Arkansas at Kentucky [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas at Kentucky

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Well folks, the SEC's game of the year is upon us this Saturday as CBS's national TV game of the week. :clap:

This is an absolutely HUGE game for Kentucky, in that, if the kitties can't beat Arkansas, there is no way the kitties will win the national championship. Then add the embarrassment of a home loss while being undefeated and favored on big time national TV. :facepalm:

On the other hand, for Arkansas, a win or loss has little effect for the post season.

As we know, Arkansas should be favored in this game, but will not be because the general public is stupid. The kitties just can't seem to find a way to beat 40 minutes of hell. :we: It could be another day for kitty fans to take a collective puke in Lexington.

Kentucky fans will act nonchalant again about another loss to Arkansas, as they always do, but keep in mind kitty fans, when you lose to Arkansas, you don't win the national championship. It'll be close but no cigar again. :cry:

Arkansas has the experience edge, and matches depth stride for stride with UK. The Hogs come in on a 7 game SEC win streak, and have won 10 of their last 11 all in conference play. :dind:

Should be a great game for the top rivalry in the SEC. :towel:

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Oh Doc. This game will not affect the National championship. UK would like an undefeated season ending in a NC. But 40-0 or 39-1 is still a NC.

We have no chance to win at UK.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Oh Doc. This game will not affect the National championship. UK would like an undefeated season ending in a NC. But 40-0 or 39-1 is still a NC.

[Hogs] have no chance to win at UK.

:rotf:

How did Kentubby post under JoeHog's name?

SCgamecock2988
02-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Go Arkyslaw!

Bubba
02-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Arkansas will wipe the floor with the pssycats! BRING IT!

the best player in the SEC will dominate ewwwK.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Wcs is the Sec's best player, some a$$ wipe on espn said so last night.

Bubba
02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Wcs is the Sec's best player, some a$$ wipe on espn said so last night.

LOL!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

WCS wishes he could taste Portis's JOCK!

Just Some Hog Dude
02-25-2015, 01:20 PM
e-chuckle

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-25-2015, 02:41 PM
I got $5 bucks that says Kentubby doesn't show up in this thread until after the game, and that is only if the referees cheated and Kentucky won.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Seriously this is a free shot for the Hogs but it's a free shot for Kentucky too.
They will win a share of the title tomorrow. The Hogs have to win out and then hope UK loses twice more which won't happen.

I just hope the Hogs can stay close.

it's gonna be an exciting environment for the Hogs Saturday no doubt Rupp will have a tournament atmosphere.

I just hope the Hogs can stay within 30 or 40 points.

GoDores
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Arkansas has nothing to lose this game, but if they do win, I think it bumps them up a seed in the NCAAT. This is the game of the year in the SEC though. Would be something if this was in Arkansas. I'd take the hogs in Bud Walton.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 04:48 PM
I got $5 bucks that says Kentubby doesn't show up in this thread until after the game, and that is only if the referees cheated and Kentucky won.

You make an interesting point, and one that actually is good advice. I won't post in this thread other than this post. I'll just say good luck and good job (should you win).

There's a thread where we've been talking about all the UK games. That's where I will post about this Arkansas game. I've got a few interesting things in that thread to say about WCS and Arkansas fans that I will post there. I just don't have the energy to deal with the hassle of most of the Arkansas fans on this board. (MKfromPA and the other non-frequent Arkansas fans I encourage you guys to post in the UK thread for this game. We can get some good discussion going that will be fun for all involved).

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 07:16 PM
No that thread is not adequate or dedicated to the game.

This game is the battle of the head bands. wcs vs Bobby Portis.

With Qualls injury we have no chance.

XPS
02-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Thank goodness UK finally plays a ranked team. UK 85 Hogs 70

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
You make an interesting point, and one that actually is good advice. I won't post in this thread other than this post. I'll just say good luck and good job (should you win).

There's a thread where we've been talking about all the UK games. That's where I will post about this Arkansas game. I've got a few interesting things in that thread to say about WCS and Arkansas fans that I will post there. I just don't have the energy to deal with the hassle of most of the Arkansas fans on this board. (MKfromPA and the other non-frequent Arkansas fans I encourage you guys to post in the UK thread for this game. We can get some good discussion going that will be fun for all involved).

I lost $5.

Bama_Man
02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Wait did Mike Qualls get hurt last night? He is the second leading scorer for Arkansas at around 14 PPG. Without him, I can't see Arkansas pulling off the major upset.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Wait did Mike Qualls get hurt last night? He is the second leading scorer for Arkansas at around 14 PPG. Without him, I can't see Arkansas pulling off the major upset.He averages 15+ a game. But he twisted his ankle to match his knee sprain.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Thank goodness UK finally plays a ranked team. UK 85 Hogs 70

Thank goodness UA finally plays a ranked team. UK 127 Hogs 32.

Bama_Man
02-25-2015, 08:10 PM
He averages 15+ a game. But he twisted his ankle to match his knee sprain.

I knew it was something like that, 14-15 PPG in SEC games can mean a TON in a 60 point game.

So will he have to miss time? If so, I just dont see them having the firepower to beat Kentucky.

KT, there are a lot more people on the KAT bandwagon for being the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft. He has a much higher ceiling than Okafor even if his game was not as polished as Okafor. Okafor is likely the "safe" pick but Towns has a much higher ceiling and can do more things on the court. Okafor is nowhere near the athlete that Towns is, but he is more polished on the low block. But his lack of athleticism scares me, I dont know if he can score easily in the NBA against those bigger, stronger defenders in the league.

I dont believe KAT has the ability to be the next Anthony Davis (who I feel, when healthy, is the best player in the NBA because he is an offensive beast and a game changer on defense. If I was building a team from scratch going forward, I would take Anthony Davis or anyone else in the NBA.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Wait did Mike Qualls get hurt last night? He is the second leading scorer for Arkansas at around 14 PPG. Without him, I can't see Arkansas pulling off the major upset.

I don't think he is hurt. We won on the road when Portis had the flu. We have more depth than people realize.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 10:09 PM
I don't think he is hurt. We won on the road when Portis had the flu. We have more depth than people realize.

See you don't know what you're talking about. The injury is several weeks old. I believe he first injured his knee against Bama, reinjured it against Mizzou, then twisted his ankle last night. He went back in the game though but he had no hops after that.

SkyAntoine
02-26-2015, 06:35 AM
The entire nation will be watching this game collectively pulling for the Hogs. Cats tend to be up for these high profile games. Rupp is going to be unreal because we all know 40-0 is a real potential if we get by Arky.

I say tight through 36 minutes and we pull away by 12 in the end.

This will be the last home game I attend and I'm going to have to leave about 4 mins into the 2nd half. My daughter is in a cheer competition at the convention center (attached to Rupp) and competes right in the middle of the game. Worst timing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joehogjoe
02-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Remember last year wcs had dunk after dunk after dunk in their victory at Rupp

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-26-2015, 12:05 PM

You would have to tell Qualls to meet at the airport at 8am as you were taking off at 6am to keep him from playing against UK. Tying him to the bench wouldn't work... He'd just get up with the bench tied to him.

MissKitty
02-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Good Luck!

HogFan4Ever
02-26-2015, 05:05 PM
All I know is that it is great to have this game be meaningful again!!!! I miss the days when the Arkansas/UK game was played on Super Bowl Sunday. Even though I don't think we will win, I am hoping for a close game that is fun to watch!!!! WPS!!!!

GoDores
02-26-2015, 05:39 PM
The entire nation will be watching this game collectively pulling for the Hogs. Cats tend to be up for these high profile games. Rupp is going to be unreal because we all know 40-0 is a real potential if we get by Arky.

You'll have a lot more difficult hurdles to 40-0 than Arkansas at home.

Bubba
02-26-2015, 06:27 PM
2 best teams in the SEC. im excited.

Bama_Man
02-26-2015, 06:41 PM
2 best teams in the SEC. im excited.

Agreed. These two are the clear two best teams in the conference.

I agree with GoDores as well, Arkansas at UK is far from the toughest test that the Wildcats will face during their quest for 40-0.

joehogjoe
02-26-2015, 10:58 PM
No I'm pretty sure SC or Florida is the 2nd best team, or so we were told.

SCgamecock2988
02-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Greatest match-up in the SEC all year ohhh boy!!!

(And Arkansas loses by 15+)

SEC is boring. I hate Kentucky.

Dawg in Dallas
02-27-2015, 09:34 AM
No I'm pretty sure SC or Florida is the 2nd best team, or so we were told.

The chip on the shoulder is massive both in basketball and football.

Good luck Saturday. I don't really have a rooting interest, but I hope it is a good game.

joehogjoe
02-27-2015, 11:00 AM
The chip on the shoulder is massive both in basketball and football.

Good luck Saturday. I don't really have a rooting interest, but I hope it is a good game.When weve got your people telling us how we suck in football all the timd, and XPS and KT telling us we suck in basketball...

But funny Herchel was quick to protect Georgia's honor in that OL thread even though he made a mistake.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-27-2015, 11:06 AM

I say tight through 36 minutes and we pull away by 12 in the end.

This will be the last home game I attend and I'm going to have to leave about 4 mins into the 2nd half. My daughter is in a cheer competition at the convention center (attached to Rupp) and competes right in the middle of the game. Worst timing ever.

At least you have your priorities right!

MissKitty
02-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Arkansas is my 2nd favorite team in the SEC.

I may be wrong, but I don't see my Cats losing this one.

I would love to see more passes and less dribbling. That my friends is the key to this UK team improving on offense.

Bubba
02-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Arkansas owns CAL and ewwK. 2-4 vs Arkansas. the only team in the SEC Cal has a losing record against!!

POW!!!!

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Arkansas 82

Kentucky 69

Bubba
02-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Cal is 1-4 against Arkansas.

Who's your daddy Uk?? Don't say Louisville, that's your step daddy!

SkyAntoine
02-28-2015, 11:54 AM
You'll have a lot more difficult hurdles to 40-0 than Arkansas at home.

I expect us to do well in Nashville for the SECT since it is basically home games. And, obviously I think we'll win the dance.
I think the toughest game will be one where we slack up. Today's game, Georgia away and Florida at home are definitely not gimmes.

I still say Cats by 12.

GDawg88
02-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Cal is 1-4 against Arkansas.

Who's your daddy Uk?? Don't say Louisville, that's your step daddy!
Isn't Cal something like 8-0 against Louisville?

Bubba
02-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Isn't Cal something like 8-0 against Louisville?

Probly. Lol

XPS
02-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Arkansas owns CAL and ewwK. 2-4 vs Arkansas. the only team in the SEC Cal has a losing record against!!

POW!!!!

1995 UMass 104 Arkansas 80
1996 UMass 79 Arkansas 63

xAuBuRn
02-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Kentucky- 89
Arkansas- 74

Close in the first half, then Kentucky plays well Kentucky basketball.

Dawg in Dallas
02-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Kentucky is so, so good.

GDawg88
02-28-2015, 05:59 PM
It dumbfounds me that people thought Arkansas' past success against UK would have any bearing on today's game. Arkansas has never beaten this Kentucky team.

Djshockley3
02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Lol Arkansas. Fans talked so much trash this week.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Lol Arkansas. Fans talked so much trash this week.

e-chuckle

Right, I suspected that was foolish. Hopefully we are not in UK's bracket in the NCAAT. They look like a juggernaut.

joehogjoe
02-28-2015, 06:13 PM
lol at the guy who is the biggest whiner about his own team. UK is very good and they have all the motivation and they are not letting up. They are a great team. Since we are not going to win I hope they go undefeated

joehogjoe
02-28-2015, 06:15 PM
e-chuckle

Right, I suspected that was foolish. Hopefully we are not in UK's bracket in the NCAAT. They look like a juggernaut.

e-chuckle at the biggest fool on here.

who is the Lyles kid and how have I not noticed him.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-28-2015, 06:15 PM
lol at the guy who is the biggest whiner about his own team. UK is very good and they have all the motivation and they are not letting up. They are a great team. Since we are not going to win I hope they go undefeated

I don't. Hopefully Arkansas will not lose again this year. I am dreaming big with these guys.

GDawg88
02-28-2015, 06:16 PM
I can still see Arkansas getting to the Sweet Sixteen, if not further, but no one is beating this UK team in Rupp.

MissKitty
02-28-2015, 06:33 PM
The Cats played pretty good today.

GO BIG BLUE!

BleedPurpleandGold
02-28-2015, 07:01 PM
I can still see Arkansas getting to the Sweet Sixteen, if not further, but no one is beating this UK team in Rupp.
Arkansas isn't that great, sweet sixteen,lol. Anderson is a good coach to have done what he's done with this team

GDawg88
02-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Arkansas isn't that great, sweet sixteen,lol. Anderson is a good coach to have done what he's done with this team
Plenty of non-great teams have made the Sweet Sixteen. Arkansas plays a style that will make them a tough out in the tournament. Don't get too down on them.

GR8NESS
02-28-2015, 07:10 PM
That was fun. :)

Dawgilicious
02-28-2015, 07:20 PM
It will depend on the matchup with Arkansas in the tourney. If you don't have strong guard play they will beat you up

Just Some Hog Dude
02-28-2015, 07:35 PM

No, we really have a nice team this year. I think Coach Anderson took a Missouri team with less talent to the Elite Eight. We could go far if we get a lucky draw.

MissKitty
02-28-2015, 07:47 PM
who is the Lyles kid and how have I not noticed him.

Have you seriously not noticed Trey? He played really good early then got sick and had the sit out a gew games. Cal though he was lost on the trip to LSU

MissKitty
02-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Good luck the rest of the season.

joehogjoe
02-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Arkansas isn't that great, sweet sixteen,lol. Anderson is a good coach to have done what he's done with this teamhopefully we beat your sorry a$$e$ next week.

Bubba
02-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Good game. Cats better than I thought. Not unbeatable, but a very good team.

Hogs still having a great season. I'm happy.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-28-2015, 11:32 PM

It appears that this corndog was dipped in jelly instead of mustard.

batmanthelegend
03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Hogs gonna be aight yall...ready to get back on track thurs gainst dem gameCOCKS.

batmanthelegend
03-01-2015, 01:39 AM
The Cats played pretty good today.

GO BIG BLUE!

Look who it be, look who it be, two SECF legends in the same thread. I bet this thread goes bonkers cuz of all the legends in this thread its like Wrestlemnaia except SEC bball fanatics version.

MissKitty
03-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Well HELLO there Batman.

MissKitty
03-01-2015, 01:49 AM
I gotta say, this UK team surprised me a little today.

I would like to see more passes on those drives by the Twins, but at least they are trying to finish instead of trying to simplify draw fouls.

How about that block by Willie early in the game? I kinds though that moment set the tone for the game.

Herchel
03-01-2015, 06:13 AM
When weve got your people telling us how we suck in football all the timd, and XPS and KT telling us we suck in basketball...

But funny Herchel was quick to protect Georgia's honor in that OL thread even though he made a mistake.
I wasn't protecting honor, just objecting to another ludicrous statement from JSHD, one of hundreds.

SkyAntoine
03-01-2015, 07:32 AM
If we can keep from letting up against Georgia, then I think we may actually run the table.

Thanks to calling ahead yesterday and speaking to security I was able to leave the game with 8 to go in the first, watch my daughter's cheer routine and then get back upstairs for the start of the 2nd half.

Cats won....daughter got 2nd.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-01-2015, 07:54 AM
hopefully we beat your sorry a$$e$ next week.
Arkansas may very well win the game but it won't come easy

batmanthelegend
03-01-2015, 06:43 PM
hopefully we beat your sorry a$$e$ next week.

Love when big joe gets pissed and starts cussin' talking bout dem hogs whip'n dat azzzzzz!

joehogjoe
03-01-2015, 11:44 PM
I wasn't protecting honor, just objecting to another ludicrous statement from JSHD, one of hundreds. He does that.

joehogjoe
03-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Arkansas may very well win the game but it won't come easyNever said it would. But I have pride in my team.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Never said it would. But I have pride in my team.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that! In fact I'd be disappointed otherwise

HogFan4Ever
03-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Like normal I am late to the punch. I must say I have seen some great BB teams in my days but this UK team has to be at the top of all time college teams. That was an incredible display I watched Saturday!!!! Good luck on the rest of your season, unless of course we meet again in the SEC or NCAA tourney

joehogjoe
03-03-2015, 07:22 PM
They are good but there are better.

MKfromPA
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Congratulations to Kentucky on the win & to the Wildcat fans on this forum. :clap:

MKfromPA
03-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Arkansas may very well win the game but it won't come easy

Agree. LSU plays us tough. The game is in Fayetteville, but Ark has not won in Baton Rouge in a while. 7 or 8 years, I believe. I'm expecting your team's best effort this weekend!