Huge recruiting weekend for Auburn [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Huge recruiting weekend for Auburn

Friedchickenman
01-16-2015, 07:19 PM
5 star visitors

Byron Cowart
Cece Jefferson
Trenton Thompson
Terry Godwin
Martez Ivey (unofficial)
Nate Craig (unofficial 2016)

4 star visitors

Terry Beckner Jr.
Darrell Williams
Tim Irvin
Jordan Colbert
Torrance Gibson
Kerryon Johnson
Javarius Davis
Ryan Davis
D'Anfernee McGriff
Marquel Harrell

3 star visitors

Jauntavius Johnson
Elijah Sullivan
Montavious Atkinson
Sheldrick Redwine
Jalen Harris

The headliner here is Cowart, who many believe CeCe and other defensive players might follow. (#3 recruit in national rankings). Tim Irvin is related to Michael Irvin, and is a Texas commitment (for now), who might flip. Trenton Thompson I think is solid to UGA, but we may be able to make up ground and make an impression on Godwin. Ivey is another big fish here, he's already used his official, I still think he wants to go to Florida but we'll see. Terry Beckner Jr. is a solid DT that we could really use, we're not in his top 3 currently. Javarius Davis is coming on his second OV, and I expect him to be in Orange and Blue.

xAuBuRn
01-16-2015, 09:08 PM
You forgot Holland. I think we possibly get two commitments (Holland, Irvin). It will be big for guys like CeCe, Cowart,Beckner to have great visits. I think they will.

Herchel
01-17-2015, 06:34 AM
You are not allowed to sign Thompson and Godwin. :)

Friedchickenman
01-17-2015, 02:02 PM
You forgot Holland. I think we possibly get two commitments (Holland, Irvin). It will be big for guys like CeCe, Cowart,Beckner to have great visits. I think they will.

Yep, forgot to list as he was an unofficial. Herschel, I don't think you have to worry, both are solid to UGA, but if I was to pick one of the two that might have a chance to be swayed, it would be Godwin.

Friedchickenman
01-18-2015, 01:03 PM
4 star safety Tim Irvin just flipped his commitment from Texas to AU. Don't think there will be any new commitments today, but the weekend went really well according to everyone involved for multiple big time prospects.

scgamecock312
01-19-2015, 04:36 PM
I was surprised that Irvin flipped from Texas. Nice pick up.

If you guys close with Jefferson, Cowart and maybe Ivey, that is an incredible pull.

xAuBuRn
01-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Rumor is that Holland, Jefferson, Cowart are a package deal. I do not believe that for one second. He apparently told a lot of people that. He also told them they all were coming to Auburn. They may, but it is a long way until signing day. Cowart likes to create drama.

http://247sports.com/Player/Davante-Davis-29287 - He is another Texas Commit who is good friends with Irvin. Visiting the 30th. His player host? Irvin. Then you got John Burt who Auburn is in fairly good position for De-committed from Texas a week or two ago, but Texas is still very much in the picture.

I think Auburn is in good shape to finish with a top 5 class even if they only land 1/3 of the BIG 3 (CeCe,Cowart,Ivey).

Bubba
01-20-2015, 11:49 AM
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=586459.0;attach=14 3403;image

Bama_Man
01-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Tim Irvin, flips from Texas, posts this pic on Instagram right after the Auburn visit in which he commits:

http://i.imgur.com/E2nEOim.png?1

xAuBuRn
01-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Tim Irvin, flips from Texas, posts this pic on Instagram right after the Auburn visit in which he commits:

You do realize who Irvin is related to and received some money as most of us do with graduation. He graduated in December. That is somewhere between 500-1000. Michael Irvin is far from poor.

http://d3f5994kvuwcz1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/dee3.png

Bama_Man
01-20-2015, 02:18 PM
I know, I just thought it was bad timing on his part to post that pic right after his visit to Auburn. I dont believe it came from Auburn, it probably came from Uncle Mike, but it still looks bad to post that right after his visit and his commitment. All these kids that posts pics of themselves holding a wad of cash are morons, theres no reason whatsoever to post those pics.

Theres no way a school would cheat, give an athlete money, then let him take a picture with it LOL

I was pretty pissed when Liner posted his picture BTW, not just Auburn players but any player doing it is being stupid.