Georgia Bulldogs NSD Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Bulldogs NSD Thread

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 12:09 AM

Optik
02-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Thanks, GM. I'm busy this morning and won't be able to post any until about this afternoon.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Juwan Briscoe is in.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Jason Stanley, Juwan Taylor, and Sam Madden are in.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Rashad Rountree is in.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Justin Young is in.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage Hardin and Devondre Seymour are in.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Tae Crowder is in.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Pat Allen should be in.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 08:55 AM
The kid from Macon County, Georgia won't sign until either 10 or 11 this morning. Also any word on Goodwin? Also any reason on why we had 3 WR decommit and is that as bad as it sounds?

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Pat Allen should be in.

He is, as well as DaQuan Hawkins.

We needed Allen back in the fold badly.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
The kid from Macon County, Georgia won't sign until either 10 or 11 this morning. Also any word on Goodwin?

6 PM tonight.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Holy crap that's a long wait lol.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
DeAndre Walker is in!

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 09:07 AM
What about Thompson? Or is he already enrolled?

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 09:13 AM
The kid from Macon County, Georgia won't sign until either 10 or 11 this morning. Also any word on Goodwin? Also any reason on why we had 3 WR decommit and is that as bad as it sounds?

Bobo left, he was a great recruiter and a pretty damn good coach.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Michael Chigbu is in.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Bobo left, he was a great recruiter and a pretty damn good coach.

I realize that on both the recruiter and the coach part but it's concerning to me to lose 3 seemingly good WR's. I wouldn't be so worried if it were 3 players all at different positions but we need some WRs I think and I saw where that kid from GAC or Benedictine I can't remember which is signing with Tech.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 09:31 AM
I realize that on both the recruiter and the coach part but it's concerning to me to lose 3 seemingly good WR's. I wouldn't be so worried if it were 3 players all at different positions but we need some WRs I think and I saw where that kid from GAC or Benedictine I can't remember which is signing with Tech.

I would guess Brad Stewart from BC ends up at safety for Tech.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Trent Thompson is in!!

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Sweetness.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Denonte Williams flipped from UGA to Ohio. Grades.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Deondre Baker is in.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Chauncy Rivers is in, as is RICO MCGRAW!

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 11:31 AM
What about the kid from Macon County? I can't spell his name so that's why I'm referring to him in the manner that I am lol.

lbzdually
02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Roquan Smith to UCLA. Richt can't seem to keep the best of the best in-state players in-state. If Godwin flips, which seeing what's already transpired may be possible, then UGA is screwed at WR and maybe DB.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Well that sucks a big one. I was counting on him to sign with UGA.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Gary McCrae is in. LB from Randolph Clay HS.

Counting EEs, that is 26 so far.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Kirby Choates to UGA.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Roquan smh

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Roquan smh

Apparently hasn't signed an LOI yet. Is not sure about where he is going.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I read that the audience at his signing were chanting UGA.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 01:08 PM
What a strange NSD.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 01:10 PM
I read that the audience at his signing were chanting UGA.

I can't imagine the amount of pressure on these kids. I hope he ends up where HE wants to be, not some outside influence. If that is UCLA, then good luck to him.

Coal_UGA
02-04-2015, 01:19 PM
I can't imagine the amount of pressure on these kids. I hope he ends up where HE wants to be, not some outside influence. If that is UCLA, then good luck to him.

No doubt, the amount of outside pressure that is put on these young men is insane. If his heart is with UCLA then by all means go to UCLA. Hard to beat a full ride to a very good school in Southern California.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Right now this class is listed at 9 on ESPN. That's a little disappointing.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Shaquery Wilson flips back to UGA after flipping from UGA to West Virginia earlier this week (I think)

Herchel
02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Shaquery Wilson flips back to UGA after flipping from UGA to West Virginia earlier this week (I think)
That is correct. This NSD is crazy.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
These guys just love attention.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Well that's a good thing lol.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 01:52 PM
These guys just love attention.

I don't blame them. You have your 15 minutes of fame and for some that's all they will have. I say take full advantage of it.

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Seth Emerson is reporting that Trent Thompson drove up to Montezuma to personally lobby Roquan Smith to stay home.

Could get real interesting...

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Seth Emerson is reporting that Trent Thompson drove up to Montezuma to personally lobby Roquan Smith to stay home.

Apparently UCLA's DC is leaving that job and coming with Quinn to the Falcons...

Herchel
02-04-2015, 02:07 PM

Trent was at the commitment event.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 02:14 PM

That's awesome and good for Thompson.

GDawg88
02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
What a strange NSD.
It's made me realize how much I hate the whole process. I despise the wishy-washiness of it all -- kids making commitments they're not prepared to keep and holding programs hostage so they can milk their 15 minutes of fame. I understand why they do it, but I still don't like it.

Just institute an early-signing period and end all this foolishness.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 02:55 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/davi9095/Roquan.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/davi9095/media/Roquan.jpg.html)

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:03 PM
http://vimeo.com/118732239

"Grantham didn't want me." SMH!!!! Good grief.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Grantham really tried to help destroy this program.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Apparently UCLA's DC is leaving that job and coming with Quinn to the Falcons...

Apparently Ulrich (the former UCLA DC) was Smith's lead recruiter. If you watch that video, Smith is one confused young man...

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
It's made me realize how much I hate the whole process. I despise the wishy-washiness of it all -- kids making commitments they're not prepared to keep and holding programs hostage so they can milk their 15 minutes of fame. I understand why they do it, but I still don't like it.

Just institute an early-signing period and end all this foolishness.

Agreed. Just like Slayton and Godwin, why commit to UGA for that long and decide right before NSD you might jump off. WR is a need position for us, maybe our #1 need.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
If the kid is that confused I'm not sure I want him. Good grief.

lbzdually
02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Agreed. Just like Slayton and Godwin, why commit to UGA for that long and decide right before NSD you might jump off. WR is a need position for us, maybe our #1 need.

What boggles my mind is UGA would be the best chance to play early and UGA has a good to great WR coach. UGA was the best fit for both, yet it seems like they will both jump ship. I could be wrong about Godwin, but the trend is against UGA right now.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
If UGA misses out on Godwin then I say this recruiting year was an epic and I mean epic fail.

xAuBuRn
02-04-2015, 03:22 PM
If UGA misses out on Godwin then I say this recruiting year was an epic and I mean epic fail.

You guys are getting Godwin. Would be a complete shock.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 03:23 PM

I hope you are right. If I'm not mistaken I believe him and Smith were pretty good buddies and there was talk about them being teammates.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Hardly.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:30 PM

Apparently he is wearing a Cam Newton "suit" (whatever that is) to his signing ceremony. :lol:

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 03:31 PM
At one time you were number 2 in the nation. To wind up at number 9 or maybe below that I'm not sure is a good thing. You also missed out on several in state prospects that in my opinion shouldn't happen. You should get more of those than not.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
We gotr the #1 overall rated recruit. That alone prevents it from being an "epic fail." We have a Top 10 in the country class - though admittedly only the 5th best in the SEC - ATM. It could get slightly better, or slightly worse. That isn't an "epic fail."

xAuBuRn
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Apparently he is wearing a Cam Newton "suit" (whatever that is) to his signing ceremony. :lol:

I don't think that means much. I would love to have him at Auburn, but I just do not see it. If he has hats on the table I think Auburn has a shot though. I don't see why you would do the hat game if you are already committed, but who knows.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't think that means much. I would love to have him at Auburn, but I just do not see it. If he has hats on the table I think Auburn has a shot though. I don't see why you would do the hat game if you are already committed, but who knows.

This years it seems as though it is a crap shoot. A couple of guys who flipped from UGA, came back. Two guys who flipped from UGA are still out there - though have publicly committed elsewhere (Smith and Jefferson), and Slayton flipped last night to Auburn. Nothing surprises me. If Godwin feels like Auburn is the best place for him, so be it.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 03:44 PM
http://vimeo.com/118732239

"Grantham didn't want me." SMH!!!! Good grief.
Grantham likes big ILBs like Hererra. Pruitt likes smaller, quicker ILBs like Smith.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 03:48 PM
This is the craziest NSD I can remember.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Grantham likes big ILBs like Hererra. Pruitt likes smaller, quicker ILBs like Smith.

Okay. I just never got the impression that Grantham was much of a recruiter.

DecaturDawg
02-04-2015, 04:04 PM
At one time you were number 2 in the nation. To wind up at number 9 or maybe below that I'm not sure is a good thing. You also missed out on several in state prospects that in my opinion shouldn't happen. You should get more of those than not.

Yeah. But it is tough, what with Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, etc. etc. just a drive down the road in any given direction. It probably affects all the schools the same. IMO, signing a kid because he is from your state is no longer a given. Twenty five years ago…maybe. Kids these day think in terms of the world, not their state.

Herchel
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Yeah. But it is tough, what with Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, etc. etc. just a drive down the road in any given direction. It probably affects all the schools the same. IMO, signing a kid because he is from your state is no longer a given. Twenty five years ago…maybe. Kids these day think in terms of the world, not their state.
That, and Alabama, SC, and TN don't have that much to poach. We do.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't understand what Grantham has to do with it. He's not at UGA anymore. That makes no sense to me.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 04:07 PM
We gotr the #1 overall rated recruit. That alone prevents it from being an "epic fail." We have a Top 10 in the country class - though admittedly only the 5th best in the SEC - ATM. It could get slightly better, or slightly worse. That isn't an "epic fail."

Epic may have been too strong but I still see it as a fail. Maybe my standards are too high.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I don't understand what Grantham has to do with it. He's not at UGA anymore. That makes no sense to me.

Did you watch the Smith video? He wasn't offered by UGA until 3 days before Pruitt was brought in. He said Grantham didn't want him.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Did you watch the Smith video? He wasn't offered by UGA until 3 days before Pruitt was brought in. He said Grantham didn't want him.

Yea I watched it but to me that doesn't carry any weight. Grantham didn't want him okay but Grantham's not at UGA anymore so who cares what Grantham wanted and didn't want? Your basing your decision on a guy who is no longer at said institution. That makes no sense to me.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 04:17 PM
No, I don't think he based his decision on that. I pointed it out because I don't think Grantham was all that into recruiting. Here (http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/04/breaking-roquan-smith-explains-what-the-heck-is-going-on-with-ucla-vs-uga/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_recruiting_sfp) is what is more likely relevant to Smith:

If Roquan Smith doesn’t sign with UCLA, the Bruins can blame Macon County High School’s football fans, reporters who ask too many questions – and UGA’s football coaches.
Signing Day was all supposed to be so simple for the 4-star linebacker who is rated as the state’s No. 5 overall college prospect.
In front of ESPN cameras on Wednesday, Smith stated his intentions to sign with UCLA, breaking the heart of his runner-up school, UGA.
This was a big deal for the hundreds of people from the small Georgia town of Montezuma who had gathered to hear the future plans of their most famous citizen
Macon County’s signing ceremony ran a little long. And when it was over, people lined up to get their picture taken with Smith. After that, Smith patiently answered endless questions from crowd of media there mostly to cover it from the UGA angle.
Things were taking so long that UCLA coaches began to call Smith’s coach to see what the holdup was. Smith had committed to the Bruins on national TV, but he had yet to sign the official paperwork. UCLA wanted the paperwork because kids are kids – and they can change their minds in a hurry.
So just as Roquan and his coach started finishing up the paperwork to send to UCLA, they noticed their cells were getting blown up by UGA’s coaches.
How about this for timing? There were reports surfacing that UCLA defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich was joining the Atlanta Falcons as a linebackers coach. Smith’s relationship with Ulbrich was the reason he committed to UCLA over UGA.
And that’s why Smith, committed to UCLA but unsigned, remained unsure of his college plans on Wednesday afternoon.
Here’s a Q&A with Macon County coach Larry Harold:
What’s the latest? “It’s crazy today. We just got the news on Coach Ulbrich getting the offer from the Atlanta Falcons. Roquan just holding his UCLA papers to see what Coach Ulbrich is going to do. We’re just sitting tight right now.”
Take me through what happened? “A lot had to do with that we had a long ceremony. I don’t know if you saw all the people. He was taking a lot of pictures, and then he did a bunch of media interviews. It took a while to do all of that, and the UCLA coaches were calling to ask about the paper. At that time, the news was breaking about Coach Ulbrich and the Falcons. We’re holding onto the papers to see what Coach Ulbrich is going to do. We’re mulling over the options.”
How did Roquan find out about the report on Ulbrich and the Falcons? “He found out from the UGA coaches about it. It was real smart by them. They called him and said ‘Check this ASAP.”
What about UCLA and Ulbrich? “We just got off the phone with Ulbrich. He said he hasn’t signed any papers with the Falcons. So he talked to Roquan, and he let him know that he was going to check into everything and get back to him.”
Did Ulbrich confirm that he had an offer from the Falcons? “Yes, he did confirm that with us that he did have an offer. He was very candid and honest. He just hated that it broke on Social Media before he had the chance to call.”
How big did Ulbrich factor into Roquan’s choice of UCLA over UGA? “That’s what his decision to UCLA came down to – Roquan’s relationship with Ulbrich. That’s what it came down to as the difference between UGA and UCLA. He has been there since the first day. Recruiting is about the relationships. It always comes down to the relationships.”
Where do things go from here? “If I knew, I wish I could tell you. We are just going to sit tight and see how everything develops. A lot of these coaches want kids to commit early, and then they do a lot of fooling around. It’s the coaches either getting hired or fired – it makes the whole process much more difficult. That’s how Texas A&M and Michigan came in (due to coaching changes). It’s just crazy, and it affects the lives of these young men because they get used to one coach at one school. And then that coach moves to another school, and it changes everything for the kids.”
What is UGA telling you? “They said ‘We aren’t going anywhere.’ They did a great job of recruiting Roquan. It was just about the relationship with Coach Ulbrich. We’re going to see if he accepts the job before we move forward with anything We’re going to see what happens.”
If Ulbrich leaves UCLA, will Roquan sign with UGA? “I don’t know. I can’t say.”
If Ulbrich stays at UCLA, does Roquan sign with UCLA? “Pretty much. But don’t say that because then everybody is going to pray he comes to the Falcons.”
What is Roquan’s mindset right now? “He was glad everything was over and he had made his decision for UCLA. And now he’s like … there’s all this new stuff. This is a lot on a young man. I feel sorry for him. It’s just one of those things that is new for us. It’s like a soap opera.”

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Smith apparently is "reopening search." Cmon Falcons, get Ulbrich in there. :lol:

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Man, that would be an all time steal right there...

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 04:25 PM
So there's still a chance or not?

dnmuga93
02-04-2015, 04:26 PM
So there's still a chance or not?

Apparently so if Ulbrich takes the Falcons offer.

Holy isht, that would be amazing...

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Apparently so if Ulbrich takes the Falcons offer.

Holy isht, that would be amazing...

Apparently Ulbrich was offered the job last night, yet didn't tell Smith? Damn, how can Smith trust him now? :)

Optik
02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Man, that would be an all time steal right there...

Ulbricht and UCLA are pulling some shady ****. He knew damn well he was going to the Falcons WAY before it came out and didn't tell Roquan. They were waiting to release that news until after they had all the LOIs. That is some slimy, dirty ******** right there. F**k you, Mora.

That said, Roquan is acting like a kid that took $$$ and feels like he is bound by it now.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Ulbricht and UCLA are pulling some shady ****. He knew damn well he was going to the Falcons WAY before it came out and didn't tell Roquan. They were waiting to release that news until after they had all the LOIs. That is some slimy, dirty ******** right there. F**k you, Mora.

That said, Roquan is acting like a kid that took $$$ and feels like he is bound by it now.

So recruiting guru, what's happening with Godwin? :)

Optik
02-04-2015, 05:13 PM
So recruiting guru, what's happening with Godwin? :)

:banghead:

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
I'll take as he goes with Auburn. Oh well...

Optik
02-04-2015, 05:15 PM
I'll take as he goes with Auburn. Oh well...

I want to think he is just trolling really hard, but with the way Slayton and Roquan have gone, I am not sure.

Probably safest to take it that way, lol.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Crap we can't lose him too.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Bleacher Report is calling the class for UGA so I assume that means we lost out?

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 06:16 PM
We got him

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Who? Smith or Godwin?

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Nevermind AJC answered my own question lol.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgCXGPAQe0

GDawg88
02-04-2015, 06:42 PM
What a damn good class for UGA. Love the big uglies we added in the trenches and very relieved we hung on to Godwin.

Would have liked to have seen one more big-time receiver, but we've gotten a lot better with these 29 guys in the fold.

Bama_Man
02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Congrats on Godwin, that was important to lock up IMO. He was the best WR that had UGA on their radar, and he is a very solid athlete. I posted in another thread about how much I like Godwin.

Grats on Rico too, but that was no surprise, we knew that was coming. He is still a good player dont get me wrong Alabama would have loved to have him, but we kinda knew he was gonna go elsewhere and UGA was the likely destination.

UGA had a lot of turmoil, but I'd be pretty darn happy landing guys like Thompson and Godwin.

I don't envy the waiting game, it seemed like all of Alabama's guys were locked up earlier and the only real surprise today was Charlot but even that was not a real surprise, I knew we had a shot at him and it looked like we were his leader.

But I'd take the blood pressure increase to land arguably the nation's top DL and WR, great class.

lbzdually
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM
He wanted us to sweat. I wished UGA would have gotten the big 6'4"-6'6" WR than can go get the jump balls too, but having a guy as quick as Godwin with the kind of electrifying talent he has is still pretty awesome. Now UGA has an abundance of super-quick athletes in Malcolm Mitchell, Godwin, McKenzie, Reggie Davis, Michel.

lbzdually
02-04-2015, 06:52 PM
What a damn good class for UGA. Love the big uglies we added in the trenches and very relieved we hung on to Godwin.

Would have liked to have seen one more big-time receiver, but we've gotten a lot better with these 29 guys in the fold.

I agree, UGA addressed their needs. I would have liked a few more big names on defense, but I trust Pruitt to develop the guys UGA got.

Djshockley3
02-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Really happy with this class.

Optik
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Bleacher Report is calling the class for UGA so I assume that means we lost out?

Sorry, I had to step out. BR is calling this done WAY too early, we got Godwin and looks good on Roquan, but I'll believe that one when the LOI is in.

Optik
02-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Congrats on Godwin, that was important to lock up IMO. He was the best WR that had UGA on their radar, and he is a very solid athlete. I posted in another thread about how much I like Godwin.

Grats on Rico too, but that was no surprise, we knew that was coming. He is still a good player dont get me wrong Alabama would have loved to have him, but we kinda knew he was gonna go elsewhere and UGA was the likely destination.

UGA had a lot of turmoil, but I'd be pretty darn happy landing guys like Thompson and Godwin.

I don't envy the waiting game, it seemed like all of Alabama's guys were locked up earlier and the only real surprise today was Charlot but even that was not a real surprise, I knew we had a shot at him and it looked like we were his leader.

But I'd take the blood pressure increase to land arguably the nation's top DL and WR, great class.

One guy not getting mentioned in here who is going to be really good is Juwann Briscoe. Everyone is sleeping on him and I do not know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0b7EbHAPCo

Optik
02-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Also, I was so glad to see Kirby Choates get an offer. Kid is a Dawg through and through, after this article a couple of days ago, I was pulling hard for it. Deontai Williams going to Ohio (grades) opened the spot up and he was the offer. Probably committed before they finished the sentence offering him.

Kirby Choates, who take an official visit to UGA this weekend, will find out on Tuesday if he has a scholarship offer from the Bulldogs.

Choates is a 3-star safety from Tri-Cities High School who attracted late interest from UGA and other schools after improving his grades.

If UGA offers Choates a scholarship, the lifelong Bulldog fan will accept it. He also has offers from Georgia Southern, UMass and Tennessee State, among others.

“It was a great visit to Georgia,” Choates told the AJC on Sunday night. “Everything went awesome. They treated me well.

“I will know Tuesday if I have a scholarship from Georgia.”

When asked what had to happen for him to get the UGA offer, Choates replied, “Just make sure you guy are at my high school later this week. It’s worth the wait with Georgia. I don’t have a problem with this. I will know Tuesday. That’s my dream school. If they offer me, then I’m going to Georgia.”

Choates took official visits to Tennessee State, UMass and Georgia Southern. There’s also another school trying to get into the mix.

“Louisville called me before I went to UGA to see if I could do an official there rather than Georgia,” Choates said. “They were going to offer me a scholarship. I told them that I was taking my official to UGA, and they understood. They said the offer stands on the table.”

Apparently, UGA has other targets, such as DeAndre Baker and Terry Godwin, holding scholarship offers, and the Bulldogs will wait to see what they do before promise anything to Coates.

Really happy to see a kid get an offer to a certain school when he wants it that badly. :cheers:

lbzdually
02-04-2015, 10:02 PM
One guy not getting mentioned in here who is going to be really good is Juwann Briscoe. Everyone is sleeping on him and I do not know why.

I keep forgetting about him when I type, but you're right I believe. He has great ball skills and has legit sub 4.4 laser timed speed. That and he's over 6' tall has the makings of being a great corner. Can you imagine a defensive backfield with him, Godwin, and Donte Jackson? UGA was just hair away, even though Godwin will see a lot of offense, imo.

Storm
02-05-2015, 03:03 AM
Sounds like UCLA did Roquan Smith dirty. Georgia and Michigan back in it. As well as aTm, from what I heard

Herchel
02-05-2015, 07:09 AM

I'm not. I picked him as the breakout player in another thread.

Herchel
02-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Sounds like UCLA did Roquan Smith dirty. Georgia and Michigan back in it. As well as aTm, from what I heard

He has no more officials, so it is unlikely that he will visit outside the region.

lbzdually
02-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Well Roquan is not listed on UCLA's recruit list now, so he may be flipping.

Dawg in Dallas
02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Not picking on GG, cause at the time this was posted, it looked like both Godwin and Smith were headed elsewhere. I just use it to say with those two in the fold we got 8 out of the top 11 prospects in Georgia. Considering our competition for the talent in Georgia, that is pretty damn good.

dnmuga93
02-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Not picking on GG, cause at the time this was posted, it looked like both Godwin and Smith were headed elsewhere. I just use it to say with those two in the fold we got 8 out of the top 11 prospects in Georgia. Considering our competition for the talent in Georgia, that is pretty damn good.

Not only that, but Jeremy Pruitt signed the top 7 defensive players in GA. Can't do better than that IMO.

Herchel
02-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Not only that, but Jeremy Pruitt signed the top 7 defensive players in GA. Can't do better than that IMO.
Just because they are defensive players doesn't mean Pruitt got them. Lilly recruited Roquan.