Optik? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Optik?

Djshockley3
01-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Donte Jackson is going to commit on Wed, is that UGA's last prospect?

Optik
01-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Sorry, didn't see this. We weren't getting Donte, even though we discovered him and offered first, we'd been playing catch-up for a while. After the disappointing season, it's a testament to Pruitt that we even made it that close for him.

Is that our last prospect? No, not by a long shot. We are still recruiting tons of guys. Still have at least 7 spots, IIRC. Anyone in particular?

dnmuga93
01-22-2015, 02:02 PM
I see we have a couple of OL in this weekend.

I'd like to get Sam Madden out of NJ. Dude looks like a monster....

Bama_Man
01-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Sorry, didn't see this. We weren't getting Donte, even though we discovered him and offered first, we'd been playing catch-up for a while. After the disappointing season, it's a testament to Pruitt that we even made it that close for him.

Is that our last prospect? No, not by a long shot. We are still recruiting tons of guys. Still have at least 7 spots, IIRC. Anyone in particular?

Can you shed some light on who Bama may close with? Our class is basically done but there are 3-4 targets still out there.

Optik
01-22-2015, 06:29 PM

He does. I had no idea who he was, but 6'7" 345 is someone I'm willing to give a chance, especially alongside Pat Allen who I expect to get back. Also keep an eye on Nick Buchanan, the 2-star Cal commit out of Dunwoody. Possible we'd take all 3.

scgamecock312
01-23-2015, 08:03 AM

We are in the running for Madden as well and I honestly hope that we don't get him. Doesn't look very athletic and looks slow.

Herchel
01-23-2015, 08:25 AM
I think UGA finishes with:
Roquan Smith
Patrick Allen
Rico McGraw
Arden Key

If Azzani leaves UT, maybe Preston Williams.

Possibly
Madden
Buchanon
Williamson

Optik
01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Can you shed some light on who Bama may close with? Our class is basically done but there are 3-4 targets still out there.

Pretty sure Custis is gone. Okeke-Valentine is reclassifying back to '16 most likely and Rico is probably flipping back to UGA.

Looks like Bama will get Charlot back and I know Kiffin REALLY likes Davis. KJ Hill has to be considered a big Bama lean right now, too. There is talk of Cager, but I don't see him flipping. I am not sure if Bama can take all three of those WRs or not.

Also looking hard for another OT, probably Prince unless Richmond reschedules that visit.

Optik
01-23-2015, 03:16 PM
And Prince actually committed to you guys earlier today BM, that post was supposed to be posted last night, but I forgot to press the post button.

Charlot is almost certain and I like you guys to get either Davis or Hill, but with the happenings at Hill's high school and AU supposedly leading for Davis atm, I'm not sure which.

Optik
01-23-2015, 03:18 PM
We are in the running for Madden as well and I honestly hope that we don't get him. Doesn't look very athletic and looks slow.

Agree he doesn't look that athletic, but OL is such a crapshoot and he has the size you want so I'd be willing to take him on as a project.

xAuBuRn
01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Optik sorry to derail the thread. Do you think CeCe, Holland, Cowart is a package deal and where do you think they ultimately land?

Optik
01-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Optik sorry to derail the thread. Do you think CeCe, Holland, Cowart is a package deal and where do you think they ultimately land?

Holland goes to Auburn with Ole Miss as a darkhorse, Cowart to FSU, and Cece...to Ole Miss.

lbzdually
01-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Does UGA have any chance with Preston Williams? UGA will be very thin at WR for 2016, and even this year if there is an injury or 2. I hope Godwin signs with UGA and he can be what Malcolm Mitchell was supposed to be before injury. I want Williams because he is a big WR that that can win jump balls.

Optik
01-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Does UGA have any chance with Preston Williams? UGA will be very thin at WR for 2016, and even this year if there is an injury or 2. I hope Godwin signs with UGA and he can be what Malcolm Mitchell was supposed to be before injury. I want Williams because he is a big WR that that can win jump balls.

Depends on UT's WR coach. He leaves and I actually think we have a pretty good shot at flipping Preston. Godwin is not flipping.

BTW, Cowart should have said AU or FSU, but I'm actually leaning FSU even though they're a dark horse. The Brad Lawing hire will get them back in this race IMO.

xAuBuRn
01-24-2015, 11:34 PM
Depends on UT's WR coach. He leaves and I actually think we have a pretty good shot at flipping Preston. Godwin is not flipping.

BTW, Cowart should have said AU or FSU, but I'm actually leaning FSU even though they're a dark horse. The Brad Lawing hire will get them back in this race IMO.

What do you mean by should have? He said Auburn and Florida are his top two. I believe him. He went on a visit to Florida and left early (some say mom moving others say his mom was called into work). He grew up a Florida fan. Yes, he has a good relationship with Lawing, but he said he does not plan to visit Florida State on the 30th. If he drags it out past signing day than I believe Florida State has a chance. If not it is Auburn or Florida. Auburn is trending, but he could be trolling us.

I agree that Godwin sticks with UGA, but he does not visit Auburn 3-4 times during the season and another time after the season if he is 100% committed. I can see CeCe going to Ole Miss, but if Holland ends up at Ole Miss something fishy went down.

Preston Williams is probably UGA if UT WR's coach leaves. I don't know a lot about his recruitment other than he is visiting Auburn this week (good friends with Colbert) and will visit UGA next week I believe. I think it is a coin flip with UGA-UT.

dnmuga93
01-25-2015, 02:47 PM
247 is reporting Sam Madden just committed to UGA. 6'7" and 335 OT. A position of need in our class.

xAuBuRn
01-25-2015, 04:26 PM
247 is reporting Sam Madden just committed to UGA. 6'7" and 335 OT. A position of need in our class.

That guy is HUGE.

Optik
01-25-2015, 04:56 PM
What do you mean by should have? He said Auburn and Florida are his top two. I believe him. He went on a visit to Florida and left early (some say mom moving others say his mom was called into work). He grew up a Florida fan. Yes, he has a good relationship with Lawing, but he said he does not plan to visit Florida State on the 30th. If he drags it out past signing day than I believe Florida State has a chance. If not it is Auburn or Florida. Auburn is trending, but he could be trolling us.

I meant that I accidentally forgot to mention AU in the first post. I believe him too...about Auburn, but not completely where UF is concerned and not at all where FSU is concerned. He narrowed his choices just before his self-professed favorite coach was hired at FSU. I will be very surprised if they don't become a factor and possibly even snag him in the end.

Auburn is on top by all appearances and I don't think he is really trying to troll AU, he is just something of a diva and an attention ho and I wouldn't be shocked if we don't hear much at all new regarding him until NSD when he announces with an AU and UF hat on the table only for him to reach under the table and pull out a Seminoles hat. If NSD were today, he's Auburn, but give Lawing time to talk to him and the complexion of this recruitment will very likely change.

I agree that Godwin sticks with UGA, but he does not visit Auburn 3-4 times during the season and another time after the season if he is 100% committed. I can see CeCe going to Ole Miss, but if Holland ends up at Ole Miss something fishy went down.

Preston Williams is probably UGA if UT WR's coach leaves. I don't know a lot about his recruitment other than he is visiting Auburn this week (good friends with Colbert) and will visit UGA next week I believe. I think it is a coin flip with UGA-UT.

I don't think Holland goes OM, but they are a dark horse. He's probably just building excitement for his announcement though. I can't see him going anywhere but AU right now. I'm not saying Godwin is 100%, just that I'm not worried about him. Fully expect his LOI in Athens.

Preston all depends on Azzanni and who they hire at OC. If it is Debord, that'll pretty much mean a whole new O staff.

Optik
01-25-2015, 05:02 PM
That guy is HUGE.

This is he and Ben Cleveland in Athens this weekend. I think the right side of our line is going to be just fine the next few years.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/601/388/3388601.jpg

Friedchickenman
01-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Cowart announced that he's taking a week off from recruiting, imo it's still an Auburn/Florida race, unless FSU can get him to visit or talk, but I feel pretty good about our chances with him.

UGA was trying to get Arden Key to visit on the 30th instead of Auburn, but he confirmed that he is visiting Auburn on the 30th today.

Holland and CeCe were having a good time in Oxford last night, but in the end I think Holland goes to AU.

CeCe is the real wildcard to me. No telling where he might end up, I personally got a feeling if we land both Cowart and Key, he will decide not to come to AU, and I think he winds up at Ole Miss, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Preston Williams sticks with UT imo, he left his visit early last night.

Optik
01-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Cowart announced that he's taking a week off from recruiting, imo it's still an Auburn/Florida race, unless FSU can get him to visit or talk, but I feel pretty good about our chances with him.

UGA was trying to get Arden Key to visit on the 30th instead of Auburn, but he confirmed that he is visiting Auburn on the 30th today.

Holland and CeCe were having a good time in Oxford last night, but in the end I think Holland goes to AU.

CeCe is the real wildcard to me. No telling where he might end up, I personally got a feeling if we land both Cowart and Key, he will decide not to come to AU, and I think he winds up at Ole Miss, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Preston Williams sticks with UT imo, he left his visit early last night.

Lawing has a closer relationship with Cowart than probably any other coach, so I'd expect Cowart will at least hear Lawing out.

Meh on Key. I didn't really want him anyway and doesn't seem like we pushed so hard after Walker firmed up his commitment. Don't count LSU out for him though.

Cece is Ole Miss IMO. They came out of left field, but I think they have a nice lead right now. Going to take some serious work out of the rest of you teams after him to change that.

Friedchickenman
01-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Lawing has a closer relationship with Cowart than probably any other coach, so I'd expect Cowart will at least hear Lawing out.

Meh on Key. I didn't really want him anyway and doesn't seem like we pushed so hard after Walker firmed up his commitment. Don't count LSU out for him though.

Cece is Ole Miss IMO. They came out of left field, but I think they have a nice lead right now. Going to take some serious work out of the rest of you teams after him to change that.

Maybe so, but I just feel like it's "too little, too late" in FSU's case. Also meant to add that South Carolina is definitely not out of it with Key, he visited there the past weekend and by all accounts that visit went pretty well.

scgamecock312
01-26-2015, 08:09 AM

Good pickup although I don't think he is very athletic. We run a zone blocking scheme as well.

Coal_UGA
01-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Is Madden going to qualify?

scgamecock312
01-26-2015, 08:23 AM

He should. Wisconsin is a hard school to get into. That is why the last two coaches have left.

Herchel
01-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Yes. He had Tourette's and had a 1.5 as a freshman. He had a 3.5 as a junior, and a 4.0 as a senior, per a Wiscy fan.

scgamecock312
01-26-2015, 08:26 AM
FWIW....definitely not hating on the kid although I think he is a big time project, but Penn State fans don't think he is that good at all. They are saying Franklin and his staff had zero interest in him.

Dawg in Dallas
01-26-2015, 08:37 AM
FWIW....definitely not hating on the kid although I think he is a big time project, but Penn State fans don't think he is that good at all. They are saying Franklin and his staff had zero interest in him.

I think most people think he is a project. I would be surprised if he saw the field in the next two year. He won't see it next year, as he should be a surefire redshirt.

But he has one thing you can't teach - size. Considering how this class for UGA is weak on OL, this may be a reach worth making.

scgamecock312
01-26-2015, 08:38 AM
I think most people think he is a project. I would be surprised if he saw the field in the next two year. He won't see it next year, as he should be a surefire redshirt.

But he has one thing you can't teach - size. Considering how this class for UGA is weak on OL, this may be a reach worth making.

Oh, don't get me wrong....he is definitely worth the risk. He is huge.

Herchel
01-26-2015, 08:39 AM

Buchannon said we had four commits. That means one is silent. I think it is Allen.

Dawg in Dallas
01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Buchannon said we had four commits. That means one is silent. I think it is Allen.

You never know till they sign the dotted line.

scgamecock312
01-26-2015, 08:41 AM

More than likely. Seems Allen is trending back to Georgia.

A lot of Carolina fans are freaking out about Madden and I don't know why. We just got Helms the Wake Forest transfer this weekend who was a freshman all american this year. He will have to sit out a year though.

Optik
01-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Good pickup although I don't think he is very athletic. We run a zone blocking scheme as well.

He's definitely an OG, but in most of his tape he weight at least 345 and up to 370 according to his HS coach. While he doesn't look super athletic, when you consider that weight he does look like a decent athlete. I think he'll be fine once he sheds some pounds. He won't play anywhere near that weight at UGA. Probably won't see the field at more than 330.

Oh, don't get me wrong....he is definitely worth the risk. He is huge.

And we're bringing him in as a Right Guard, he should be more than athletic enough for that. Size and power matter more at that position and he has those in spades.

Herchel
01-26-2015, 11:19 AM
And we're bringing him in as a Right Guard, he should be more than athletic enough for that. Size and power matter more at that position and he has those in spades.
If they put him next to Cleveland, we should be able to run a little on that side.

Optik
01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
If they put him next to Cleveland, we should be able to run a little on that side.

Pretty sure that's the plan, at least long term unless Cleveland shows he can play LT in college. Between the two, I hope we can move somebody out of the way over there. :cheers: