Referee John Hampton banned from Arkansas and Florida games. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Referee John Hampton banned from Arkansas and Florida games.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 09:00 AM
The ref John Hampton who called Alandise Harris for a foul on a blocked shot with 1.9 seconds and whose call in last year's Florida game at the end allowing Florida to win will not be allowed to referee any more Florida or Arkansas games because of his close friendship with CBD, and Pelphrey. Hampton, a Kentucky grad, went to school at the same time as Pelphrey and when Billy D was an Asst. for Petino.
Hampton is not allowed to referee regular season Kentucky games.

Florida is 15-4 in Hampton ref'd games.

Dawg in Dallas
02-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Man, they should just fire him.

Dr.SwineSmeller
02-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Give him the electric chair. :vader:

Bubba
02-25-2015, 11:37 AM
very very telling.

JRS
02-25-2015, 11:45 AM
It amazes me that the SEC continues to use refs with SEC school affiliations. There will always be a bias as long as this continues.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Give him the electric chair. :vader:

No, gunshot to the back of the head execution style. Just kidding but making him swallow his whistles is good.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 04:33 PM
It amazes me that the SEC continues to use refs with SEC school affiliations. There will always be a bias as long as this continues.

Exactly. But, what about the Kentucky factor. I mean, if he's favoring Pelphrey and Donovan, you'd also think he'd be favoring Kentucky, right. Afterall, isn't he a UK alum? We don't really ever get calls, because we are Kentucky.

I wish refs actually were bias toward us and gave us calls.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-25-2015, 06:00 PM
It would be nice if they banned the officials from 2009 Florida football game. I am still mad about that debacle.

joehogjoe
02-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Exactly. But, what about the Kentucky factor. I mean, if he's favoring Pelphrey and Donovan, you'd also think he'd be favoring Kentucky, right. Afterall, isn't he a UK alum? We don't really ever get calls, because we are Kentucky.

I wish refs actually were bias toward us and gave us calls.

You get no calls because you are Kentucky.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 07:41 PM
You get no calls because you are Kentucky.

Yeah that's what I said.

Angry Ant
02-26-2015, 12:11 AM

I wish refs actually were bias toward us and gave us calls.Let's put this in a way you have to read it, since you didn't do so the first time... HAMPTON CANNOT WORK KENTUCKY GAMES BECAUSE HE GRADUATED FROM THERE. CONFLICT OF INTEREST

joehogjoe
02-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Yeah that's what I said.

No calls are often better than calls.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2015, 03:39 PM
No calls are often better than calls.

Often times the calls are against UK because we are UK. Sometimes refs want to the be the ones making the calls for the game that UK lost. It is what it is.