Championship Week(s) 2015 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Championship Week(s) 2015

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2015, 02:55 PM
I love the two weeks that make up championship week. It kicked off last night. Here's a thread for it. We can a do separate thread for the SEC Tournament.

I'm looking forward to watching Murray State win the OVC Tourney hopefully. What other ones excite you.

GoDores
03-04-2015, 03:42 PM
A10- But it kills me that VCU lost a key player in Weber a few weeks ago. VCU really looked like it had things coming together this year and might have been able to make a run in the tourney. Some say Davidson may be able to make some noise. Dayton could be back and made noise last year.

MVC- want the Wichita/No. Iowa rubber match.

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Murray St should run through the OVC. The A-10 is going to be something fun.....Davidson, VCU, Rhode Island, Dayton are all contenders. St. bonaventure had some big wins too so they could steal the bid if they get hot. All bubble teams want a WSU/UNI rematch also

GoDores
03-04-2015, 04:39 PM
I was watching this game about a week ago, watch the ending to regulation here.. from about 20 seconds in to 40 seconds in. If every game in March could have something like this happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYoUCyLVoYA

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 05:15 PM
man i saw that thing live. the ending was crazy and it all started with missed FTs from Richmond, but the end of regulation and both OTs were awesome. Graham hit a deep *** 3 to tie that game.

MKfromPA
03-04-2015, 07:17 PM
This year the NEC Tournament interests me. Local team in Robert Morris is the #2 seed who plays Wagner at home tonight. I think RMU can make a deep run and maybe sneak into the NCAAT with the auto bid if they can knock off the other top seeds in St. Francis (NY), Bryant, and Mount St. Mary's.

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Ked, I know you're a Pitt guy so Robert Morris is like my Murray State. Bobby MO as they call it usually makes the NIT because they win the NEC. They fell back some this year.

What about that ACCT tournament? Pitt has to win two games at least imo.

MKfromPA
03-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Right on about Bobby MO, KT. The Colonials did struggle this year and regressed a little bit. Definitely lost some games they should've won. I'm surprised that SFU (NY) handily won the NEC. This is their first conference title since 2003-2004 when they shared with Monmouth. Might be difficult to take them down. The good news about this tournament is it is played on campus sites. RMU doesn't have much of a home court advantage, so I don't know how much being home for 1-2 games will help.

I'm with you on Pitt. Have to win tonight & Saturday at Florida State. No question. First game in the ACCT will probably be against a bottom team like Wake Forest, Boston College or Virginia Tech. But Pittsburgh really needs to beat teams like Virginia, Duke, Louisville, UNC to have a chance. Maybe if they beat 2 of those they have a chance. The way the Panthers have played.... not so sure they could beat any right now.

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 08:00 PM
I could see upsets in the NEC. Bryant down 8 at the half and the "Mount" also trail at the half at home

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 08:58 PM
4 seed in NEC Mt. St. Mary's goes down by 15 at home to 5 seed St. Francis

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 09:11 PM
6 seed Sacred Heart just forced a 2nd OT vs 3 seed Bryant in NEC tourney! March basketball!

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Right on about Bobby MO, KT. The Colonials did struggle this year and regressed a little bit. Definitely lost some games they should've won. I'm surprised that SFU (NY) handily won the NEC. This is their first conference title since 2003-2004 when they shared with Monmouth. Might be difficult to take them down. The good news about this tournament is it is played on campus sites. RMU doesn't have much of a home court advantage, so I don't know how much being home for 1-2 games will help.

I'm with you on Pitt. Have to win tonight & Saturday at Florida State. No question. First game in the ACCT will probably be against a bottom team like Wake Forest, Boston College or Virginia Tech. But Pittsburgh really needs to beat teams like Virginia, Duke, Louisville, UNC to have a chance. Maybe if they beat 2 of those they have a chance. The way the Panthers have played.... not so sure they could beat any right now.

RMU doesn't have a home court advantage? You'd fool a UK fan, bro.

Rough game vs Wake over the weekend for Pitt. The offense has shown signs at times. Tough fit for Pitt in the ACCT in general imo.

MKfromPA
03-05-2015, 03:27 PM
I could see upsets in the NEC. Bryant down 8 at the half and the "Mount" also trail at the half at home

Yeah I agree. The Mount went down last night. I think Bryant could give RMU a tough time. I believe the two schools split their regular season match ups.

RMU doesn't have a home court advantage? You'd fool a UK fan, bro.

Rough game vs Wake over the weekend for Pitt. The offense has shown signs at times. Tough fit for Pitt in the ACCT in general imo.

Ha. I know, the First Round NIT game, RMU vs. UK... I think you said it best on the previous page. This year's edition of RMU is not as strong as that team that upset UK.

Agree about Pitt. Last night's lost was the final nail for an at-large chance, IMO. Only way the Panthers can reach the dance is to win the ACCT. The way they are playing that does not look likely. No question they will be in the NIT, though. But who wants to settle for that when Jamie Dixon's team has demonstrated flashes of greatness this season. It's too bad they faltered at the most inopportune time.

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Or the team that clipped St. John's the next year.

Pity will be a one or two seed NIT team likely with how they're seeding that now. That ACCT is brutal to gain upward movement. Kudos to Mark Gottfried for how he's staying afloat honestly. That said Dixon did it when the Big East was just as tough.

MKfromPA
03-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Agree. Pitt will likely host 1-2 games. The good news is if they are successful in the NIT they could return to NYC, which would be great for recruiting. The Panthers have(had) a strong NY/NJ pipeline. That has seemed to dwindle since Barry Rohrson left.

I do believe the ACC will get 6 teams in. Right now NC State looks like it will be them. Miami (FL) still has a shot, but they need very much to go right for them. Probably a trip to the semis in the ACCT to have a legitimate case.

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2015, 05:10 PM
I think Miami is done. Too much up and down this year. They have elite wins and terrible losses. The definition of mediocre. I think Pitt is better altho Miami at its best is maybe more prolific than Pitt.

GoDores
03-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Davidson - 27 pointer hung on VCU. Statement made. It got my attention.

Dawgilicious
03-06-2015, 12:53 AM
VCU just isnt the same without Weber. They are going to be an early exit

Dawgilicious
03-06-2015, 05:09 AM
A-Sun title game is set: #1 seed North Florida will host #3 seed USC-Upstate.

UNF won at Purdue this year and has played SC, FSU, Iowa, Northwestern, UNI and Alabama. So if they win the A-Sun they will not be intimidated or an easy out. It will be an interesting game because USC-Upstate swept the season series vs UNF (which are the only conf losses for the Ospreys)

kentubbybasketball
03-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Tough loss for FGCU. Many said it could be Dunk City 2 this year.

Dawgilicious
03-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Big South has a cinderella going. 9 seed Longwood beat the 8th seed in the 1st round and today upset #1 seed Charleston Southern today to make it to the semi finals

MKfromPA
03-06-2015, 03:27 PM
I think Miami is done. Too much up and down this year. They have elite wins and terrible losses. The definition of mediocre. I think Pitt is better altho Miami at its best is maybe more prolific than Pitt.

True about inconsistency. I'm not sure how the committee will view them. A question is, do "great" wins carry more weight than "bad" losses? I will give the Hurricanes much credit for the winning the other night. They played with 2 of their better, if not best, players, on the road in a hostile environment and came out with a win. Could be a big boost.

Tonight I'll be pulling for your Murray State Racers against Morehead State. It'll be an interesting game but I expect Murray to return to the final.

MKfromPA
03-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Big South has a cinderella going. 9 seed Longwood beat the 8th seed in the 1st round and today upset #1 seed Charleston Southern today to make it to the semi finals

Wow. And this is the same Longwood team that's been awful for as long as I can remember. Good for them. I hope they win the Big South Tournament.

Dawgilicious
03-06-2015, 08:33 PM
2 seed in the Big South is upset by the 7 seed. Semi finals consist of the 5, 7, and 9 seeds. March Madness has begun!

Dawgilicious
03-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Yale beats Harvard to clinch a share of the Ivy. If Yale wins out they will get the NCAA berth.

Remember the Ivy league does not have a conference tournament. Would be a blow to not see Harvard in the NCAAs with the talent on that team

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Great effort by Yale. Harvard has been missing some all year.

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 04:06 PM
KT, congrats to Murray State on advancing to the OVC Final. The longest winning streak in the nation rolls on!

Dawgilicious
03-07-2015, 04:19 PM
KT, congrats to Murray State on advancing to the OVC Final. The longest winning streak in the nation rolls on!

Did you forget UK has the longest winning streak? LOL

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks, bro. They have the second longest winning streak. You gotta watch the OVC Final man. That's going to be good with Belmont. Murray is better, but it's a defacto home game for Belmont in Nashville. We didn't look great last night vs Morehead either.

This is similar to the 2012 season where Murray was on a 20 + game winning streak with Isaiah Canaan, while UK was also rolling. It's fun for me when both teams are doing great. Murray being my alma mater!!!!

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Did you forget UK has the longest winning streak? LOL

Yes. :lol: Thank you for the correction.

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks, bro. They have the second longest winning streak. You gotta watch the OVC Final man. That's going to be good with Belmont. Murray is better, but it's a defacto home game for Belmont in Nashville. We didn't look great last night vs Morehead either.

This is similar to the 2012 season where Murray was on a 20 + game winning streak with Isaiah Canaan, while UK was also rolling. It's fun for me when both teams are doing great. Murray being my alma mater!!!!

Definitely will tune in. Love Championship Week and all the conference tournaments. IMO one of the greatest weeks in college basketball.

Did see that Murray blew an 11 or 12 point lead last night. I think they know that can't happen against Belmont. Really happy for you that Murray is having a great year. I'll cross my fingers for an OVC Champ for the Racers!

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Mine are crossed for a number of reasons.

First, I obviously want to win. Secondly, if we don't win, I doubt we are an at large. Third, Coach Prohm is probably leaving this year, so we gotta end of his tenure well. He could have gone to Mississippi State when Ric Ray got that job, but fortunately he stayed. Lastly, I don't like Belmont. They are an old NAIA rival to the other school I went to, Freed Hardeman University.

Dawgilicious
03-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Illnois State upsets Wichita State in the Valley semis. A lot of bubble teams are hoping UNI wins the title now

Dawgilicious
03-07-2015, 04:52 PM
And no, Murray State is not going to be an at-large so they have to win the tourney title. They are the better team, but it is March so you never know

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I just hate there won't be another rubber match between UNI and WSU. That was the dream final.

Illinois State though is like Stony Brook. They have more bad luck in Arch Madness than anybody. How many finals have they lost dating back to Tim Jankovich's tenure? UNI is going to slow that title game to a halt, and if ISU is efficient with their offense, they have a shot.

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Real true about ISU, KT. The ball has not bounced their way in the MVC Final lately. This could be a great bid thief story as the Redbirds are on a 6-game winning streak and right now playing good basketball. With all the upsets we've seen so far, I'm wondering if it is a vision of events to come, that this year the bubble will shrink more due to teams "stealing" bids. We'll see and find out.

RMU beats Bryant. On to face St. Francis (NY) in the NEC Final on Tuesday. Looking forward to that one.

In other leagues, I'm kind of looking to following the MAC Tournament because of Buffalo. Have a lot of family that are alumni, including my brother. None of them follow the school's sports closely, though. I don't believe the Bulls are favored - that must be Central Michigan or Kent State - but they have a better team this year than in years past and can make a shot at the auto bid.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Robert Morris is always in the discussion. Happy for yo, bro.

I haven't kept up with the MAC much. I watched some of Kent State-Akron last night. The league champ has 5 losses. Typical MAC lol.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Game time for the OVC title: Go Racers! Belmont's ability to shoot is bothersome.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Clear contrast in how Murray wants to play and how Belmont does. Murray needs to take advantage of Cam Payne's driving ability and pound it inside to Williams and Fairell, and Belmont wants to shoot it. The issue is we have two or three turnovers before the first media timeout, and Belmont has three offensive boards. No way they should be taking us to the woodshed on rebounding. That's our advantage.

MKfromPA
03-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Robert Morris is always in the discussion. Happy for yo, bro.

I haven't kept up with the MAC much. I watched some of Kent State-Akron last night. The league champ has 5 losses. Typical MAC lol.

Buffalo is an interesting profile. I don't know that they are quite worthy of an at-large bid. The numbers are intriguing, though:

RPI: 34
SOS: 72
Record: 21-9

0-4 vs. RPI Top 50; 5-5 vs. RPI Top 100 (Wins are Bowling Green x2, Kent State x2 & South Dakota)

10-7 road/neutral record

Probably not bubble discussion worthy, but not bad for a MAC school.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 07:47 PM
What a fun game to watch. I'm a Murray State fan and I can't even remember us ever shooting like this. This is a high scoring game with a combined 90 points and the defense hasn't been terrible either way. It's just better offense. Settling for threes doesn't need to be our only offense though. I love what TJ Sapp is doing with his 19 pts. We have got to box somebody out on the rebounds. Belmont is breaking our back on offensive rebound putbacks.

Cam Payne needs to settle himself down some.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Buffalo is an interesting profile. I don't know that they are quite worthy of an at-large bid. The numbers are intriguing, though:

RPI: 34
SOS: 72
Record: 21-9

0-4 vs. RPI Top 50; 5-5 vs. RPI Top 100 (Wins are Bowling Green x2, Kent State x2 & South Dakota)

10-7 road/neutral record

Probably not bubble discussion worthy, but not bad for a MAC school.

You wouldn't think their RPI would be that low given how high their SOS is relatively speaking.

GoDores
03-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Haven't heard any talk about it, but I assume Murray has no shot at an at large birth?

Have to keep an eye on the NIT slots getting eaten up.

GoDores
03-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Belmont with a 25 footer March miracle and the first ticket is punched.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Tough loss for Murray. 3.2 seconds away. Taylor Barnette banked in a three, and then hit the game winner at 3.2 seconds. That was out of NBA range.

We had a rebound, too up 2 points, and we turned it over, setting up Belmont's game winner.

Let's go win the NIT, Go Racers!

Congrats on Belmont on being the first team in the NCAAT field. They'll be tough for somebody with the way they can hit the three. They'd likely be a 15 seed or 16 seed.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Illinois St doesn't still a bid in losing to Northern Iowa, who will be a tough out in the NCAAT. They had only 3 turnovers. Huge for a program that almost left D-1.

Good To See Cliff Ellis win the Big South tourney again, too.

North Florida takes advantage of home court and wins the A-Sun. What a crows that was for them.

MKfromPA
03-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Sorry about the loss, KT. Murray is going to be dangerous in the NIT. Whomever they play, I know that.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 05:12 PM
It happens, Ked. We knew what we had to do.

MKfromPA
03-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Well, maybe you can have an NCAA Champ & an NIT Champ. :)

Iona up on Monmouth (NJ) by 12 at the half in the MAAC semifinals. St. Peter's vs. Manhattan later tonight in the other matchup. I'd watch out for St. Peter's. Not too long ago they won the MAAC auto bid, pulling several upsets along the way. I think they were under .500 that season. Yesterday, the Peacocks upset Rider, the #2 seed.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2015, 05:47 PM
I think it'll be iona - Manhattan as usual.

Dawgilicious
03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Iona-Manhattan are the two best teams. Too much offense from Iona

CAA #1 seed William and Mary had to go to two OT to getg past 5th seed Hofstra. William and Mary still has never made the NCAAT

georgiaguy31015
03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
I love this week right here. The next 3-4 weeks are some of the best weeks in all of sports. I'm interested to see what Mercer can do and Georgia State too. I was hoping Northern Iowa would lose today and that Murray State game was a fun game to watch.

Dawgilicious
03-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Mercer is in a fight right now. Dont forget about Ga Southern....They might take out Ga State in the Sun Belt

georgiaguy31015
03-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Since Georgia State already beat them by 15 or so just a few days ago I'm not sure Southern can give them much of a run for their money but I guess anything can happen.

Dawgilicious
03-08-2015, 10:16 PM
They beat them about a month ago too. Won't be easy for GA State. UL-Monroe, and ULL will both be tough outs. I can see as many as 5 different teams winning that conference tourney

Dawgilicious
03-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Mercer can go play in the CBI....lol

10th seed Furman will play for a chance to go to the NCAAT. Furman has beaten the 2nd and 3rd seeds in back to back nights. 5 conf wins all season....3 in the Southern conf tourney

MKfromPA
03-09-2015, 02:12 PM
They beat them about a month ago too. Won't be easy for GA State. UL-Monroe, and ULL will both be tough outs. I can see as many as 5 different teams winning that conference tourney

Agree. The Sun Belt is an interesting league. I could also see WKU or Old Dominion claiming the auto bid. ODU is in Joe Lundari's "First Four Out" according to today's edition of Bracketology.

MissKitty
03-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Isn't WKU in CUSA now?

Dawgilicious
03-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Yes, they moved over to CUSA this season

Dawgilicious
03-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Northeastern leads #1 seed William and Mary by 10 at the half. N'eastern is 6-8 from three and would be an interesting NCAAT team with all their experience. They have 3 1,000 pt scorers and another guy that is 16 pts away from joining that group.

Dawgilicious
03-09-2015, 07:50 PM
SoCon going good too at the half. 10 seed Furman is tied with 1 seed Wofford 34-34 at the half

MKfromPA
03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Isn't WKU in CUSA now?

Yes, they moved over to CUSA this season

Thank you both for pointing that out. Sometimes feels like I am lost in space with all these schools switching conferences. :lol:

georgiaguy31015
03-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Stupid Mercer lol

Dawgilicious
03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Northeastern hit tons of threes to de-rail William and Mary and Wofford outlasted Furman to win the SoCon.

Wofford will not be an easy out, esp with Karl Cochran doing his work

MKfromPA
03-10-2015, 09:10 PM
RMU headed to the dance after holding on, 66-63, over St. Francis (NY)! The first (and probably only) Pittsburgh school to punch its ticket. Woooo! :towel:

GoDores
03-10-2015, 09:11 PM
First one to say it: I bet Kentucky as a one seed doesn't want to face Robert Morris in the first round. :)

Side note: did you see how close that guy was to drilling a 3/4 court shot and send it to OT. It almost went in a 2nd time too after it bounced straight up off the rim.

MKfromPA
03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Valpo over Green Bay, 54-44, to take the Horizon Championship.

Coppin State over Bethune-Cookman, 64-60, to kick off the MEAC Tournament.

kentubbybasketball
03-10-2015, 10:10 PM
RMU headed to the dance after holding on, 66-63, over St. Francis (NY)! The first (and probably only) Pittsburgh school to punch its ticket. Woooo! :towel:

Happy for you, ked. I root for Bobby Mo. Partially because of you and partially because I respect what they do. Kentucky two years ago. St. John's last year. Ya'll always beat somebody in the postseason.

But dude about fouling on a 3 with 2.4 secs left up 3? Fortunate St. Francis missed the FTs.

Dawgilicious
03-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Well they prob wont beat anybody this year unless they get in the play-in game....RMU vs UK 2.0?????

kentubbybasketball
03-10-2015, 10:20 PM
What am I missing here? 2.0???? Wouldn't it be 3.0? Keep up with what's going on.

Ked, what a crowd that was at St. Francis. That was not easy.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 04:24 PM
A half court heave as time expired lifted 10th seeded FIU over 7 seed UTSA in the 1st round of the CUSA tourney.....What a way to lose to end your season

MKfromPA
03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Happy for you, ked. I root for Bobby Mo. Partially because of you and partially because I respect what they do. Kentucky two years ago. St. John's last year. Ya'll always beat somebody in the postseason.

But dude about fouling on a 3 with 2.4 secs left up 3? Fortunate St. Francis missed the FTs.

Thanks, KT. Means very much. RMU is an interesting story. This was the first NEC Tournament Title for coach Andy Toole. First NCAA appearance for the Colonials since 2010. Toole is receiving a lot of praise and support for the way he acted following the win last night. The man was extremely composed after the clock hit triple zeroes. Instead of raising his arms towards the sky and grinning from ear to ear, he walked to center court to shake SFU players and coaches' hands. Class move by Toole. I wish him and RMU well in the dance. It would be a cool story if somehow they could pull a second round upset, or win one of the play-in games, if applicable.

Agree with you about fouling with 3 seconds left. Yikes! It was serious luck St. Francis (NY) missed all three free throws, and even more luck the half-court heave missed. Wow. RMU was extremely fortunate. Next time they had better finish the game instead of leaving the door open.

What am I missing here? 2.0???? Wouldn't it be 3.0? Keep up with what's going on.

Ked, what a crowd that was at St. Francis. That was not easy.

I heard the capacity of SFU's gym is around 900. The crowd did an absolutely fantastic job of creating an intimidating atmosphere. I think they made it real hard on RMU, as evidence by SFU's strong comeback near the end. Tough way for them to go out. Would've been their first NCAAT berth in school history.

You are right about possible 3.0. The NIT game was 1.0, the regular season meeting between RMU and UK was 2.0, so any subsequent meeting is 3.0.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 04:37 PM
2.0 in the postseason genius

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 04:55 PM
what an off year for New Mexico, mainly for a ton of injuries. But they are being ousted by AFA in the 1st game of the MWC tourney.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 07:15 PM
2.0 in the postseason genius
3.0 genius. As a math teacher I might need to teach you about how to count.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks, KT. Means very much. RMU is an interesting story. This was the first NEC Tournament Title for coach Andy Toole. First NCAA appearance for the Colonials since 2010. Toole is receiving a lot of praise and support for the way he acted following the win last night. The man was extremely composed after the clock hit triple zeroes. Instead of raising his arms towards the sky and grinning from ear to ear, he walked to center court to shake SFU players and coaches' hands. Class move by Toole. I wish him and RMU well in the dance. It would be a cool story if somehow they could pull a second round upset, or win one of the play-in games, if applicable.

Agree with you about fouling with 3 seconds left. Yikes! It was serious luck St. Francis (NY) missed all three free throws, and even more luck the half-court heave missed. Wow. RMU was extremely fortunate. Next time they had better finish the game instead of leaving the door open.

I heard the capacity of SFU's gym is around 900. The crowd did an absolutely fantastic job of creating an intimidating atmosphere. I think they made it real hard on RMU, as evidence by SFU's strong comeback near the end. Tough way for them to go out. Would've been their first NCAAT berth in school history.

You are right about possible 3.0. The NIT game was 1.0, the regular season meeting between RMU and UK was 2.0, so any subsequent meeting is 3.0.
Yep. 3.0. I'd love to meet RMU. Definitely respect between the two programs since it's Cal home city school. Go RMU.

as for Toole. He's been an assistant there too under Mike Rice. He has won big in both roles.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 07:20 PM
3.0 genius. As a math teacher I might need to teach you about how to count.

Dont need to count...Its 2.0 in march and if Cal was so great why was he in the NIT?

Keep going over there and kissing RMU ass and sucking up to them.....I will laugh my ass off if Uk doesnt win the title....lol

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 07:23 PM
and if you really knew UK history you would actually know that it would be the 4th meeting between the schools.....I guess you aren't that much of a real basketball fan

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Dont need to count...Its 2.0 in march and if Cal was so great why was he in the NIT?

Keep going over there and kissing RMU ass and sucking up to them.....I will laugh my ass off if Uk doesnt win the title....lol

FUNNY!!! FUNNY! FUNNY! FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention, FUNNY!

That's some funny stuff there. How you feel about UK is irrelevant to me. It's not like you're Ked, GD88, XPS, ore GM32. Perhaps you're not astute enough to realize it, but I don't have any need to argue or discuss anything involving UK with you. So, laugh if you must. I won't care. Chances are UK won't win the title... if it's UK or the field, I'm taking the field too.

I mean, what do you want me to say about you laughing at a UK loss.. OUCH, how you feel really hurts my feelings.

Djshockley3
03-11-2015, 08:25 PM

That's some funny stuff there. How you feel about UK is irrelevant to me. It's not like you're Ked, GD88, XPS, ore GM32. Perhaps you're not astute enough to realize it, but I don't have any need to argue or discuss anything involving UK with you. So, laugh if you must. I won't care. Chances are UK won't win the title... if it's UK or the field, I'm taking the field too.

I mean, what do you want me to say about you laughing at a UK loss.. OUCH, how you feel really hurts my feelings.

Not including me on the list? That hurts. lol

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Dj, you too. You're my Laker brother. Sorry about the oversight.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Whitehead has single handedly ruined SHU season...Getting drilled by Marquette tonight. Hope he is happy and has fun on the bench in NBA next season

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Thats fine...You are a one trick pony, once March ends you disappear so that is alright too. Thats cool, go over and keep kissing up to them if you want, im not going to do that. GM is a quality dude and we have had good convos and so is MK, so have fun with that. You are the type of guy that wants to have people be on your side, but you don't like to look at truth and facts, but throw certain guys under, but if it makes you feel good then go ahead playa. Keep your efforts on improving the grade school kids in Kentucky cause we know they need the work

xAuBuRn
03-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Auburn just beat MSU in the first round. Nice to see a W again.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Auburn just beat MSU in the first round. Nice to see a W again.

Man that guy that got 16 for you tonight was doing some good work.....

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Lafayette wins the Patriot League over American

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Thats fine...You are a one trick pony, once March ends you disappear so that is alright too. Thats cool, go over and keep kissing up to them if you want, im not going to do that. GM is a quality dude and we have had good convos and so is MK, so have fun with that. You are the type of guy that wants to have people be on your side, but you don't like to look at truth and facts, but throw certain guys under, but if it makes you feel good then go ahead playa. Keep your efforts on improving the grade school kids in Kentucky cause we know they need the work
Ouch. Now that just sounds bitter.

You got one thing right. I don't have to concern myself with posters that I don't want to. GO and I rarely agree on basketball. X and I will never agree on Tubby Smith. I respect them though because they actually challenge my way of thinking and are intelligent. Same with the other guys. I guess we agree on that much.

I don't throw anybody under. It's a message board. You don't have to interact with everybody. You're too combative. I come here to have fun and talk hoops. The people who want to do that respectfully are the ones I interact with. Until you figure that out we really won't get along. I try to respect you and until that's returned we can function around each other here. It's that simple.

xAuBuRn
03-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Man that guy that got 16 for you tonight was doing some good work.....

Yea Thompson is usually terrible. He had like 4-5 3's made all year. He went 3-3. Some people think he may lose his scholarship. He is a former walk on. That game is going to make that decision tougher for sure.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Yea Thompson is usually terrible. He had like 4-5 3's made all year. He went 3-3. Some people think he may lose his scholarship. He is a former walk on. That game is going to make that decision tougher for sure.

Hell they kept leaving him open so he kept making them...lol....He must have a big class cause Auburn has like 4 or 5 seniors

xAuBuRn
03-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Hell they kept leaving him open so he kept making them...lol....He must have a big class cause Auburn has like 4 or 5 seniors

Yes most teams left him open and he would miss badly. They probably should of adjusted to that. We have 4 seniors I believe plus 4 signed and 1 more committed. We are still looking at 1-2 more guys also.

MKfromPA
03-12-2015, 05:42 PM

Call me crazy, but I'll take Kentucky in March 2015. The way this team is playing, I believe they are a legitimate threat to win the NCAAT. I would probably only change that view if the 'Cats perform poorly in the SECT beginning tomorrow afternoon.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Call me crazy, but I'll take Kentucky in March 2015. The way this team is playing, I believe they are a legitimate threat to win the NCAAT. I would probably only change that view if the 'Cats perform poorly in the SECT beginning tomorrow afternoon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm picking Kentucky to win the tournament. However, if it's 1 on 67, one of the 67 is likely to win over the one.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Gophers are on vs OSU. Go Gophers!

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Tough loss for Texas to be up 16 and see their NCAAT hopes possibly evaporate vs Iowa State.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 02:54 AM
Yeah im not into this back and forth bickering and fighting you seem to love so much, but you put names out like GM and I have been around to see you blast him before too so idk how much merit there is, but whatever. Go back to trying to teach those Kentucky kids something or maybe you can go help Murray St not choke their season away against a down belmont squad...hahahahaha

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 03:22 AM
Interesting. GM and I are friends outside of this board. We text from time to time even on holidays. Sure we both are guilty of blasting each other. We are both passionate and let it get the best of us sometimes. End of the day we have a mutual respect for each other.

Your insults are ridiculous. It only makes you look weak and attention-starved. It doesn't hurt my feelings, because it's not like we are friends. I'm not going to insult you in return, because it is useless. From this point forward I will just ignore your posts until you're ready to talk hoops and leave that zany stuff behind. You can private message me about whatever your problem is with ne, but stop making this board your playground for personal vendetta and scores to settle.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 03:44 AM
Friday should be an interesting day here:

Duke and Notre Dame in their 3rd game of the season
Ohio St and Mich St always play good games
Indiana-Maryland: Hoosiers trying to solidify their spot
Memphis-Temple: Temple on the bubble, cannot afford a loss to a mediocre Tigers team
Can Penn State keep their cinderella slipper on in the Big Ten tourney?
Richmond is on the bubble, a win over VCu enhances their chances
Can Kansas handle Baylor without Perry Ellis?
UNC and Virginia meet again in ACC semis
UCLA can basically nod their bid with a win over Arizona

Pretty fun friday day and night

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Tough loss for Richmond, they are prob NIT bound now. Would have loved to see Chris Mooney back in the NCAAs

Storm
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Wisconsin ended Michigan's run earlier today. I'm not usually one to complain about refs, but through 36 minutes of basketball, Wisconsin had a total of 4 fouls called on them. That's just ridiculous.

I'm holding out hope Michigan can get a NIT bid, if anything just for the extra practice time. But other than name recognition, I don't think they have that great a resume.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Storm, you haven't heard. Wisky never fouls. That's all announcers ever say.

Storm
03-13-2015, 06:08 PM
They get away with a lot. Refs really swallowed the whistle today. I guess the B1G didn't want their possible 1 seed being taken out by an 8. :lol:

Even Beilein got a technical called on him. That's how ridiculous it was.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Yeah I know. Speaking to the choir. BO Ryan runs the officials for whatever reason. Nobody complains like him.

Storm
03-13-2015, 06:20 PM
They scared of the Mad Scientist look.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Didnt catch the game so I will have to take your word for it....lol

I was just happy they smoked Illinois to knock them out of contention

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 08:56 PM
LA Tech with another conf tourney loss. For all of the love Mike White gets down at La Tech and he runs thru the conf, he still has yet to make the NCAAT with those teams that win a lot of games

Storm
03-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Didnt catch the game so I will have to take your word for it....lol

I was just happy they smoked Illinois to knock them out of contention

That game was fun to watch. Illinois fan base is very annoying. They think they are rivals with everybody.

Dawgilicious
03-13-2015, 10:59 PM
That game was fun to watch. Illinois fan base is very annoying. They think they are rivals with everybody.

dont like Michigan, but really dont like Illinois so let them not get into the tourney is nice

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 01:02 AM
Hadn't realized this interesting scenario in the SWAC tourney. So Texas Southern won their semi final game today and because the other two teams in the other semi final are ineligible for the NCAAs, Tx Southern gets the automatic bid without having to win the final.

joehogjoe
03-14-2015, 01:20 AM
Tough loss for Texas to be up 16 and see their NCAAT hopes possibly evaporate vs Iowa State.

Any time texas loses is a good thing. In any sport.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Doesn't seem like anybody is stealing bids but so many Bubble teams have looked bad this week. The SEC bubble teams might not be such bad shape.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 02:48 AM
I do wonder how that will play out. I cant think of the last time without a bid stealer. Do you think all the bubble losses could help a Murray St,etc....

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Tough way for Stony Brook to lose being up 8. Gave up too many offensive rebs from ft box outs. That Carson Pureifoy is a player tho.

GoDores
03-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Just when I think I've got the A10 figured out, VCU goes on a 40-12 run in the first half vs Davidson. +16 at half.

I really wish VCU was at full strength. Would be awesome to watch them in the tourney.

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm looking forward to Buffalo playing for a bid tonight against Central Michigan in the MAC Final. Bulls were under the radar this year, being they are a mid-major. I provided their profile on a previous page in this thread. Buffalo is not at-large worthy, but still an interesting team this year.

georgiaguy31015
03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
That Albany vs. Stony Brook game was a great game to watch. Just a question, why is Southern ineligible for the SWAC title?

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 03:57 PM
gguy, it's not uncommon for SWAC schools to have APR issues. It seems like at least a quarter or third of their league is always ineligible for postseason play due to the APR stuff.

georgiaguy31015
03-14-2015, 03:58 PM
That's what I wondered if it was APR issues or something else.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Wyoming shrinks the bubble.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Hurts Boise State too cause i dont think the MW will get 3 bids and they won the conf plus beat SDSU twice. Wonder who gets left out now and what if Uconn wins tomorrow, there goes another bubble team

Djshockley3
03-14-2015, 08:29 PM
LSU and Ole Miss are even more scared.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 08:36 PM
LSU and Ole Miss are even more scared.

There are a lot of them....Those two plus teams like Indiana, UCLA, Old Dominion, Tulsa, Temple.

If Uconn wins tomorrow stress will be even higher

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Wyoming shrinks the bubble.

Awesome. IMO Wyoming has a semi-decent team this year. They have a couple go-to playmakers, thus I believe they are capable of giving opponents a difficult time. Larry Nance is a heck of a talent. Reason they were not an at-large case is because their schedule was very weak, especially out-of-conference. UW has 2 wins over non-D1 schools. UW also lost a few games to miserable MWC schools like Utah State, Air Force, and Fresno State. New Mexico is pretty bad this year, too.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Awesome. IMO Wyoming has a semi-decent team this year. They have a couple go-to playmakers, thus I believe they are capable of giving opponents a difficult time. Larry Nance is a heck of a talent. Reason they were not an at-large case is because their schedule was very weak, especially out-of-conference. UW has 2 wins over non-D1 schools. UW also lost a few games to miserable MWC schools like Utah State, Air Force, and Fresno State. New Mexico is pretty bad this year, too.

They need to find a 3rd scorer cause their offense really shrinks when Nance is contained. I know they defend, but at some point you have to score. It took them almost 9 minutes to score their 1st point in the 2nd half, it helped that SDSU is just as inefficient on offense. Tough on D for sure

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 08:56 PM
They need to find a 3rd scorer cause their offense really shrinks when Nance is contained. I know they defend, but at some point you have to score. It took them almost 9 minutes to score their 1st point in the 2nd half, it helped that SDSU is just as inefficient on offense. Tough on D for sure

Great point there, Dawg. Reminds me of an interesting observation I will have come the NCAAT. I am wondering how well the schools that play suffocating defense will fare. e.g. Virginia, Wyoming, San Diego State, Northern Iowa, etc. If they fall behind in a game or the game is close deep into the second half, will they continue to play their game? If the opponent is trying to run them up and down the floor, will they go to that type of game?

Storm
03-14-2015, 09:00 PM
Wyoming's cheerleaders are on Oregon level......waa waa wee waa!!!!!!!!!

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 09:01 PM
I don't get it storm. Lol

Storm
03-14-2015, 09:03 PM
IMO, Oregon has the hottest cheerleaders in the nation, but from what little I saw of Wyoming, those girls were on par with Oregon. Just me being me. :lol:

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 09:05 PM
IMO, Oregon has the hottest cheerleaders in the nation, but from what little I saw of Wyoming, those girls were on par with Oregon. Just me being me. :lol:

UCLA's and Arizona State's are up there, too. Man, it has to be a PAC-12 thing. :lol:

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Great point there, Dawg. Reminds me of an interesting observation I will have come the NCAAT. I am wondering how well the schools that play suffocating defense will fare. e.g. Virginia, Wyoming, San Diego State, Northern Iowa, etc. If they fall behind in a game or the game is close deep into the second half, will they continue to play their game? If the opponent is trying to run them up and down the floor, will they go to that type of game?

It will be interesting. UVA is the hardest among them to score on and they turn you over. UNI can hit the three better than the other teams. But if you get lulled into their pace they will beat you

MKfromPA
03-14-2015, 09:39 PM
The Buffalo Bulls are going dancing!!! 89-84 over Central Michigan! Woo hoo! :woot:

2015 MAC Tournament Champs. :towel:

My brother, aunt, and 4-5 other relatives went to UB.

EDIT: I just looked at the box score. Buffalo had 6 players (of its 8 man rotation) in double figures. One had a double-double. Team shot 45.5% from 3-point land & 49.2% from the field. Wow.

Dawgilicious
03-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Guess who coaches those Bulls....none other than Duke great Bobby Hurley!

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Everybody knows UK has the best cheerleaders including in the looks department. Seriously we are a cheerleader school.

kentubbybasketball
03-14-2015, 11:04 PM
The Buffalo Bulls are going dancing!!! 89-84 over Central Michigan! Woo hoo! :woot:

EDIT: I just looked at the box score. Buffalo had 6 players (of its 8 man rotation) in double figures. One had a double-double. Team shot 45.5% from 3-point land & 49.2% from the field. Wow.

You see why they made the hard decision to fire Reggie Witherspoon after something like 14 years there.

MKfromPA
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM
You see why they made the hard decision to fire Reggie Witherspoon after something like 14 years there.

Yep. The program could not get over the "hump" and was only capable of qualifying for the lesser postseason tournaments. I think it was a change that was required. That is, even though Witherspoon was 197-225 with a MAC team, which is not terrible.

GDawg88
03-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Guess who coaches those Bulls....none other than Duke great Bobby Hurley!
I'm happy for Hurley. It was tragic the way his NBA career was derailed by a brutal car accident. Good to see him having a successful second act as a professional.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Ryan Harrow finally gets to play in the NCAAT. Sorry we couldn't do it for him two years ago. Happy for GA St! I love the Hunters!

That's two UK guys that will be in the tourney. Harrow and Wiltjer!!! GONZAGA might be our 2 seed.

Herchel
03-15-2015, 04:39 PM

I had a salesman in Buffalo back in the day. A prof from Niagra said it is uninhabitable by human standards.

Herchel
03-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Everybody knows UK has the best cheerleaders including in the looks department. Seriously we are a cheerleader school.
You cannot be serious. UK isn't in the top 10.

kentubbybasketball
03-15-2015, 05:02 PM
In what regard? All the championships suggest otherwise. I'm dead serious.

MKfromPA
03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
I had a salesman in Buffalo back in the day. A prof from Niagra said it is uninhabitable by human standards.

Ha ha. Under what definition of uninhabitable? I've been there many times. I will say there is not much going on in the area. The city is not beautiful and job market is only decent for those in the education, business/accounting/finance field and medical. As far as weather, yeah there is tons of snow and cold during the winter. However, they don't get much of a summer in Buffalo. The highs are usually in the 80s. 88 or 90 is "hot". :lol:

Storm
03-16-2015, 07:47 AM
We were talking about looks alone. Sorry, nobody cares about cheerleading championships. I didn't even know they had such a thing.

kentubbybasketball
03-16-2015, 03:25 PM
How are you winning championships Storm if you don't look good??????????????

GoDores
03-16-2015, 03:47 PM
We really taking this into a cheerleader debate?

MKfromPA
03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
We were talking about looks alone. Sorry, nobody cares about cheerleading championships. I didn't even know they had such a thing.

What?! You've never seen the "Bring It On" movies? I know that's high school, but still! :raz:

xAuBuRn
03-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Kentucky being in the top 10 is laughable. Sure they may win competitions or whatever, but I do not know or do I care. No, I don't have Auburn in the top 10 for the record.