Army vs Navy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Army vs Navy

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-13-2014, 06:24 PM
I just finished watching the game, start to finish... God I love that game every year! :usa:

As most folks probably were, I was pulling for army to break the losing streak, but a great college football game nonetheless. :usa:

Dawgilicious
12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
It was awesome, I was going for Navy :)

Keenan Reynolds is a beast

Herchel
12-14-2014, 05:50 AM
My brother was a Black Knight of the Hudson. I was hoping for a W.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-14-2014, 03:57 PM
If I were Army, I would totally scrap the option offense and go to a spread. Navy wouldn't know what to with that. The option is such an easy to read and defend offense. It only works effectively when you have the size of players needed to run down hill. Army doesn't have, and will not have those types of bodies. When Army went to an all out passing game late, the offense finally scored.

MKfromPA
12-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Since Navy's long winning streak began, the two programs have gone in opposite directions. Amazing, isn't it?

It would take a lot to bring Army football back to relevance. Navy seems to just be good enough every year to make the postseason.

Naval Aviator
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM
How can you root against NAVY, Doc?

Went to the game with my boy (below) who is a plebe this year at Annapolis. Had a great time, as always.

Like you Doc, part of me was hoping Army would break their losing streak. It's impossible for me not to support both these teams.

I love the part after the game where all the players sing both school songs.

Dawgilicious
12-18-2014, 04:40 AM

Went to the game with my boy (below) who is a plebe this year at Annapolis. Had a great time, as always.

Like you Doc, part of me was hoping Army would break their losing streak. It's impossible for me not to support both these teams.

Still have yet to make it to that game. How can you even get tickets?..LOL

Naval Aviator
12-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Still have yet to make it to that game. How can you even get tickets?..LOL

It usually involves a bit of travel, even if you are on the east coast, but you can get tickets. Maybe we can see it together next year!

Dawgilicious
12-19-2014, 04:00 AM
It usually involves a bit of travel, even if you are on the east coast, but you can get tickets. Maybe we can see it together next year!

id be down for that. I am on the East coast too. Just go ahead and start the plan..haha...is it in Baltimore again or back in philly?

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM

Just for the fact the Army has taken it on the chin from Navy for so many years in a row now. It is kinda the "rooting for the underdog" thingy. I'd just like to see the Army break the streak. I feel for those guys. To be so faithful, and yet suffer defeat after defeat. I just think they deserve one simple bite of pie.

To me, Army/Navy is THE great American football game. No other game even comes close. :usa: The game exemplifies good sportsmanship. I can't remember ever not watching the game. I'm sure I missed one year somewhere along the way, but I can't remember it if I did. And like you, it is probably the only game I continue watching after it is over, until CBS signs off.

And wow that you and your boy got to go! I could only imagine the electricity in the stadium. I'm sure TV does that part little justice.

MKfromPA
12-19-2014, 12:15 PM
id be down for that. I am on the East coast too. Just go ahead and start the plan..haha...is it in Baltimore again or back in philly?

Could definitely get tickets if the game is not played at campus sites. The Eagles' and Ravens' stadiums hold over 60,000. Navy's stadium is quite small. I don't think it holds 45,000.