2015 SEC Champion: Kentucky Wildcats!!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SEC Champion: Kentucky Wildcats!!!!

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Kudos to Cal. We are the most improved team in the league from six losses to potentially none and three at the most. For Cal to lose two first round draft picks and still do this is incredible! So many great players have had a part in this championship! Kudos to the Cats. Calipari has three SEC titles in 6 years! (We'd maybe have 6 in 6years if Billy Donovan and Florida weren't as great as they are).

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Congratulations on being 28-0. It's remarkable.

You do have the reason to be proud. If UK goes on to win the NC and remains undefeated your team will be compared to the great Indiana team of '76.

xAuBuRn
02-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Congrats I hope we can be playing in March Madness soon. We have a LONG ways to go. I said year 2 we would make NIT, year 3 NCAA. I think it may take a bit longer than that unforutatly. Kentucky if they go undefeated will be the best team ever. I know they will be a top 10 team no matter how many declare,but how many do you think go pro?

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Congrats I hope we can be playing in March Madness soon. We have a LONG ways to go. I said year 2 we would make NIT, year 3 NCAA. I think it may take a bit longer than that unforutatly. Kentucky if they go undefeated will be the best team ever. I know they will be a top 10 team no matter how many declare,but how many do you think go pro?
I'd assume KAT, the twins, WCS, Lyles, vs and Booker. I'm not sure about Poythress. I'd say 6 or 7 leave. That is why a lot of top recruits haven't committed anywhere. They're waiting to see who goes pro and not just from UK.

SCgamecock2988
02-26-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm shocked and appalled. I never saw this coming!

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Kudos to Cal. We are the most improved team in the league from six losses to potentially none and three at the most. For Cal to lose two first round draft picks and still do this is incredible! So many great players have had a part in this championship! Kudos to the Cats. Calipari has three SEC titles in 6 years! (We'd maybe have 6 in 6years if Billy Donovan and Florida weren't as great as they are).

No, Arkansas is the most improved team in the league if you count the numbers in wins vs losses.

And when you figure Arkansas is on the dominating side of Kentucky recently since Anderson's arrival, most often beating one John Capilari that was here 3 years henceforth to Anderson, there is little room for dispute who the most improved team is in the SEC. That would be Arkansas.

Beat Arkansas Kentubby, then sing your praises, because until Capilari can learn to beat Anderson, you are the SEC's second fiddle, and you'll never win a national championship if you lose to Arkansas.

joehogjoe
02-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Don't be hateful Doc.

UK should be proud and we should be happy for them. They have taken everybody's best shot, lost one of their best players to season ending injury and still gone unbeaten.
They have mixed experienced and inexperienced players to make a dominant team. They are the ideal. Arkansas strives for that.

Herchel
02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Congrats on winning the SEC. Hope you only lose one game.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Congrats on winning the SEC. Hope you only lose one game.

Well sure. @ UGA is our lowest percentage game left fwiw.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Congratulations on being 28-0. It's remarkable.

You do have the reason to be proud. If UK goes on to win the NC and remains undefeated your team will be compared to the great Indiana team of '76.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Don't be hateful Doc.

UK should be proud and we should be happy for them. :rotf:

Not being hateful, just countering KT's homer praises.

Anderson is 4-2 against Kentucky, a 67% wining clip. Kentucky fans just don't have much to say about that fact.

XPS
02-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Not being hateful, just countering KT's homer praises.

Anderson is 4-2 against Kentucky, a 67% wining clip.

The only bright spot of Andersons tenture at Arkansas?

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-27-2015, 12:43 PM
The only bright spot of Andersons tenture at Arkansas?

Yes. :towel: So far, whipping Kentucky all the time is the only bright spot. :cry:

At least Anderson caught Bright Spot Priority #1 first! :kiss: All the rest are secondary.

SkyAntoine
02-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Yes!! We did it!!

GoDores
02-27-2015, 05:06 PM
How is Kentucky already the SEC champion? They are 3 games ahead of Arkansas with both teams having 3 games left. If Arky wins out and UK loses out then Arky is Champ.

Granted the chances the above happens are about .027%, but don't you have to wait until you've already clinched before you celebrate the championship?

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2015, 06:53 PM
If UK loses out and Arkansas wins out... UK will still be at worse co-SEC champions, which you're still considered SEC champs then. If Arkansas manages to be co-champs, I will change the thread title just for you.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-27-2015, 07:00 PM
If UK loses out and Arkansas wins out... UK will still be at worse co-SEC champions, which you're still considered SEC champs then. If Arkansas manages to be co-champs, I will change the thread title just for you.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped. UK ain't losing 3 games to end the season. Not even 2. Though we all know Arkansas should only have 2 in the loss column, because Florida was a flat out cheat, again.

But if the Cats did lose their last 3, Arkansas would be SEC champion based on head to head, whether the conference recognizes it or not, fans definitely do.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-27-2015, 07:01 PM
How is Kentucky already the SEC champion? They are 3 games ahead of Arkansas with both teams having 3 games left. If Arky wins out and UK loses out then Arky is Champ.

Granted the chances the above happens are about .027%, but don't you have to wait until you've already clinched before you celebrate the championship?

Not if you're Kentubby or Sky.

joehogjoe
02-27-2015, 07:16 PM
This year's it's about who is 2nd. That is yet to be determined.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Yes!! We did it!!

Yep and to do it without Alex Poythress, who was our best player in the Bahamas is pretty impressive. Sky, where do you stand as far as the "you need a loss" argument? Aren't we so close to finishing off 40-0 that we need to go for the juggular at this point if possible?

joehogjoe
02-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Go for it.

SkyAntoine
02-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Yep and to do it without Alex Poythress, who was our best player in the Bahamas is pretty impressive. Sky, where do you stand as far as the "you need a loss" argument? Aren't we so close to finishing off 40-0 that we need to go for the juggular at this point if possible?

I'm definitely not in the "need a loss" camp. Maybe back during the Ole Miss and TAMU games when it seemed like we lost our hunger it may have helped. But, by fighting through those games our guys got in the right frame of mind.

IMO a loss could make them think they're not as good as they really are. Playing loose and having fun is a key right now. And you know they want to make history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissKitty
02-28-2015, 12:17 AM
It's too early to tell who will enter the draft at this point. I will have a better feel after the NCAA.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 06:29 AM
I'm definitely not in the "need a loss" camp. Maybe back during the Ole Miss and TAMU games when it seemed like we lost our hunger it may have helped. But, by fighting through those games our guys got in the right frame of mind.

IMO a loss could make them think they're not as good as they really are. Playing loose and having fun is a key right now. And you know they want to make history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great point Sky about how a loss could derail all the momentum gained over the course of the season. Look at all the teams that got their first loss around this time of the season. None of them ended up winning a title. Illinois in2005, St. Joe's in 2004. Wichita State last year.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-28-2015, 09:31 AM

:rotf:

I'm not impressed. UK has 9 McDonalds all-Americans. How does missing 1 or even 2 of them = impressive?

I'm not impressed at all.

joehogjoe
02-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Congratulations UK and their fans for the sole SEC title.

Impressive, most impressive.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 06:28 PM

Is it okay to have this thread now?

xAuBuRn
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Is it okay to have this thread now?

He gets butt-hurt easily so probably not.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 06:48 PM
True. He needs to be worried about his own team and coach threatening players about sportsmanship.