Vols #2 in latest 247 Rankings. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vols #2 in latest 247 Rankings.

houndofthebaskervols
01-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Alvin Kamara got his 5th star. Woohoo! Nipping at Bama's heels.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/TeamRankings

xAuBuRn
01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Nobody has a chance to catch bama. A very outside shot of USC. They got two 5 stars left that are pretty much locks. I don't know who else they got left though. How does UT take 30-35 players every year?

Dawg in Dallas
01-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Nobody has a chance to catch bama. A very outside shot of USC. They got two 5 stars left that are pretty much locks. I don't know who else they got left though. How does UT take 30-35 players every year?

They don't. They took 32 last year, but the two years before they only took 23.

houndofthebaskervols
01-26-2015, 04:04 PM

I'm not worried about Alabama. If we finish in the Top 5 I'll be happy as a clam. And UT is just backcounting, nobody has had more attrition in the last 5 years.

houndofthebaskervols
01-27-2015, 11:36 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9jvZK8CAAIfexv.jpg:large

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Nipping at our heels with our own rejects, I could shed a tear I'm so proud LOL

In all seriousness I think Kamara can play, but it is funny that he would be the guy that put UT up near Alabama as he was committed and enrolled there first.

Herchel
01-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Nipping at our heels with our own rejects, I could shed a tear I'm so proud LOL

In all seriousness I think Kamara can play, but it is funny that he would be the guy that put UT up near Alabama as he was committed and enrolled there first.
He wanted to go to UGA next, but looked at the depth chart.

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 02:47 PM
He wanted to go to UGA next, but looked at the depth chart.

Yeah he knew UT was his best shot at playing time, I bet he HATES Hurd tho now lol even tho hed never admit it.

He is from Georgia, but theres no way he was gonna beat out a potentially healthy Marshall and Chubb/Michel this year and he knew that.

He also knew that Tyren Jones was likely ahead of him at Bama so he left. Henry will be RB1 next year, with Drake (if healthy) and Tyren Jones being the breather back. Drake will not just be a backup RB, he will likely play a ton of snaps if he is 100% healthy because he is so versatile and such a dynamic weapon.

Kamara is a good kid, and a good player, but he isnt gonna be ahead of Henry/Drake at Bama or the UGA RBs.
He can push Hurd tho, UT will have a great 1-2 punch with Kamara and Hurd next season to go with their elite WR unit.

Dawg in Dallas
01-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Here is the final projection for 247 (http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Recruiting-Rankings-Projecting-The-Final-Top-10--35105536), which oddly has the Vols currently 4th, not 2nd:

1. Bama
2. USC
3. Texas (if Murray and a couple others flip)
4. FSU
5. UGA
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn
8. Texas (without the flip of Murray, et al)
9. Clemson
10. A&M (If they keep Murray, et al)
11. Ohio State
12. LSU
13. Notre Dame

Dawg in Dallas
01-27-2015, 02:51 PM
I figured out the oddity. OP uses 247 rankings only. The projection if from the composite, where Tennessee is currently 4th. My bad.

Bama_Man
01-27-2015, 02:59 PM
The only school that could catch Alabama is USC IIRC, but it does not matter at all. These recruiting rankings mean jack **** without a good development process. You can land all the 5* kids in the world but if you can't coach, you can't win.

That's why coaches like Meyer, Richt, Saban, Miles, Jimbo, etc... are all dangerous coaches. They get big time recruits and still have elite development programs.
If Charlie Strong can prove he is an elite talent developer, or Kevin Sumlin, one of those schools should be a top 5 school year in and out going forward.

Harbaugh will be successful at Michigan too, he should get better recruits at UM than he did at Stanford so he has a better deck to deal from, but he will never have another Andrew Luck. Thats my only reservation with Harbaugh, he has never won without an elite QB prospect. At Stanford he had Luck, in the NFL he had Kap. He will have to prove he can keep getting great QBs to play under him, which should not be a problem.

Really Big Bama Fan
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Alvin Kamara got his 5th star. Woohoo! Nipping at Bama's heels.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/TeamRankings

Congratulations on what looks to be an outstanding class.