UGA can say goodbye to the NCAAT... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA can say goodbye to the NCAAT...

Djshockley3
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Getting thrashed by SC.....

AGAIN

:banghead:

Dawgilicious
02-17-2015, 07:56 PM
very sad......Should have known when Nemi got a T that early.....The on court leadership is not very good

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Doubt we can keep it up... but lol if we do.

Djshockley3
02-17-2015, 08:02 PM
We do not matchup well with this ****ty SC team anyway.

UGA has several issues including injuries, but that's far from the only problem. This team has zero heart, leadership, and no playmakers.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:04 PM
It's probably time for Fox to go to be honest. If he can't make the Tournament with a veteran team like this then he's probably not the answer. Nice guy but can't produce more than mediocre results.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Outside looking in there is so undo tension or pressure on UGA. The last two games show that. I don't know if the seniors have that typical senior problem where they are sidetracked thinking about life after college and it's effecting their play. But, Mann has regressed. Djurisic is so calm-mannered to throw a ball at a ref is out of character for a guy like that. Fox has to be the leader for this team until one of the players (namely Thornton) can regain the role.

UGA playe at Rupp, this is shocking.

Dawgilicious
02-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Well I mean what do you want him to do? Why not place some blame on the actual players....

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:23 PM
In the midst of this funeral procession, UGA has made a little run here to pull within 10.

Let's see if the Dawgs can hunker down and save their season in the final 10:44.

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 08:25 PM
I still think UGA needs to do a lot more aside from NOT losing this game to make the NCAAT. Hey there's nothing wrong with the NIT, I'd kill to even get back there at this point. But basketball is gay and can suck my d!ck so who cares.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:32 PM
UGA within 2.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:37 PM
UGA ties it.

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Congrats on barely beating us in your arena lololol

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:42 PM
South Carolina by 5.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Dawgs lose.

Dawgilicious
02-17-2015, 08:52 PM
well they missed the pushoff on that off rebound by SC. Basically forearm to Thornton's face.....oh well

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Well once we blew the 18 pt lead I figured it would be the same old song and dance... not sure how we keep beating UGA.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Thornton flubs two free throws to clinch the loss. Poetic.

So done with these guys.

Djshockley3
02-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Yeah I am done. Do not even want to watch anymore games.

I have followed UGA B-Ball for years, and to be honest this team is my least favorite. Even those pathetic Felton teams played with heart. This team acts like they could care less.

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 09:01 PM
That road victory snaps a 21 SEC road game losing streak for Martin as SC coach. We had beaten Mississippi State in Starkville on March 8, 2014 but it technically didn't count as a victory for Martin since he was serving a one-game suspension at the time.

Last road SEC victory before this... @ LSU January 16, 2013. Yikes.

Djshockley3
02-17-2015, 09:04 PM
When will we start to hire real coaches, instead of nice guys? Fox sucks, Richt sucks. This gets old.

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 09:09 PM
When will we start to hire real coaches, instead of nice guys? Fox sucks, Richt sucks. This gets old.
Harrick was the best coach we ever had. I'd kill to get back to that level of basketball. But after the way he went out, expect nothing but choir boys in the head-coaching position.

I actually like Fox, but damn, man, you can't lose to Auburn and South Carolina at home. There's no defense for it.

Dawgilicious
02-17-2015, 09:09 PM
yeah cause the players have nothing to do with the successes or failures of a program.....You guys want to be quitters then go ahead, wouldnt want you around anyways. You think any of these teams win without the players on the court. I guess McGarity should go to UNC and ask Roy Williams to take the job. No top level coach is aching to come to the UGA basketball program cause we have too many fans like you two guys that fold the tent when things arent perfect or there is a little friction.

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 09:10 PM
I really don't hate UGA in bball so hope you guys can sneak into the NCAAT somehow.

Dawgilicious
02-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Fine go hire another cheater and vacate wins and tourney appearances. Ethics means nothing to some people or class for that matter

SCgamecock2988
02-17-2015, 09:13 PM
4 of the last 5 of your games are very winnable.... and win a couple in the SECT you're in, easy right?

GDawg88
02-17-2015, 09:25 PM
yeah cause the players have nothing to do with the successes or failures of a program.....You guys want to be quitters then go ahead, wouldnt want you around anyways. You think any of these teams win without the players on the court. I guess McGarity should go to UNC and ask Roy Williams to take the job. No top level coach is aching to come to the UGA basketball program cause we have too many fans like you two guys that fold the tent when things arent perfect or there is a little friction.
Nonsense. UGA has fine fan support for a program with a nondescript history. Elite coaches don't want to come to UGA because it's a traditionally mediocre program that's overshadowed by the football team and plays in an outdated arena. Don't throw the fans under the bus because you're upset by criticism of the coaching.

The fans did a great job helping the team fight back into the game tonight. Not their fault Georgia can't make a free throw.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2015, 09:55 PM
GD and dj, you GUYS have a right to feel how you wish to feel. UGA 's resume is aching with the past two games.

But, GD88 I'd say Durham and Tubby was a better coach for you guys than Harrick.

Djshockley3
02-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Calling us quitters lol.

I supported this program through every terrible season under Felton. Obviously, I will still support UGA no matter what. I am just sick of it.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Calling us quitters lol.

I supported this program through every terrible season under Felton. Obviously, I will still support UGA no matter what. I am just sick of it.

You are a good fan. The last twenty years of Arkansas basketball has been horrible and I stopped following it after a while.

Dawgilicious
02-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Yeah, because you two are saying you are giving up on this team....boohoo when things get tough you bail. Im sure Fox will get fired and I keep forgetting that Calipari is going to leave UK for Athens or Roy will leave UNC for Athens. What coach in a good situation would go to a school where the students only come out once in a blue moon, the majority of the fan base doesnt care whether they win or lose and will turn on you when things go bad. God forbid people actually place some blame on the actual players, I know that is a new and novel concept around UGA quarters because regardless of what happens everything is a coaches fault. But hey that is the era we live in now, nobody cares whether you run a clean program or graduate your players.....The only thing people care about is how many games you win

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2015, 12:58 PM
At what do you draw a line, because Fox could go winless and you could still say the same stuff about no other good coach leaving to go there.

As far as I'm concerned Anthony Grant is in a more tenuous situation than Fox is. You could make a case that Andy Kennedy is as well. Billy Kennedy could be also if he doesn't win next year with Stansbury on staff recruiting elite players.

dnmuga93
02-18-2015, 01:51 PM
I know the last two stinkers UGA put up have caused great angst in the fan base.

As long as our SOS and RPI stay in the 20s-30s, I have to believe we're okay. History tells me that.

I also know a win in Tuscaloosa on Saturday would go a long way in alleviating said angst...

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2015, 02:40 PM
UGA has good computer numbers because of the schedule. There is not a e great win. If the committee looks at that, it won't be good. You'd think that LSU has a leg up there with its win at West Virginia for instance although their computer numbers aren't as good.

ugabrad
02-18-2015, 03:28 PM
"But, GD88 I'd say Durham and Tubby was a better coach for you guys than Harrick."

100% in agreement.

GDawg88
02-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah, because you two are saying you are giving up on this team....boohoo when things get tough you bail. Im sure Fox will get fired and I keep forgetting that Calipari is going to leave UK for Athens or Roy will leave UNC for Athens. What coach in a good situation would go to a school where the students only come out once in a blue moon, the majority of the fan base doesnt care whether they win or lose and will turn on you when things go bad. God forbid people actually place some blame on the actual players, I know that is a new and novel concept around UGA quarters because regardless of what happens everything is a coaches fault. But hey that is the era we live in now, nobody cares whether you run a clean program or graduate your players.....The only thing people care about is how many games you win
Calm down. No one's quitting on the team. I've watched a LOT of bad basketball over the years. I'm not going to stop rooting for UGA. I'm very frustrated after the last two games but am still going to keep watching and hoping for the best.

You need to understand that sometimes people get passionate and blow off steam after a bad game. Take it with a grain of salt and stop questioning the loyalty of people who have supported this program for years.

GDawg88
02-18-2015, 04:01 PM
GD and dj, you GUYS have a right to feel how you wish to feel. UGA 's resume is aching with the past two games.

But, GD88 I'd say Durham and Tubby was a better coach for you guys than Harrick.
Durham had the longevity, but Harrick was a more talented coach.

Tubby is right there with Harrick. It's really splitting hairs between the two. Both national champions who have won at a number of schools. Tubby was the best coach we've ever had when considering the entire package. He'd win and never get you in trouble with the NCAA like Harrick. But just from pure coaching talent, I might give Harrick a nosehair's edge.

Djshockley3
02-18-2015, 04:47 PM
UGA has a RPI of 40 now.

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Durham had the longevity, but Harrick was a more talented coach.

Tubby is right there with Harrick. It's really splitting hairs between the two. Both national champions who have won at a number of schools. Tubby was the best coach we've ever had when considering the entire package. He'd win and never get you in trouble with the NCAA like Harrick. But just from pure coaching talent, I might give Harrick a nosehair's edge.

Fair enough. You know I've always said Jirsa deserved more time.

Dawgilicious
02-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Gdawg and DJ,

I am here to apologize to the both of you. I let my emotions get the best of me and let my personal hardships get over to the board. Not right to take it out on you guys so I apologize for that. Sorry guys

Djshockley3
02-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Its cool, I just hope you really did not think we were done being fans or something? I was PISSED after the game.

Dawgilicious
02-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Its cool, I just hope you really did not think we were done being fans or something? I was PISSED after the game.

Yeah i think we all are unfortuantely

ugabrad
02-23-2015, 03:59 PM
No posts about the overtime win at Alabama? I got home just in time for the last three minutes of regulation play, plus the overtime. It was too beautiful of a day to stay inside watching basketball.

dnmuga93
02-23-2015, 04:04 PM
HUGE win after the last two clunkers at home Brad...

ugabrad
02-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Dawgs are 8-6 in conference play and have a great chance at a .500 conference record or better. I'd say that is worth celebrating after all the missed games (for individual players) this year.

MKfromPA
02-23-2015, 08:17 PM
UGA just needs to keep winning. Ole Miss & Kentucky still remain. Two opportunities for Top 50 victories.