Who will be the best player of the 2015 class? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the best player of the 2015 class?

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
What player do you guys believe will end up being the best player out of the class? Its rare that the top ranked, 5* kid is the best player in a class (Fournette withstanding). Most often, its a 2-3* player who is motivated and overlooked and comes out with a point to prove, or an elite athlete hell bent on becoming the best.

In Bama's class, I really like Fitzpatrick as a CB prospect, I believe he has the size and speed to play early. But I thought the same thing about Tony Brown but he never became a great player as a freshman. Flowers, the RB, is a baller and Chance Warmack's little brother Dallas has great genes. If Dallas is as motivated and mean as Chance, we have an elite prospect ready to go.

Overall, I really like Terry Godwin (UGA), I believe he can be the best kid in the entire class if he pans out. UGA got a stud. Calvin Ridley, the Bama recruit, is more highly touted but I really like Godwin for some reason.

dnmuga93
01-27-2015, 04:02 PM
I think Trenton Thompson could be an immediate impact player on the Dline.

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 04:23 PM
But picking Trent Thompson is low hanging fruit LOL, he is the #1 overall recruit. He is as good as a guy like Deshawn Hand, who 247 had #1 for a while last year, but not quite as talented a prospect as Robert Nkemdiche

Herchel
01-27-2015, 04:36 PM
What player do you guys believe will end up being the best player out of the class? Its rare that the top ranked, 5* kid is the best player in a class (Fournette withstanding). Most often, its a 2-3* player who is motivated and overlooked and comes out with a point to prove, or an elite athlete hell bent on becoming the best.

In Bama's class, I really like Fitzpatrick as a CB prospect, I believe he has the size and speed to play early. But I thought the same thing about Tony Brown but he never became a great player as a freshman. Flowers, the RB, is a baller and Chance Warmack's little brother Dallas has great genes. If Dallas is as motivated and mean as Chance, we have an elite prospect ready to go.

Overall, I really like Terry Godwin (UGA), I believe he can be the best kid in the entire class if he pans out. UGA got a stud. Calvin Ridley, the Bama recruit, is more highly touted but I really like Godwin for some reason.
Belue said Godwin is Odell Beckham, JR. If so, that's pretty good.

Herchel
01-27-2015, 05:58 PM
UGA had 3 5 stars last year, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, and Lorenzo Carter. All lived up to expectations. The sleeper in the class was Dominick Sanders, a 3 star. I think he is All SEC.
I think the sleeper in this class is Juwuan Briscoe.

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
I dont believe you can say Carter has lived up to his 5* billing just yet

dnmuga93
01-27-2015, 10:02 PM

Maybe not, but we sure didn't lose much when he stepped in for Leonard Floyd at the end of the season.

I think he'll be a load to handle next year.

joehogjoe
01-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Ty Storey QB, could be Rawleigh Williams who knows. The Magic 8 Ball says ask again.

Herchel
01-28-2015, 05:42 AM

He was a true freshman with two draft picks in front of him. He made plays when he got on the field.

Optik
01-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Ty Storey QB, could be Rawleigh Williams who knows. The Magic 8 Ball says ask again.

IMO, he will be the best QB in the class.

Best overall, even though it is low hanging fruit, I think it'll be Trent Thompson. I think the services are going to get it right this time. He is a BEAST.

Friedchickenman
01-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Sleeper-Kaleb Kim. Has been quietly committed to us for a while now. https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Army-East-OL-vs-DL-Part-2-1131803;_ylt=AnDDoiRQeNZ4HT4Cr0huhKg.rJB4, Around 1:08 after Trenton Thompson demolishes the previous guys that tried to 1v1 block him, Kim blocks him into the ground, then blocks him again. Very good technique.

Stud that can't miss-Jovon Robinson. Probably the most talented running back we will have in our backfield since Ronnie Brown/Carnell Williams/Brandon Jacobs were here.

xAuBuRn
01-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Sleeper-Kaleb Kim. Has been quietly committed to us for a while now. https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Army-East-OL-vs-DL-Part-2-1131803;_ylt=AnDDoiRQeNZ4HT4Cr0huhKg.rJB4, Around 1:08 after Trenton Thompson demolishes the previous guys that tried to 1v1 block him, Kim blocks him into the ground, then blocks him again. Very good technique.

Stud that can't miss-Jovon Robinson. Probably the most talented running back we will have in our backfield since Ronnie Brown/Carnell Williams/Brandon Jacobs were here.

You got some high expectations ehhh? I agree he has the talent to be really good. He has got to drop 10-15 pounds. He also needs to protect the football. If he does that than there is no reason that he can't be as good as those guys.

I think Godwin will be very special. UGA got a real good one unless we can flip him.

Bama_Man
01-30-2015, 10:05 PM
I think Barnett is better than Storey