys want to lose tomorrow then you don't deserve to win the Ncaa.

Course the UK team isn't thinking that crap.

XPS
03-14-2015, 05:45 PM
X, this is our last game that we could lose and still be okay. Better to lose or not?

Win out KT. I'm glad Arkansas won UK will get to run run and run tomorrow...

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Cool, joe. It doesn't matter what I think or you think. I'm a fan. Obviously the players want to win them all.

Go ahead and start your thread for the game in a different thread. I'm done talking to you. Like the regular season, it worked well with a thread for Arkansas fans and A separate one for UK fans. I'll leave it at good luck and maybe see you around here next season if I don't leave or something else happens. (MK and Hogfanforever, I would love to keep you guys in this thread. It'll be fun hoops talk).

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Win out KT. I'm glad Arkansas won UK will get to run run and run tomorrow...
I agree. 7 wins from 40-0. U gotta win them all at this point if you can. I'm hoping any number of our guys take offense to the coach's and media's notion that we won't have the best player on the court. Motivation. You know Cal is all over that one.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Cool, joe. It doesn't matter what I think or you think. I'm a fan. Obviously the players want to win them all.

Go ahead and start your thread for the game in a different thread. I'm done talking to you. Like the regular season, it worked well with a thread for Arkansas fans and A separate one for UK fans. I'll leave it at good luck and maybe see you around here next season if I don't leave or something else happens. (MK and Hogfanforever, I would love to keep you guys in this thread. It'll be fun hoops talk).

I don't give a crap what you do. You're not the basketball guru you think. The only think you got right was how good UK was and he'll we've been talking undefeated for 3 seasons now. You thought florida. WRONG, you agreed with XPS about SC, WRONG, you said Georgia would be #2, WRONG, you implied our team had no class, WRONG. Be done with me, no skin off my nose. Good luck tomorrow and the NCAA. Despite you I'll only wish for UK to lose tomorrow or should we match up in the NCAA.

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Congrats to Kentucky and Arkansas on advancing to the SECT Finals. :rnt:

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 07:22 PM
I'll be happy either way bro. You're a great person and I'd be happy for you if yall did. You should come over to the good side and be a UK fan tho. Lol

Who you got tomorrow? Doubt UK just runs roughshod like last time.

GoDores
03-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Kentucky by 7.

I think Arkansas keeps it close but Kentucky ices it late.

XPS
03-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Early line is 13

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Early line is 13 That is low considering the avg. margin of victory UK has.

XPS
03-14-2015, 08:48 PM
That is low considering the avg. margin of victory UK has.

I thought that was high myself- the hogs will pull out all of the guns tomorrow Joe. If it wasn't enough UK is undeafted and playing for the SEC championship, the embarrassment the Hogs had to endure at Rupp on national TV will be motivation enough to go balls out. I hope UK goes balls out to.

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 08:48 PM
KT, I expect Kentucky to take the title. The Wildcats are just playing too good a bball right now to be beat. Arkansas could win, but IMO it would take catching Kentucky off-guard and probably some luck. Anything is possible, though. Knowing Coach Cal, he'll have his kids angry and ready to play because they want the #1 overall seed.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 09:01 PM
We are already the overall #1. The NCAA released that today!

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 09:18 PM

Congrats! UK deserves the overall #1. Cal and the kids still want that SECT trophy! Anything else and I'd believe they would be largely disappointed.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 10:24 PM

I have no problem with that.

SCgamecock2988
03-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Why would anyone be surprised? I could have told you that weeks ago UK would be the #1 overall seed.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Congrats! UK deserves the overall #1. Cal and the kids still want that SECT trophy! Anything else and I'd believe they would be largely disappointed.

Yeah Cal wants it because he wants an undefeated season. He wrote his second most recent book that I am currently reading from 6 years ago.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Game time. Go Cats!!!!

joehogjoe
03-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Use the dedicated game thread please.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:06 PM
what an ovation for WCS!!!!! Better than even Cal's!

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Guys can't be so indecisive when they get the ball inside. Just go make your move. Don't give them a second to recover on D.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Guys can't be so indecisive when they get the ball inside. Just go make your move. Don't give them a second to recover on D.

Refs are showing they're only calling fouls one way. Ark is putting two hands on our guy's back... no call.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Both teams are making shots. Whoever goes cold will lose this one.

Refs can't be awarding flops like earlier tho.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 01:45 PM
We are doing well. Everybody has scored save Lyles. Pretty good to be up 12 with our poor defensive rebounding and battling all these whistles.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 02:00 PM
WCS has come to play. He's had the highlight plays. Plus 7 rebounds. The team should win MVP but WCS would be my pick with Aaron being 1B if we win the title.

What about the job Ulis did because the refs called two fouls on Andrew.

Guys are just over passing. We should have 3 more baskets but guys are being too unselfish.

What shooting by the twins. They are so undervalued nationally. They have come to play all tourney.

Lee gave us 4 good minutes after the first media timeout. He crashed the glass.

XPS
03-15-2015, 02:03 PM
Please keep pressing Arkansas I love the pace of this game.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 02:05 PM
This game is far from over. Arkansas gets the ball first and will look to make a push. Foul trouble could derail us.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Please keep pressing Arkansas I love the pace of this game.
Thats what I said last game. We play the run game better than them.

I do think teams that run can beat us if they can make transition 3s. Ark isn't hitting many threes atm so we are able to overwhelm them with our size.

XPS
03-15-2015, 02:08 PM
This game is far from over. Arkansas gets the ball first and will look to make a push. Foul trouble could derail us.

Foul trouble should never hurt us.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 02:10 PM
XPS, did you not see the fouls they were calling in the first half. Both Andrew and Karl have two fouls. If the refs continue to insert themselves into this game foul trouble could be an issue, and I don't just mean from a depth perspective (obviously we have talent to go to in a pinch), but if Arkansas is back in the bonus with 9 or 10 minutes left in the half, who says they can't use our foul trouble to eek out a win.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 03:09 PM
I love Willie and I love those twins.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 03:19 PM
28 SEC Tournament Championships!!! Same as my age!

Glad for Willie. Our only non McDonald's guy. Willie got right alright. Think he had motivation today! The twins are so oft-maligned. They did it today! Aaron was all tourney last year, too. Maybe we don't have the best player, but I'm glad we've got these players!

Herchel
03-15-2015, 04:22 PM
28 SEC Tournament Championships!!! Same as my age!

Glad for Willie. Our only non McDonald's guy. Willie got right alright. Think he had motivation today! The twins are so oft-maligned. They did it today! Aaron was all tourney last year, too. Maybe we don't have the best player, but I'm glad we've got these players!
I was 28 in 1975. :)

Dawg in Dallas
03-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Congrats Kentucky...

Bubba
03-15-2015, 05:07 PM
congrats UK. we had a chance. we fought. we didnt have enough.