So UK fans will generally post every thread under the sun in the bball forum... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : So UK fans will generally post every thread under the sun in the bball forum...

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 09:22 PM
and then they beat Tennessee to go 26-0, their best start in school history, and don't post sh1t? What gives? You guys used to post game threads for games that were a week and a half away.*

*Cheaters

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2015, 09:58 PM
This board isn't as much fun anymore. Some of the Arkansas fans just take the passion out of it for me honestly.

End of the day, we caught so much grief about bragging about stuff in the past. Why should we post it? There is no appreciation or respect for UK here from some.

Good accomplishment to get this 26-0 start. I'd rather win a national title. First things first. We are two games from an SEC title, which would be sweet.

joehogjoe
02-17-2015, 10:32 PM
America wants someone else to Win the NCAA.

Go Duke, Go Virginia, Go Al-Quada, Go Ebola, anything but kentucky.

Wave&Dawgs
02-17-2015, 10:37 PM
I miss the glory days of this forum as well k-tub. There were some epic threads when MSU and UK squared off back in the day. This forum as really just died though.

And yeah, seems like the only heated debates anymore are between Arkansas fans. :rotf:

joehogjoe
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Well your team sucks right now compared to the past but I remember when you made every thread about msu. Even if it was a UK UL game.you made it about missipissy st.
So basically the laughs on you.

joehogjoe
02-17-2015, 10:47 PM
This board isn't as much fun anymore. Some of the Arkansas fans just take the passion out of it for me honestly.

End of the day, we caught so much grief about bragging about stuff in the past. Why should we post it? There is no appreciation or respect for UK here from some.

Good accomplishment to get this 26-0 start. I'd rather win a national title. First things first. We are two games from an SEC title, which would be sweet.

The whine in this thread is cheaper than mad dog 50/50.

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2015, 02:34 AM
I miss the glory days of this forum as well k-tub. There were some epic threads when MSU and UK squared off back in the day. This forum as really just died though.

And yeah, seems like the only heated debates anymore are between Arkansas fans. :rotf:

Agreed. I really disliked msu at one point. Not anymore.

joehogjoe
02-18-2015, 09:08 AM
But by God you used too. You hated waves and dogs and his interference.

He and his JV bromance was almost as bad as your wcs bromance. At least JV was a great shot blocker.

Bubba
02-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Get em joe!!!

Damn cry babies. They run their mouths forever and absolutely cannot get their panties out of the gash when other fans start talking too.

Wave&Dawgs
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM
To me it seems like all the crying in this thread has come from Arkansas fans.

joehogjoe
02-18-2015, 01:58 PM
I see no one crying, just you and KT complaining.

We are rooting for Msu Thursday but not Saturday.

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM
To me it seems like all the crying in this thread has come from Arkansas fans.

Hmmmmm. yeah

SkyAntoine
02-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Only one word comes to mind when considering Kentucky basketball fans: humble.

dnmuga93
02-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Only one word comes to mind when considering Kentucky basketball fans: humble.

Thanks for making me spit water all over my computer screen...

kentubbybasketball
02-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Come on you're a UNC fan.

dnmuga93
02-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Come on you're a UNC fan.

True, but humble is not a word I would use to describe our fanbase.

Nor the nouveau riche clan 8 miles down the road that we absolutely gave the game away to last evening...

SCgamecock2988
02-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Oh, you're one of those people who can't cheer for his own team's bball program. We had them all over USC, Duke or Carolina fans. So annoying..

dnmuga93
02-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Oh, you're one of those people who can't cheer for his own team's bball program. We had them all over USC, Duke or Carolina fans. So annoying..

Not exactly. I attended UNC for 2 years prior to getting my degree from UGA.

Additionally, I have followed UNC hoops since I attended the 1982 Final Four in New Orleans. I get my fandom honestly.

CentralMSDawg
02-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Oh for the days when MSU fans could run basketball smack with anyone in the conference. For about a ten year span no one won more games except for UK and UF. Hard to believe those days were just four years ago.

GoDores
02-20-2015, 05:06 PM
I think what also goes along with the decline in forum activity is that the last few years of SEC bball have been pretty bad. Not a lot of drama. UF rolls the SEC last season by 6 games and UK is doing the same this year. There's just not a lot of buzz about middle of the pack teams fighting for tourney spots. The fight needs to be for who is going to win the conference title.

Once Vandy gets back towards the top of the SEC, I plan to kick it back up a notch. I expect that to be next year too.

We can get this place back to the mosh pit it used to be.

TOGETHER WE CAN.

kentubbybasketball
02-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Next year is about LSU and UK imo. We need to get some LSU fans in here. As usual Florida will be a factor as well.

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 08:04 PM
I'll just post in this thread for all our future regular season games, since it's already started.

Looking good against Auburn, although we have two turnovers on inbound attempts (which is a Pearl staple but still). Mason has torched us for 15 of their 26 points. I love how we are rebounding although we put ourselves out of defensive rebounding opposition with all the shot block attempts. Andrew Harrison has been our catalyst. He looks likes the best point guard in the country tonight. I'm hoping he finishes off this double double. It would be my favorite UK double double of all-time. Tyler Ulis clearly seems to be nursing those shin splints. Love how our bigs are taking Bowers and Reed to school inside.

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 08:06 PM
I wonder how much our guys are playing this way for Coach Barbee?

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Good grief our defense was non-existent in the second half. Auburn hit so many threes off that high ball screen. We didn't guard it well at all. Perhaps it's hard when you're putting up 110 to be completely keyed in to defense, but we could have won this game by 60 if they would have defended a bit.

SCgamecock2988
02-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Hashtag REKT.

SkyAntoine
02-21-2015, 09:15 PM
We're pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 09:15 PM
Dari from the SEC Network said we made 44 field goals. It's our highest score since Tubby was here in 2003 when that team went on a 26 game winning streak. Gotta get your licks in on Auburn while you can. Won't be winning this easily on them anymore.

SCgamecock2988
02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Odds UK runs the table from here on out, regular season, SECT, NCAAT.

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
We're pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound like Cal after the last game. lol

Where have you been btw? Miss you bro.

kentubbybasketball
02-21-2015, 09:19 PM
Odds UK runs the table from here on out, regular season, SECT, NCAAT.

I hope our guys just want to beat Mississippi State right now. They are playing everybody tough. They play with the kind of hunger that I wish we would play with more often than not.

joehogjoe
02-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Dari from the SEC Network said we made 44 field goals. It's our highest score since Tubby was here in 2003 when that team went on a 26 game winning streak. Gotta get your licks in on Auburn while you can. Won't be winning this easily on them anymore.

Sleaze bag coach will do something to get fired.

kentubbybasketball
02-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Best basketball fan rivalry in SECF hostory: Mississippi State fans and UK fans. Both teams lock horns again tomorrow night looking forward to it. State always plays us tough down there.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 04:55 PM
With a win tonight vs Mississippi State, Kentucky will lock up a tie of the SEC title. It's been a two year break between SEC titles. It'll be nice for this team to have champion around it's name. Besides the final four regional championship we won last year, none of these guys have been champions!

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Apparently, ESPN is going to cover every post game press conference for UK the rest of the year. That's a great recruiting tool if there ever was one.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
One half away from another SEC title. I think it'll be our 46th. This is still Florida and Kentucky's league. Too bad Florida is down. Just like when UK is down the league just isn't perceived to be as strong.

I'm sure Florida will be back next year. The only difference is LSU is going to be for real.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2015, 05:54 AM
This Arkansas game will be interesting. Some of Arkansas' fans had WCS' number. His ex-girlfriend either went there or used to and she gave it out.

SCgamecock2988
02-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Apparently, ESPN is going to cover every post game press conference for UK the rest of the year. That's a great recruiting tool if there ever was one.

Really? REALLY? Does UK need any more recruiting tools? You could LITERALLY have a pile of sh1t for a head coach and the best players would still go there. I hate false modesty....

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Really? REALLY? Does UK need any more recruiting tools? You could LITERALLY have a pile of sh1t for a head coach and the best players would still go there. I hate false modesty....

What's your deal? No modesty involved.... just reporting the facts. It's nice to see our program at this level after where it was 6 years ago. You should know the feeling thru baseball.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
UK opens as a 17 point favorite versus Arkansas. Seems a bit off to me.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Interested to see how Aaron Harrison looks today based off his pregame comments. He was the one that was verbally attacked by the Arkansas last year after the game.

Bubba
02-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Hopefully the thug UK players won't try to start a fight with Arkansas fans again after the Hogs smack them in the face

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Glad Aaron didn't respond to the fan's taunts. As Bilas said on GameDay today our guys are good guys. They aren't getting arrested and we are doing things the right way. Go UK!

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Love how aggressively we are over playing on D. We have to finish our shots at the rim more. Between WCS, Aaron, and DJ we have at least 6 rim runs that are missed. Free throw shooting isn't good either. Happy considering KAT is likely done for the half.

GDawg88
02-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Would Kentucky's bench be the best team in the SEC?

XPS
02-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Would Kentucky's bench be the best team in the SEC?

Interesting question- good enough for atleast second in my opinion.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Would Kentucky's bench be the best team in the SEC?Maybe. We're still platooning, but we're missing that 10th guy in Alex Poythress.

First half analysis:
-I'm shocked nobody has picked up a third foul on our side the way this has been called.

-Considering KAT only plyaed until 16:41, I'm shocked UK actually pushed the lead. We are not scoring much inside on actual post entries. There was a time or two that WCS drove in and nothing was called. You have to protect shooters. If a guy gets hit on a drive, it's a foul, especially if it is on the other end.

-Andrew Harrison has been our best player so far. He is playing like the best point guard in the country. I love when he's aggressive and driving it in. People hae to respect him and he's sucha good passer that he doesn't show it all the time. People will double him and then he can lob it or kick it out.

-Aaron Harrison has played well too. He's been aggressive too. But, I'm more happy with his rebounding in the first half. On one play Portis and WCS were fighting for the rebound and he came in and took it. He wanted it most.

-Aaron and WCS are geeked for this game you can tell, and both are missing shots at the rim as a result. I hope they settle down more and just play their game. WCS actually had to play some center with KAT out, which is probably his natural spot anyway.

-Trey Lyles. Trey Lyles. Trey Lyles. He is so oversized at the 3, and he's did some 4 tonight with KAT out. His ability to guard Qualls on the perimeter and Portis inside has really helped us. The versatility of some of our players is more pronounced on the defensive end.

-Tyler Ulis has played well. I'm so glad he can kind of learn his first year. He is going to be an SEC Player of the Year type down the road IMO. The Arkansas pressure hasn't bothered him much. Actually our turnovers came from halfcourt pokey Arkansas. They've turned it over more than we have.

-Devin Booker is rushing his shot some. He has a quiet 4 points, so for us to barely be getting his average and nothing from KAT, we are doing well.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Interesting question- good enough for atleast second in my opinion.

Some say Arkansas is second in the SEC, and they've done okay against them for one half. Outside of Ulis our bench isn't playing up to its potential this game yet. Booker's shot is off. Lee barely played (but saved one ball from going out). DJ is missing shots in the paint he normally makes.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Up 78-47 under 8 minutes. Should've win by 30. Let off the gas some.

Andrew Harrison was great. He needs to see that people can't stay in front of him when he drives.

Trey Lyles was something else. The best big guy on the court! Wish Dakari would have gotten a chance to shine. Too many fouls called.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Love how Andrew had 18 pts on 9 shots. Loved his game today. Best part was seeing him chest bump Tyler Ulis after that 3 to go up 31.

The game was very physical. Qualls was laid out a few times. I think WCS may have been limping some.

SkyAntoine
03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
It's getting ridiculous that Kentucky is getting ignored on all the sports shows, sports talk radio, in-game commentary on non-UK games, non-sports news, etc. All we want is some recognition for being 30-0 and I don't think we're getting nearly enough. I haven't even seen a two hour, prime time ESPN program devoted to us, yet. Sad...

Dawgilicious
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
It's getting ridiculous that Kentucky is getting ignored on all the sports shows, sports talk radio, in-game commentary on non-UK games, non-sports news, etc. All we want is some recognition for being 30-0 and I don't think we're getting nearly enough. I haven't even seen a two hour, prime time ESPN program devoted to us, yet. Sad...

yeah cause they dont get enough talk already....LOL

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM

I know. We have the beat coach in the country. The most recognizable coach. The biggest brand name in the sport. Hit Sky ESPN Covers All Our Press Conferences. We are always on PTI, lead Sportscenter. They're talking about us in non UK games. I am with you tho. Who wouldn't want even more attention.

I love Jay Bilas for this reason. He's always talking UK. He's like am assistant coach with the GameDay comments.

joehogjoe
03-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Oh the fk ing arrogance. JFC we all know you're on your way to NC. We're not going to lick your boots on the way. It's cool your team has a great record.it It's not cool that we should be expected to worship and grovel.

joehogjoe
03-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Such a good coach but not so good ethically. But what does that matter at 31 and 0.

Joe waiting on the obligatory Florida is the 2nd best if not the best program in the Sec and if we have to lose its ok because it's Billy D. thread.

SkyAntoine
03-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Oh the fk ing arrogance. JFC we all know you're on your way to NC. We're not going to lick your boots on the way. It's cool your team has a great record.it It's not cool that we should be expected to worship and grovel.

That is hurtful. In no way would a UK fan ever want to be considered arrogant. It's not like we flaunt we have more wins than anyone in the country or more SEC championships than all other teams combined or the most passionate fans or that we get the #1 recruiting class every single year or we have more NBA players than anyone else or that we have 8 national championships.

You have completely stereotyped UK fans and I demand an apology!

kentubbybasketball
03-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Sky, now now now, you left off that we have Willie Cauley-Stein, who apparently can play football too.

joe, why are you so angry. Good grief, chill. I'm not sure what has gotten in to you this season. This is the best season you guys have had in a while. It seems like you would be more chill. I would even argue that you are the one that's been arrogant this season quite frankly. What gives? We've always gotten along, even when we've disagreed. You just don't want to be civil at all. I apologize for not giving Arkansas credit this year (if that's what you want). At the time, it seemed to me that Florida was better. Florida's had an uncharasteristic season indeed.

Wave&Dawgs
03-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Gotta at least give joe credit for showing up after the Arkansas game. The rest of them have scattered like cockroaches!

joehogjoe
03-06-2015, 10:13 PM
That is hurtful. In no way would a UK fan ever want to be considered arrogant. It's not like we flaunt we have more wins than anyone in the country or more SEC championships than all other teams combined or the most passionate fans or that we get the #1 recruiting class every single year or we have more NBA players than anyone else or that we have 8 national championships.

You have completely stereotyped UK fans and I demand an apology!

Hilarious. Now now KT what's this about wcs playing football? That would be a sight to see.

Good luck tomorrow.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2015, 12:24 AM
You haven't about WCS playing football? Kickball and badminton also?

kentubbybasketball
03-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but UK just set the all-time mark for the best start to any season in D-1 history. Nobody has ever started 36-0. Kudos to Cal, Willie and the boys for engineering such an accomplishment!

kentubbybasketball
03-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but UK just set the all-time mark for the best start to any season in D-1 history. Nobody has ever started 36-0. Kudos to Cal, Willie and the boys for engineering such an accomplishment!