? for guys in South Carolina about RB Matt Colburn [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : ? for guys in South Carolina about RB Matt Colburn

BIGBLUEQ
02-03-2015, 03:41 PM
This kid is the current South Carolina 2014 Mr. Football. 5'9", 190+ lbs, 4.38 speed, but his offer sheet isn't great. Was committed to Louisville, but Petrino pulled his BS, told him they wanted him to greyshirt, and he told them to stick in their ear. So just wondering why a kid with his measureables doesn't have more high D-1 offers. Just looking for some insight on this kid.

Watched his Hudl highlights, and this kid looks like the real deal to me. 1700+ rushing yards, 27 rushing TDs and 1900+ total yards and 29 TDs as a Sr. I think he would be a nice addition for Kentucky as we currently don't have a RB in this class, but not sure we are looking at him hard at this point. He had been committed to UL for the past 8 months. Any insight is appreciated if anyone knows anything about this young man.

JRS
02-04-2015, 09:04 AM
This kid is the current South Carolina 2014 Mr. Football. 5'9", 190+ lbs, 4.38 speed, but his offer sheet isn't great. Was committed to Louisville, but Petrino pulled his BS, told him they wanted him to greyshirt, and he told them to stick in their ear. So just wondering why a kid with his measureables doesn't have more high D-1 offers. Just looking for some insight on this kid.

Watched his Hudl highlights, and this kid looks like the real deal to me. 1700+ rushing yards, 27 rushing TDs and 1900+ total yards and 29 TDs as a Sr. I think he would be a nice addition for Kentucky as we currently don't have a RB in this class, but not sure we are looking at him hard at this point. He had been committed to UL for the past 8 months. Any insight is appreciated if anyone knows anything about this young man.

Fromn what I heard is that he wasn't impressive at the Shrine Bowl and that he is smaller than his advertised measurables. I also heard there is possibly some grade issues but that could be just message board fodder.