Here you go, whiners... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Here you go, whiners...

GoDores
02-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Head Coaches can stand in the traditional coaching spot on the sidelines at Vandy starting next year. The coaching box is being extended up the sideline.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2015/02/24/memorial-gym-unique-coach-box-extended/23934713/

No more excuses.....

Dawgilicious
02-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Personally I dont really care. UGA never plays good there, but other people think its a huge issue so they will prob be happy

kentubbybasketball
02-24-2015, 03:31 PM
It seems like its actually advantageous in the second half to have your offense right in front of you how it is now. Ultimately, I don't care where Tubby, Gillispie, or Calipari have stood as long as they win... and they normally did and have.

SkyAntoine
02-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Next step is getting the floor off the center stage and making it level like most places.

Herchel
02-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Next step is getting the floor off the center stage and making it level like most places.
Excellent point. Who designed that dump?

SkyAntoine
02-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Excellent point. Who designed that dump?
Intellectuals with no common sense. :D

But, actually I can't believe they're making any changes. Those two things do make Memorial different for teams. Not a lot different than coming into Rupp with 24k fans. Are they going to cut back our crowd because it is an unfair advantage?

Herchel
02-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Intellectuals with no common sense. :D

But, actually I can't believe they're making any changes. Those two things do make Memorial different for teams. Not a lot different than coming into Rupp with 24k fans. Are they going to cut back our crowd because it is an unfair advantage?
It reminds me of when my son was being recruited (football). We attended a summer event at Clemson, including a walking tour of the campus. As we walked by the library, the student guide said, "Our library was designed by our School of Architecture. They failed to consider the weight of the books, and it is sinking." I said, "Son, you might want to keep that to yourself".

GoDores
02-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Memorial is an awesome place. I love it and hope nothing ever changes with it (except adding more chairbacks). It was built for multi-purpose, also used as a concert hall. You've got those concrete walls in there, that's why it gets LOUD.

But if you've got a problem with Memorial having a raised floor, you've got to have problems with the final four courts used recently also, right?

Dawg in Dallas
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Memorial is an awesome place. I love it and hope nothing ever changes with it (except adding more chairbacks). It was built for multi-purpose, also used as a concert hall. You've got those concrete walls in there, that's why it gets LOUD.

But if you've got a problem with Memorial having a raised floor, you've got to have problems with the final four courts used recently also, right?

I sure do. However, I don't think Vandy should change anything unless they want to. I do understand the need for uniformity, and now it seems that the only difference will be a much larger area for the coaches to roam.

SkyAntoine
02-24-2015, 05:03 PM

It's just different, but I'm all for Memorial being the way it is. Arenas should have different feels just like baseball stadiums.
The floors at the Final Four are different, too, but lower level is so flat in the domes that they have to raise it.

kentubbybasketball
02-24-2015, 07:18 PM
The final four is the final four too. That's an obvious statement but it is no comparison. It adds to the spectacle. Vandy's raised floor isn't as dangerous as say Minnesota ' s Barn. People have gotten hurt going after loose balls since the level beneath the court is so close.

JRS
02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Head Coaches can stand in the traditional coaching spot on the sidelines at Vandy starting next year. The coaching box is being extended up the sideline.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2015/02/24/memorial-gym-unique-coach-box-extended/23934713/

No more excuses.....

Ridiculous court.

SCgamecock2988
02-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Yeah that court is retarded.

VandyChuck
02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Ya'll just jelly. Memorial is loud and awesome and not a depressing place to be like other SEC arenas.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 05:28 PM
There are some good environments in this league. Maybe I'm biased because I'm typically watching away arenas when UK is in town and everybody gets up for that, but South Carolina is lively. Florida obviously is tough. The Hump could get crazy with us in there. Mizzou is known for a good environment, too. Auburn is getting there.

SCgamecock2988
02-26-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm perfectly happy with our 18,000 seat arena, now if we only had even a semi-decent basketball team to play there...

We have gotten nice crowds for our women's team and they get LOUD. I'm ready for the men to be worth a damn though.

Herchel
02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm perfectly happy with our 18,000 seat arena, now if we only had even a semi-decent basketball team to play there...

We have gotten nice crowds for our women's team and they get LOUD. I'm ready for the men to be worth a damn though.

Were you formerly SC312?

SCgamecock2988
02-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Were you formerly SC312?

No, SECgamecock453. Dropped the E from the beginning since I don't really have conference pride and changed the numbers to my birthday instead of some random numbers I chose back when I joined in October 2003.

JRS
02-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Ya'll just jelly. Memorial is loud and awesome and not a depressing place to be like other SEC arenas.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

VandyChuck
02-26-2015, 05:18 PM
I know...Half empty cavernous arenas are laughable.

JRS
02-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Is it a basketball game or a play?