Florida Gators NSD Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gators NSD Thread

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 12:08 AM
LOIs

Tyler Jordan
Andrew Ivie
Jordan Scarlett

IBCW
02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
CeCe Jefferson to the Gators

Herchel
02-04-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't think Byron Cowart has sent is LOI to Auburn.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Buchanan, a UGA OL target chose Florida. Congrats. He was a Cal commit until about two days ago.

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Florida has put together a monster finish on NSD. We lost Derrick Dillon to LSU but that has been known for weeks. From what I heard, Horton was not being sent a LOI, so his flip was well, what was he going to do.

Florida picks up 2 of the Top 10 players in the country in CeCe Jefferson and Martez Ivey. Also add D'Anfernee McGriff (who might need prep but have heard him qualifying is still possible), Jordan Cronkrite, Antonio Callaway, Nick Buchanan and Keivonnis Davis (former Oregon State commit). Florida hit south Florida hard getting like 8 from the tri-county area.

Given that this staff had less than one month to recruit as a group, its a huge statement day for McElwain and this group of coaches. One of the most interesting battles was Callaway. UF went into Booker T Washington in Miami and took him away from Miami and Ice Harris, who normally owns that school.

The gauntlet is thrown down and Miami is about to have their lunch taken in south Florida going forward.

Expected a huge day for Florida. And Mac delivered. Cowart still has not signed but expect him to go to AU. If he comes, this would be an all time epic NSD. However, just not expecting it unless they are determined to troll Muschamp and I doubt that.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Moved up 46 spots in the 247 rankings today - has to be the biggest move ever. Congrats.

2008 National Champions
02-04-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Moved up 46 spots in the 247 rankings today - has to be the biggest move ever. Congrats.Thanks DiD. I appreciate it. Congrats on another great class at UGA too. Excited for the future of Florida football under McElwain.

OxfordSeminole
02-04-2015, 09:03 PM
The gauntlet is thrown down and Miami is about to have their lunch taken in south Florida going forward.

I've heard more than a few people say this same thing. If UF rights the ship, between them and Jimbo, Miami is possibly about to lose all the best S. Florida kids.

xAuBuRn
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Florida had almost the best day possible. Only guys they missed on were Ryan Davis, Jeffery Holland, Byron Cowart. That may seem like big misses, but the only guy you could argue they were the favorite for was Cowart. Auburn was trending though. How many commitments did they get in the last week? 10+ I believe. They have talent on the roster. I expect next years class to be top 10 at worst. They have a QB and they can compete for championships next year like Auburn did in 2013.

2008 National Champions
02-04-2015, 09:52 PM
I expect a big improvement. Ivey will almost certainly be opening day starter at LT for us. CeCe should play a lot, too. I just hope the QB competition bewteen Grier and Treon makes them both better. I'm really excited to see Grier play in the O&B game.

I was not at all surprised about Cowert going to Auburn, I didn't think we had much chance with him once they hired Muschamp. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't regret the choice once Muschamp bolts for another HC job in a year or two. But I'm sure he will be happy there.

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I've heard more than a few people say this same thing. If UF rights the ship, between them and Jimbo, Miami is possibly about to lose all the best S. Florida kids.I agree and TRob at AU adds to the mix too. They are in a lot of danger right now. When Shannon goes into Miami and beats our Ice Harris for a kid Miami wanted badly, its a huge statement. FSU has been big down there for a long time. Miami is hanging on by a thin thread as is. Florida gets going with this staff and FSU doing what its doing, Miami has already been down a long, long time. It has the chance to become just the big 2 in the future.

xAub, thanks. AU is going to be dangerous with that offense and Muschamp's defense. And Cowart and Davis were tough losses for sure. Holland was gone for a while. Davis was headed to UF 2 days ago and then he was gone so that hurts. We need playmakers. Cowart hurts but at least with CeCe we got one of the big time pass rushers.

Friedchickenman
02-04-2015, 11:30 PM
I expect a big improvement. Ivey will almost certainly be opening day starter at LT for us. CeCe should play a lot, too. I just hope the QB competition bewteen Grier and Treon makes them both better. I'm really excited to see Grier play in the O&B game.

I was not at all surprised about Cowert going to Auburn, I didn't think we had much chance with him once they hired Muschamp. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't regret the choice once Muschamp bolts for another HC job in a year or two. But I'm sure he will be happy there.

Not happening, from what I heard he wants to stay in Auburn for at least four years while his son (starting freshman in high school), can graduate there. Also, FWIW, Muschamp might be the successor to Gus, if he decides to try out the NFL (which IMO he would 100% if Dallas ever offered him).

GatorMan32
02-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Muschamp as HC itd be worth losing Cowart if you all suffer what we did lol misery loves company and all.

Herchel
02-05-2015, 07:11 AM
Congrats on a fine class.

BigBamaFan
02-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Coach Mac will have Florida in beast mode soon enuff getting kids out of Florida just got a lot harder for the rest of us

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 01:04 PM
CeCe has yet to send his LOI and Florida's DL coach bolted to the NFL. If for some reason he backs out though it will probably be the black bears though. Just sign the letter. You do not choose a school for a DL coach.

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 01:15 PM
despite the social media BS he knew this was coming when he announced. the issue with his dad signing has nothing to do with this. i'll leave it at that for now.

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
despite the social media BS he knew this was coming when he announced. the issue with his dad signing has nothing to do with this. i'll leave it at that for now.

I have not followed it that much. Do you think he signs today?

Bama_Man
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
From what I read on ESPN just now that was posted an hour ago, his dad made it seem like he was in no hurry so who knows.

GMan, why does his dad obviously dislike UF? Do you think he is blocking CeCe from sending in his LOI? It sure seems like it.

EDIT--Added link
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/97926/five-star-cece-jeffersons-decision-on-hold

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
The source of this is the local newspaper editor:
@jonshu89[br]CeCe Jefferson said he was planning on sending in his NLI today. Said maybe tomorrow, but added he's not changing commitment to #Florida.

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM
From what I read on ESPN just now that was posted an hour ago, his dad made it seem like he was in no hurry so who knows.

GMan, why does his dad obviously dislike UF? Do you think he is blocking CeCe from sending in his LOI? It sure seems like it.

EDIT--Added link
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/97926/five-star-cece-jeffersons-decision-on-hold

No. His dad has a big Gator tattoo on his arm. So... consider what might motivate a lifelong Gator fan 30 minutes from the UF campus to want his son to be somewhere else. I'll leave that up to you.

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 02:55 PM
The Cece Jefferson situation....by Mike Farrell...

Ok, Leo, CeCe's dad, called me and explained what's going on. I'll put it in bullet points to be as direct as I can....

-- Leo Jefferson is not refusing to sign his son's LOI

-- CeCe himself is not ready to sign and told his father that yesterday after his announcement.

-- Leo said that if CeCe said to sign and fax the letter to Florida, it would be signed and sent right now.

-- The Jefferson's found out that coach Williams was headed to the NFL from other coaches recruiting him because coach McElwain was calling around looking for a defensive line coach for a week. The Florida staff never told the Jeffersons Williams was leaving. They don't know coach Rumph at all.

-- Leo said that the in home visit with coach McElwain was rushed, they stayed for an hour and rushed out the door to see a 2016 prospect and only talked about the new dorms and the new facilities on the visit. The visit paled in comparison to the other in home visits.

-- Leo is a Gators fan he says, CeCe considers Florida his dream school but neither feels good about the staff or the changes at DL coach. Leo's wife doesn't want him to go to Florida and both parents felt CeCe should go away from home to grow up and get away from all the Gators fans in Baker County and his friends that might distract him. But he made it clear that if CeCe wants to go to Florida, they are on board.

-- Leo mentioned some concern about Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program and that McElwain won't have the power at Florida that Saban, Freeze, Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

-- He wouldn't tell me what school he and his wife preferred for CeCe.

-- He said the coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30AM this morning so they could go on vacation. He said the only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1PM ET is McElwain. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called but Florida has not called him.

-- He said he doesn't need his "ass kissed" but the staff should have considered being honest with them about the DL coach change and they haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and he's not sure why.

-- Finally he said "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

The end.

Mike Farrell

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
I am hearing Auburn has a legitimate chance, but if his dad is forcing him to another school I want him to go to Florida. Auburn actually felt they had a shot I heard until the very last minutes.

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Really Mike Farrell? Its not his dad not letting him? Well his dad says otherwise.
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 3h3 hours ago
Five-star DE CeCe's Jefferson father, Leo: "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

So basically his dad is taking his own son's dream and for hi$ own rea$on$.

Farrell is a moron and has proven as much over and over in the last 24 hours. His own father openly admits he is standing in his own son's way.

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Can only hope his Mom cares more about what her son wants.

Herchel
02-05-2015, 03:55 PM
If the alternate school is Ole Miss, this makes perfect sense. Remember long time UGA lock, Laremy Tunsil?

IBCW
02-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Also heard Cece and family have made contact with Bama's Coaching staff....who knows at this point?

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Leo Jefferson ‏@frog2567 6m6 minutes ago

Yes we are holding out. Florida making to many coaching changes this is not a game it's my son life

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 04:58 PM
lulz

Tweet going around with a fake message from Leo that he was offered $1 mil from Ole Miss and kept it and is scared for his life that ole miss will call a hit on him. It's pure gold because there's people that believe it.

Friedchickenman
02-05-2015, 06:42 PM
CeCe's dad also said if his son 100% wanted to go to UF, he would send the papers in now. CeCe is the one at the base of this who feels used because he wasn't told his assistant coach was leaving. Can't blame him for that.

7 @cecejeferson7 7h 7 hours ago
Coach Williams really left?.......

2008 National Champions
02-05-2015, 06:51 PM
If they had heard from other coaches except the Florida coaches about the DL coach leaving, and that was an issue, then why did he choose Florida the other day?

If the guy doesn't want to be a Gator then he can go be something else. I don't really care at this point. But until he sends and LOI somewhere else, I'm going to assume he will be a Gator.

2008 National Champions
02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
So that's that.

http://i.imgur.com/CevSYea.png

GatorMan32
02-05-2015, 08:33 PM
CeCe is and has been all Gator. Its good of him to cover for his Dad though. He is a really good kid. Get the paper signed by mom if need be and let him do what he wants to with his life.

xAuBuRn
02-05-2015, 09:30 PM
CeCe is and has been all Gator. Its good of him to cover for his Dad though. He is a really good kid. Get the paper signed by mom if need be and let him do what he wants to with his life.

I would put him being a gator 85-90%. Even in his most recent tweets he said be sure... so obviously he is not 100% gator or the LOI would be in by now. Auburn had a guy commit a few years ago (5 star) then flip to bama because his parents did not like his decision.

You ARE NOT a gator if you need to be sure. Are you a gator lean maybe even commit? Yes. This one is far from over IMO. I say 90% Florida and 5% Ole Miss, 5 % Auburn. I say 2 weeks before he signs and that will be Florida.

rstew3
02-05-2015, 11:00 PM
The parents and CeCe know that the coach is gone now. If he was all Gator, that wouldn't have been the delay anyway. Hate it for the kid, but it doesn't look like he is getting what HE wants.

GatorMan32
02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Uh yeah apparently his dad is keeping the LOI from him. Apparently Mom would have signed it already so it'd be done if his Dad wasn't holding the LOI. I think UF will need to get him another one for Mom to sign with him.

GatorMan32
02-06-2015, 12:06 AM
He's like Landon Collins mom on steroids at this point.

OxfordSeminole
02-06-2015, 01:24 AM
#TheNetwork

swampmonster
02-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Don't care for drama.

Come on this is ridiculous.

At this point his family needs to
support him, no matter the decision.

Is dad going to create drama later on?

If so he can go elsewhere as far
as I'm concerned.

Dawg in Dallas
02-06-2015, 07:41 AM
He's like Landon Collins mom on steroids at this point.

Seems like Alex Collins had this problem as well.

GatorMan32
02-06-2015, 09:41 AM
True. He did. I think UF needs to send another LOI to the school for his mom and CeCe to sign

GatorMan32
02-08-2015, 04:34 PM
UPDATE 4:22pm: Multiple sources have confirmed to me that Cece’s LOI is in. The timing of the official announcement from UF is not yet known, but the sources have each said that it will probably be in sometime tomorrow. To no one’s surprise, his mother was the one who signed it. Here’s what I’ve been told. Cece went to the game last night with no LOI in hand. He enjoyed the game as a fan. But at some point after the game, he must have slipped into the athletic offices and gotten a new one, which he took home with him, quietly gave to his mother to sign, and then faxed it in sometime this morning/afternoon. There are still some details missing- how many LOI’s UF had to send the Jefferson’s, how his mother went behind his father’s back to sign it, and how it got faxed in without his father knowing- but those details are irrelevant at this point. All that we’re waiting for now is the statement from UF, and we can raise the Mission Accomplished flag.

http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/blog/gators-nsd-table.html

Friedchickenman
02-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Glad he got to go where he wants to go..this type of thing is insane..and is a big reason for why schools are pushing for early signing periods, etc. without all the drama of NSD.

swampmonster
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Okay, glad the drama is over.

Now get to work Cece.

Welcome to the Gator Nation.

GatorMan32
02-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Not sure the drama was on CeCe. He was all Gator. Glad it's done. He can step in for Fowler.