Kenny Gaines injured [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Gaines injured

Djshockley3
03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Can UGA catch a break? Saying he might have fractured his foot in practice yesterday. :banghead::facepalm:

kentubbybasketball
03-06-2015, 12:12 PM
That's just terrible. If it's anything like Alex Poythress' injury, that will shake up the team emotionally. Those guys are all tight and have gone to battle together. Gaines in particular is a leader and his three point shooting is key. When UGA has good shooting nights, it's typically because of him.

There's not an easy replacement for him either. I think ultimately Parker is a very talented player. Probably more God-given talent than Gaines, but injuries have hurt him some. Maybe he can step up some. I think this will lead to Maten playing more. UGA could go exceptionally bigger with Djurisic at the 3 I suppose, but that leaves little depth on the interior.

Luckily, UGA is a NCAAT lock at this point. Hate this news.

joehogjoe
03-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear this and so late in the season.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Herchel
03-06-2015, 12:44 PM
That's just terrible. If it's anything like Alex Poythress' injury, that will shake up the team emotionally. Those guys are all tight and have gone to battle together. Gaines in particular is a leader and his three point shooting is key. When UGA has good shooting nights, it's typically because of him.

There's not an easy replacement for him either. I think ultimately Parker is a very talented player. Probably more God-given talent than Gaines, but injuries have hurt him some. Maybe he can step up some. I think this will lead to Maten playing more. UGA could go exceptionally bigger with Djurisic at the 3 I suppose, but that leaves little depth on the interior.

Luckily, UGA is a NCAAT lock at this point. Hate this news.
We don't have much depth at guard. Frazier and Mann will be playing close to 40 minutes.

Djshockley3
03-06-2015, 02:07 PM
It might not as serious as the rumors were saying. Have to wait on what Fox says today though.

Update:Fox says its a slightly sprained ankle and he will travel to Auburn and could play.

Man that's good news.

MissKitty
03-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Great news! I'm happy to hear it's not serious.