Roquan Smith to UGA (maybe) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Roquan Smith to UGA (maybe)

Dawg in Dallas
02-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Signed a financial aid agreement which means he can back out at anytime before he arrives on campus in the summer. I think this will move UGA up to 6th in the 247 composite rankings from 9th.

Coal_UGA
02-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Thank goodness Ball was not recruiting him. Hope we get the kid on campus.

Storm
02-13-2015, 10:26 AM
so much for the reports of him wanting to leave the state.

Herchel
02-13-2015, 10:27 AM
so much for the reports of him wanting to leave the state.

I think he loved LA, Ann Arbor not so much.

xAuBuRn
02-13-2015, 10:33 AM
He committed to UGA. I thought he was a lock for UGA for a long time. It was kind of strange how it took him like two minutes to find the gloves for UCLA. We may see a lot more top 50 guys wait it out in the upcoming years.

Herchel
02-13-2015, 10:34 AM
"To begin with, I would like to thank God for making all things possible after all, it is through him that I was even blessed with the talents to play football. Secondly, I would like to thank my family and coaches for their never ending love. Through these strenuous times , they have never left my side and have always stayed true. Their loyalty is not something that can be bought only earned. But more importantly I would like thank my teammates. When I'm playing with these guys, it's not about the accolades or the elaborate stats. It's about the value of leadership, brotherhood, and team work... things I will forever cherish. As you could imagine it's been tough lately , But I am relieved to say that I am officially committed to The University Of Georgia 100%. Proverbs 16:3 says that if you commit to the lord in whatever you do, he will establish your plans. Jeremiah 29:11 says that God knows the plans he has for my life and I will trust in him through any and everything as I have always done. Once again , thank you so much to all my true supporters and my community. I will make you nothing short of proud."

The Top247 defender committed to UCLA last Wednesday in an announcement that took place at his school and was televised by ESPNU. He began wavering on the pledge almost immediately, and it started to look less likely that he would ultimately choose the Bruins when news came down that defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich would be leaving to take a job with the Atlanta Falcons.

Smith joins Georgia's class as its 29th commitment and moves the Bulldogs ranking in the 247Sports Team Composite from 10th to sixth. The four-star play-maker was also considering Texas A&M and Michigan. He is rated as the 47th overall prospect and as the fifth outside linebacker in the nation according to the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

He is also rated as the fifth overall player in Georgia, giving the Bulldogs three of the top five players in the Peach State for 2015. Smith's primary recruiter for the Bulldogs is John Lilly.

We are now #6.

Storm
02-13-2015, 01:28 PM
I think he loved LA, Ann Arbor not so much.

Well, when you contemplate where to sign the first week of February, that's not to shocking.