Chris Westry to flip from Auburn to Kentucky [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Chris Westry to flip from Auburn to Kentucky

BIGBLUEQ
01-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Being reported on some of the UK message boards, Chris Westry, 6'4", CB, from Orange Park, FL. Took official visit to Lexington over the weekend, and met with coaches again today, and has give his verbal to Stoops and company. Had offers from Auburn, Florida, South Florida, Central Florida, Arkansas, and Kentucky, from what I have heard.

That is some good size for a CB, something that a lot of teams are doing now, finding some taller DBs to play some of these big, athletic receivers that everyone has now.

xAuBuRn
01-20-2015, 06:09 PM
I wish we would of kept him, but apperently Muschamp had other guys he felt better about. I guess we will see in a few years if that was the correct decision or not.

Friedchickenman
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Muschamp's defense requires a lot of coverage ability and range from his corners. Westry fits the mold of someone who will defend jump balls/red zone well, but lacks the agility to fit into Muschamp's scheme as to what he wants from a CB. It's just a case where the previous staff was recruiting corners with size whereas Muschamp isn't interested in size and has always done better with smaller corners (Jonathan Wilhite, Jerraud Powers @ AU for instance). Good pickup though for Kentucky.

BIGBLUEQ
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Muschamp must have liked something about him, he had offered him at Florida. Some folks think he may be able to play both positions in college, CB or S. Has good hips, size, and pretty good speed for a big DB.

xAuBuRn
01-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Muschamp must have liked something about him, he had offered him at Florida. Some folks think he may be able to play both positions in college, CB or S. Has good hips, size, and pretty good speed for a big DB.

That offer was soft. He could not commit to Florida. I liked him, but I trust Muschamp if he is wanting to go a different direction.