Favorite Players [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Players

kentubbybasketball
02-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Discussion sake.

Who are your favorite Players from your program all-time. I'm watching an old SEC Network game and made me think about this.

What about from other programs?

kentubbybasketball
02-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Here is my 12 man lineup

Tayshaun Prince: the first major superstar I remember

Gerald Fitch: SO lovable, made mistakes but a beautiful player, could hit the three, so underrated, just needed guidance, dealt with a lot of tragedy

Brandon Knight: favorite from the Cal era, got us to the final four after a 13 year drought

Jodie Meeks: scored 54 points vs UT, ex-Laker

Willie Cauley-Stein: can do no wrong; I bet his poop even smells good, never got why he doubted he could play here

Jeff Sheppard: brought Tubby a national title

Chuck Hayes: definition of gritty, maximized his talent better than anybody

Devin Booker: smoothest stroke on modern UK history

Tyler Ulis: sparkplug, could set some major winning marks in history by the end of his career

Anthony Davis: best UK player in history?

Kyle Witljer: went thru some wars with Vandy fans over this guy

John Wall: of course

Just Some Hog Dude
02-22-2015, 07:17 PM
Lee Mayberry - PG
Sidney Moncrief - SG
Joe Johnson - SF
Corliss Williamson - PF
Oliver Miller - C

SCgamecock2988
02-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Devan Downey

GDawg88
02-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Discussion sake.

Who are your favorite Players from your program all-time. I'm watching an old SEC Network game and made me think about this.

What about from other programs?
Jarvis Hayes
Jumaine Jones
Rashad Wright
Chris Daniels
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Sundiata Gaines

Djshockley3
02-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Sundiata Gaines for sure

joehogjoe
02-22-2015, 09:33 PM
My current favorite player is the Sec's most exciting and athletic player Michael Qualls the leagues Espn top 10 highlight.

I like WcS despite what some may think. I don't think he's soft. I think he's fun to watch.
I love Jordan Mickey so wanted him as a Hog.
I like Bama's Randolph
I like JWill III of Mizzou
And I love Anton Beard the point guard of the future for the Hogs.

kentubbybasketball
02-22-2015, 09:59 PM
Jarvis Hayes
Jumaine Jones
Rashad Wright
Chris Daniels
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Sundiata Gaines

No Shandon Anderson?

I definitely gotta have Rashad Wright, probably the SC'S best PG defender the last 15 years.

Travis Leslie was an incredible athlete too.

Other schools: I love Caruso at TAMU. At Florida, I like Anthony Roberson.

Herchel
02-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Jarvis Hayes
Jumaine Jones
Rashad Wright
Chris Daniels
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Sundiata Gaines

I think you missed one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ju0mAzCLeA

SkyAntoine
02-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Kenny "Sky" Walker will always be my favorite Cat no matter who passes through our program. We've sort of become friends over the last few years and he gave me the goggles that he wore while at UK. They were in the UK Basketball museum until it closed.

He is the reason I became a UK fan as a kid.

darthvaderbilt
02-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Clyde Lee
Barry Booker
Jeff Turner

VandyChuck
02-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Loved the 90's for Vanderbilt b-ball even though JVBK almost ruined them.

Kevin Anglin
Billy McCaffrey
Ronnie Macmahan
Frank Seckar
Drew Maddux
Pax Whitehead
Bruce Elder

dnmuga93
02-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Jarvis Hayes
Jumaine Jones
Rashad Wright
Chris Daniels
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Sundiata Gaines

For me, add in guys like Alec Kessler, Litteral Green and Rod Cole. I was at UGA in the early 90s and that was a fun time to watch UGA hoops.

Dawgilicious
02-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Its hard to narrow it, but:

Chris Daniels
Rashad Wright
Sundiate Gaines
Jumaine Jones
DA Layne
Zac Swansey
Kevin Brophy
Steve Newman
The Evans/Coleman Duo

NCMISSSTFAN
02-23-2015, 03:59 PM
I'd go with:

Timmy Bowers
Jamont Gordon
Dee Bost
Jarvis Varnado
Charles Rhodes
Lawrence Roberts
Rodney Hood-Good kid and good player, even though he transferred

GDawg88
02-23-2015, 04:22 PM
I think you missed one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ju0mAzCLeA
Before my time, sadly. But of course Dominique is the GOAT.

GDawg88
02-23-2015, 04:24 PM
For me, add in guys like Alec Kessler, Litteral Green and Rod Cole. I was at UGA in the early 90s and that was a fun time to watch UGA hoops.
My dad's told me a lot about how great Kessler was. His brother Chad was supposedly quite good also. Again, a little before my time.

Herchel
02-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Domnique
Herb White (the Elevator from Decatur)
Terry Fair
Zippy Morocco
Alec Kessler

GoDores
02-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Kyle Witljer: went thru some wars with Vandy fans over this guy

Don't intend this to be a thread hijack. We can discuss later when the brackets come out maybe. But I've been keeping my eye on the Zags. Would it not be some incredible irony if Wiltjer ended UK's season?

FYI the Zags also have a former Vandy player Eric McClellan.

Herchel
02-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Don't intend this to be a thread hijack. We can discuss later when the brackets come out maybe. But I've been keeping my eye on the Zags. Would it not be some incredible irony if Wiltjer ended UK's season?

He lit us up. We would have beaten Gonzaga without him.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2015, 05:21 PM
I'd go with:

Timmy Bowers
Jamont Gordon
Dee Bost
Jarvis Varnado
Charles Rhodes
Lawrence Roberts
Rodney Hood-Good kid and good player, even though he transferred

The one guy you guys had that would always make winning plays was Shane Power. He did the little things and everybody respected him as a result.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2015, 05:26 PM

I'm not sure what would be incredible about it. The fact is at this point if anybody beats UK it would be something. I think the bigger story would be that the first real Cinderella was in the final four and perhaps won the national title. That said, they better learn how to defend somebody. We have struggled more against teams that wanted to slow it down and make it a defensive skirmish: TAMU and Louisville are examples. Gonzaga wants a game of pace, because a defensive struggle isn't their thing. It might be a better matchup for us than Wisconsin, who is out for revenge on us anyway.

FWIW, we're the only team to knock Rick Pitino out of the NCAAT the last 2 years. It's similar to what facing Kyle Wiltjer would be like. Both Pitino and Wiltjer have championship pedigree with us, so of course it would be awkward. End of the day, Kyle is still a UK fan. He just took a picture this weekend with a sign that said, "Once a Cat, always a Cat." We love Kyle Wiltjer here, and want him to do well and win. As a matter of fact of the chief contenders, I would want Gonzaga to win if UK couldn't. His dad has already promised to come back to UK for all the 2012 championship team reunions and what not.

joehogjoe
02-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't know who most of these guys are.

NCMISSSTFAN
02-26-2015, 12:15 PM
The one guy you guys had that would always make winning plays was Shane Power. He did the little things and everybody respected him as a result.

Yeah I liked Power too, he was a fan favorite too. At one point he was heavy into trying to become a college coach but I'm not sure what he is doing now.

Bama_Man
02-26-2015, 02:09 PM
For Alabama:

G-Mo Williams
G-Latrell Sprewell
F-Kennedy Winston
F-Robert Horry
F-Reggie King

MissKitty
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Oh gosh there are too many to pick just a few. I love them all but I guess Kyle Macy is my all-time favorite. Probably because I was a teenager when he was at Kentucky and I had a huge crush on him.

Kenny Walker
WALTER McCarty
Goose Givens
Love me some Tony Delk (probably my 2nd favorite)

Recent teams favorites
Tayshaun Prince
Anthony Davis
Willie Caulie Steine (He's right up there with Delk) I love watching this kid play.

Favorite from another SEC Team
Corliss Wiliamson