Vandy wins in Knoxville... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vandy wins in Knoxville...

VandyChuck
02-27-2015, 12:02 AM
"Stallings yells at player in handshake line after game...earth explodes"

That's just the headline I see in the local papers tomorrow. Don't know why everyone (including Sportscenter) is making such a big deal out of this.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Watching live was fascinating. Someone on UT's staff told him something that made him mad.

VandyChuck
02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
snitches get stitches

SCgamecock2988
02-27-2015, 08:22 AM
snitches get stitches

http://youtu.be/UoUEQYjYgf4

Bubba
02-27-2015, 11:57 AM
:rotf:

You wonder why its a big deal?

How bout a coach telling a player he will fking kill him??? You can be a homer all you want and cry about it but it's a big deal.

Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings has apologized for a postgame incident Thursday night in which he was caught on camera berating Commodores player Wade Baldwin IV profanely, at one point saying, "I'm going to f---ing kill you."

What a fking psycho!

xAuBuRn
02-27-2015, 12:19 PM
:rotf:

You wonder why its a big deal?

How bout a coach telling a player he will fking kill him??? You can be a homer all you want and cry about it but it's a big deal.

What a fking psycho!

I thought I heard that last night, but I thought that was my mind playing tricks on me.

VandyChuck
02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Baldwin tweet after the game

Wade Baldwin IV @The_Fourth_Wade 14h 14 hours ago
Coach Stallings is the best coach in America. I felt no offense to anything. We are both fiery people and that's why I chose Vandy ⚓️��

dnmuga93
02-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Watching live was fascinating. Someone on UT's staff told him something that made him mad.

Allegedly Mr. Baldwin was taunting some of the UT players in the post game handshake line. Stallings didn't see it, but a UT assistant told him about it.

That is a big no-no. Refereeing HS soccer, I have seen girls pull opponent's ponytails in the handshake line after a match.

GoDores
02-27-2015, 01:37 PM
I am not saying this is no issue at all, but this is a story that is going to read a lot worse on paper than it actually was. That said, I think Stallings completely overreacted in the moment, especially when he didn't see what happened and was told by someone on the UT staff. Watch the video for yourself. I have zero problem with what Baldwin did. I think Stallings' outburst was a cumulative affect towards Baldwin, likely built up from some of the comments made earlier in the week.

To put it all in context, Josh Richardson said UT was tougher than Vandy last game and that's why they won. Baldwin was asked about it by the media and gave this response: "That comment that he made really offended me, offended coach Stallings and I think offended a lot of kids on my team. We are going after (Richardson)," Baldwin said. "We're going after Tennessee. We're going after their fans — all of that. This is a big rivalry for us."

Baldwin delivered those comments matter of factly, if you watch his video interview. He wasn't antagonizing or angry or anything. But I think Stallings didn't like it. All in all, I have no problem with anything Baldwin did at all. That type attitude is exactly what this team is missing. We need more guys like that... then we can turn our six 3 point losses into six 3 point wins.

https://vine.co/v/O2n26MTU9d3 (if I could ever figure our how to embed an actual video to play in my post....if anyone knows, please help out)

http://youtu.be/XwRhPBLJ23Q - this is shaky quality but shows more of the action

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-27-2015, 02:08 PM
It isn't like Vandy and UT folks like each other even a little bit in the first place.

Djshockley3
02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Calm down crazy.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Allegedly Mr. Baldwin was taunting some of the UT players in the post game handshake line. Stallings didn't see it, but a UT assistant told him about it.

That is a big no-no. Refereeing HS soccer, I have seen girls pull opponent's ponytails in the handshake line after a match.

Yeah, and I think the war of words actually started before the game, maybe even after the last game two or three weeks ago. Josh Richardson made some comments in the press and then I think Wade Baldwin responded. Either way, I think Stallings' point to his player was to be above the fray, and you have to admit that is what needs to happen. Baldwin ends up looking bad in this situation, as does the UT player (or players).

Now back on Stallings he was out of line with what he said, too. Everybody knows Stallings has the worst mouth of any coaches in the league. He's notorious for it, but to not only cuss but to have likely said, "I will kill you" is out of line. I'm not sure what's gotten into coaches. I also saw Tim Floyd shove one of his players and assistant coaches last night at a game at La Tech.